• 19.04.2024, 21:26
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Aquagratix 4870x2 temps too high

Dienstag, 16. März 2010, 08:52

hi
I am not happy with my temps because I have max temp around 44/90° (idle/load) at VDDC Phase #1 of HD4870x2 with the case opened and fans at around 1700 rpm.
This is according to CPU-Z.
My loop is 3/8" with water coming from res to pump and then to the rad , next to vga block and cpu block, fans are pulling air from rad to inside of the case.
I got some suggestions that maybe an air plug exist inside a vga block but then how to get rid of it?
I have no visible bubbles in loop and hot air is coming from rad so it looks good.
Any coments?
WOuld it be better with some other fan-rad-air direction combination or by placing rad on a different place - maybe even out od a case?

Pics:

pics

Dienstag, 16. März 2010, 16:32

Some close pics of water block and vga...

Does it look ok or not?
There are some issues with a few holes at water block and vga doesn't mach 100% at the end near power connector on both sides of water block / vga....

The vga is Sapphire.

Mittwoch, 17. März 2010, 06:31

I have a question about the 14th and 15th pictures of your last message, I see a metallic plate, maybe used ofr the previous aircooling system. Are you sure to have to keep it with your watercooling ?

Did you have problem when tightening the screws (thermal pads too thick, etc...) ?

Mittwoch, 17. März 2010, 13:21

Telling from the photos it looks a bit like the block has no proper contact to the components. The blue thermal pads should be more compressed while on some photos it looks like they hardly touch the RAM.

Mittwoch, 17. März 2010, 21:22

I completely agree.

Due to your high temperatures, I think you have to do again the operation. By the way, take photos of your card and your waterblock just after removal in order to have an idea of how the thermal pads and thermal grease were compressed. For example, I had high temperatures for my GDDR5 after the first installation of my 5870 waterblock. After removal, the prints revealed that the RAM chips were not completely in contact with the Aquagratix. I used a thick layer of thermal grease and after, the show began ! 8)

Donnerstag, 18. März 2010, 14:01

Telling from the photos it looks a bit like the block has no proper contact to the components. The blue thermal pads should be more compressed while on some photos it looks like they hardly touch the RAM.
It's according Aquacomputer manual.
The same thing is with X metal plates for GPUs that were used with original cooler. They are not mentioned in the manual to be used with water block and that is a point I wonder about.

Donnerstag, 18. März 2010, 14:09

I completely agree.

Due to your high temperatures, I think you have to do again the operation. By the way, take photos of your card and your waterblock just after removal in order to have an idea of how the thermal pads and thermal grease were compressed. For example, I had high temperatures for my GDDR5 after the first installation of my 5870 waterblock. After removal, the prints revealed that the RAM chips were not completely in contact with the Aquagratix. I used a thick layer of thermal grease and after, the show began ! 8)

I already repeated an installation but the result is the same as you can see.
I must tell I am using new set of thermal pads from Aquacomputer but the water block is used bought over ebay.de
I am using original screws M3x6 for GPUs and M3x8 for other holes according manual.
First I tightened eight screws around a GPUs and then the rest.
I got some problems with three screws nearest to the side of vga with power connectors .
Those three screws seams that water block and vga holes are not matching 100% but are maybe a 1/4 mm away from center - you can see that on pics.

Donnerstag, 18. März 2010, 19:46

Personally, I think the way you tighten your screws is right : first ones around the GPUs, then the other ones. In my case, I press by hand the waterblock against the card and I tighten the screws without excessive torque.

I had an Aquagratix 4870 and I had also a screw not completely in the same axis as its hole on the card, but it didn't lead to a problem during the set-up. Check if you need the metallic plate and check also how the pads are pressed against the components.

For my Aquagratix 5870, I used also thermal pads for RAM. After a first test, it revealed they were too thick. Pressing them between my fingers, I imagined it could be better... Completely wrong. Then I put a thick layer of thermal paste, the result was perfect.