• Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

klotu

unregistriert

New pc build.

Montag, 10. Mai 2010, 10:45

Hi,

Im about to order a new computer. The CPU is allready boxed with an own water cooling system
So the only thing I need for aquacomputer is to cool down my XFX Radeon HD 5870 1GB GDDR5 X2

So I looked for the : aquagratiX for HD 5870 x2 with connector between them.
I am new to this water cooling thing, so I was wondering what else do I need? Pumps, reservoar? how many tubes and so on.
Can anyone plz help me?

How much noise do the watercooling system put out?

Thanks,
Klotu

Montag, 10. Mai 2010, 17:19

Basically, you'll need the whole bunch of equipment if your prebuilt cooling solution is not extensible. In other words: Pump, reservoir, radiator(s), tubes, coolers and fluid. Maybe some fan controller too, if you like the system to regulate temps (and thus fan speeds) automatically. Tube diameter and connectors depend on personal preferences, so you have to choose for yourself what you'd like to use.

The noise emission will depend on the size of the radiator. More cooling surface means less noise, because your fans can run at lower speeds (even if you have quite a bunch of them). Given the fact that you want to cool two 5870s, you'll need at least a 420/360 radiator to obtain decent noise (but I'd suggest an evo 1080 or aquaduct 720 for this purpose).

aquatube --> dfm high flow --> aquastream --> airplex xt 120 --> aquagratix 5870 --> aquabridge crosshair 3 --> cuplex di² --> airplex pro 120 --> airplex revo 420 --> aquatube