• 25.04.2024, 00:22
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Specifications of Aquastream XT USB standard?

Donnerstag, 7. Januar 2010, 16:32

According to the information at Kustom PC, the lift head on this pump is 4.2 metres. Is this correct? I have read on some forums that when powered only via 4 pin and without the USB, the pump will be running at 50hz. Yet the maximum speed is 100hz? Also I read that people are not able to set maximum speed of 100hz?

Can you confirm the lift height of the pump shown in the link?

http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/acatalog/info_7903.html

Is 4.2m correct and what speed is the pump at for 4.2m head?

Donnerstag, 7. Januar 2010, 17:52

The 4.2 meters are a theoretical maximum. It's like I would say this car drives 180mph - of course it depends on the terrain if you will be able to gain that speed or not and that is also with the pump. It depends one a few things, mainly the resistance in your loop. If there is a low resistance you will reach a lower frequency as the maximum and on the other site you can reach a much higher frequency if also the resistance is very high. Reaching 100Hz is almost impossible. Everything beyond 90Hz is already an exception and would mean that your loop is very restrictive.

Because of the dynamic frequency adaptation there is also no way to say if you can reach the 4.2m and if so at which frequency. We did a measurement where the pump had to push against a sensor and ended up with that 4.2 meters.

As default the pump runs in an automatic mode where it automatically detects the highest possible frequency itself. Of course you can also change all settings in the software and store them into the pump. So even without USB it would run with the settings that you have done before.

Donnerstag, 7. Januar 2010, 20:21

Hi,

Thanks for reply. I understand. Resistance can come from tight bends, restrictive waterblocks etc I guess. I am using 12mm ID hose with a Thermochill PA 120.3 dual row dual pass.

Anyway, from what I read on some forums, people were getting very good results with this pump especially on restrictive loads. They also mentioned using the pump together with Aqueros.