• 27.04.2024, 22:32
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

help with Aquastream XT

Donnerstag, 29. April 2010, 05:59

Hi guy's,

I have the Aquastream xt pump wich works great and sillent. But i do have one concern what if i get a pump failure? Most motherboards have a auto shutt off when temps are to high, but this is done via the cpu fan connector. For example when the cpu fan fails the bios will know the fan has failed and will shutt of the pc automaticaly before any damage is done. This is auto shutt off....it only works if there is a cpu fan connected right? Or does auto shutt off regulated by temps alone?

Any way how can i have this safety with the pump? On the site it says:

"Correctly operated, the pump generates a speedometer signal which can be
connected to the CPU fan connection. With a failure of the pump or an error, the
bios can shut-down the PC
."

How is this done? I do have a 3-pin fan cable included with the pump (speed signal/aquabus cable) but the cpu fan connection is 4-pin.....
If i do have the correct cable speed signal/aquabus cable all i need is to connect it to the cpu fan connection right? and pump into the "fan" or "rpm" connection??. In order for it to work properly do i need to use any software? ( i dont use aquabus software).

Please help

Thanks in advance

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 4 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Sniper101« (29. April 2010, 16:31)

ka0t

Donnerstag, 6. Mai 2010, 17:22

Since 3-pin coolers also work on 4-pin connectors on mainboards I assume the speed- signal will be available as well. You simply can try it by connecting a 3-pin cooler and check the signal by using software like everest. The as creates such a rpm signal - just connect the menioned cable to the cpu- connector if the first check ran well.