• Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Erratic

unregistriert

Watercooling my CPU and GPU's

Samstag, 3. April 2010, 13:46

Hallo,

1-st I'm sorry that I don't speak German, I'm learning now but It will take some time :D

I have real problem cooling my PC but can't understand exactly what I need to water cool my CPU and the 2 video cards in my system. My computer configuration is P5N32-E SLI motherboard socket LGA775, I have 2 ASUS nVidia 8800GT video cards in SLI mode.
I need good cooling for them because my PC stop very often only during game play and not during normal work like using Internet etc. When the PC stop and I open the case, the memory heat sinks of the video cards are very hot and the GPU radiators as well. A month ago I had to change 1 of my video cards GPU fan because it stopped working and after I removed it I saw it was bent from the heat! ... So I decided to go watercooling for the videocards and the CPU but cant understand exactly what I need ... tubes, fittings etc. I like the idea for full cover water block so not only the GPU but also the memory of the video-cards and the power supply can be cooled!

Please help me with the choice! A friend of mine showed me Aquagrafx G92 for my 8800GT video-cards but cant find it in the product list...

Mittwoch, 7. April 2010, 06:53

Hello,

Indeed, if I had to give you a piece of advice, I would tell you to use to a complete waterblock for GPU, VRMs and memory modules.

I explained some watercooling principles on http://forum.gigabyte.fr/index.php/topic…9.html#msg70409 (message nb 667) with my own experience, maybe you could do a translation from french through Babelfish. I can give you more details if you want. ;)

Mittwoch, 7. April 2010, 11:06

If you look around you can probably get a real deal on the 88xx series full cover water blocks that AC made. I suppose you would like some headroom in your system so a 360 size radiator should cool everything you might want to do. I use a single 120 size radiator to cool off just my CPU. I put a 360 sized radiator in (just for grins) to cool a single GPU.