• 20.04.2024, 03:38
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Biffa

GTX460 Block

Dienstag, 13. Juli 2010, 17:51

Hows the GTX 460 block coming along guys? :)

Mittwoch, 14. Juli 2010, 10:06

We will not offer a block for this card since the layout madness has already started and we know from the past that only a handful of people with these mid-range cards buy a block that costs around 50% of the cards price.

Biffa

Mittwoch, 14. Juli 2010, 15:52

We will not offer a block for this card since the layout madness has already started and we know from the past that only a handful of people with these mid-range cards buy a block that costs around 50% of the cards price.
Thats a shame, but I understand what you mean about the layout madness. With all those different PCB designs it would be crazy to try and keep up with blocks. But I think the mid-range comment is a bit of a strange one you mean like the GTX260? ?( :thumbsup: that was an awesome card, yes there were really only 2 or 3 PCB designs but everyone made blocks for those :)

Mittwoch, 14. Juli 2010, 21:53

The GTX 260 was directly available with the GTX 280 so that was no problem. HD5870 + HD5850 or GTX 480 + GTX 470 are the same thing but the GTX 460 is not interesting for us.

Mittwoch, 14. Juli 2010, 23:29

I'm very dissapointed to read this and not to offer watercooling for GTX460 is a decision which you should think about really quick. As fast GTX460 are already close in speed to GTX470 and faster than GTX465 the demand for GF100 will definitely go down right now. See the available online reviews. And I'm not talking about overclocking now.

If even faster version of GF104 chip are coming out, there will be even more demand for water cooling (and nobody might need the GTX480 any more). And I assume they will have the same layout, or not?

In will buy a new computer with GTX460 and watercooling within the next month or maybe already two weeks. If aquacomputer would be able to deliver watercooling (available within 4 weeks!) for this I would be definitely a customer.

If not, I would have to look for another brand which would be really a pity. As I i ntended to buy all coolers from the same brand, this means I also have to overthink my decision which I made already in my mind for the Kryos.

Biffa

Donnerstag, 15. Juli 2010, 03:56

Guys I would think about it too, just do a block for the stock Nvidia pcb design, there will be enough of those about. I think thats what your competitors are doing.

I also agree that the 460 has hit the sweet spot for Nvidia, its going to sell big like the GTX260.

btw what I meant about the GTX260 was that there were at least 3 board revisions needing different blocks, maybe you didn't do one for each board but others did and I know it was a pita :)

Donnerstag, 15. Juli 2010, 16:55

Yes the GTX 460 is a card for the Mainstream. I think AC would make more profit with the GTX 460 water blocks than the GTX 480 or the GTX 470 Water blocks.
Please AC think about it.
Sorry for my bad english.

Greetings ExoTerra
Zu Verkaufen: Aquaero 4.0 mit schwarzer Blende.

Sonntag, 18. Juli 2010, 07:57

Am I the only one that buys video cards depending on what blocks are available for them? Who buys a video card and then looks for a block? That's crazy. Plan your build.

Biffa

Montag, 19. Juli 2010, 02:10

Am I the only one that buys video cards depending on what blocks are available for them? Who buys a video card and then looks for a block? That's crazy. Plan your build.
Uh what makes you think I already have the card? ?(
In fact no-one is saying they already have bought one. :huh:
We are doing our research and finding out if one of our favourite block makers plans on making one for this card and now we find they aren't we want them to know we think they should :thumbup:
FWIW I already have 4 GTX 470's with AquaGrafx blocks, and a 480 with an EK block, but I think the 460 is a better design and am considering changing my 480 for two 460's, so I have been going around finding out who is going to make blocks for them, Aqua is one of the main guys thats are not making one for the reference versions of the card. :(

Donnerstag, 22. Juli 2010, 16:36

After reading some reviews, I feel I should apologize for my previous statement. Sorry.

The 460 is beating the Hell out of the 470 in a lot of reviews. Seems illogical, but it's true. Perhaps AC should drop the 470 production and pick up the 460. Looks like it's going to be more popular, more powerful, and cheaper than the 470.

/edit I'm beginning to feel sorry for those people that already bought 470s.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Earthmonger« (22. Juli 2010, 16:51)

Biffa

Donnerstag, 5. August 2010, 18:38

Depends what you use it for, the 470 is a good folding card that overclocks past the 480 speed, the 460 can reach 470 stock speed.

But this thread is a moot point now.

Biffa

Donnerstag, 5. August 2010, 18:40

Hows the GTX 460 block coming along guys? :)
The GTX 260 was directly available with the GTX 280 so that was no problem. HD5870 + HD5850 or GTX 480 + GTX 470 are the same thing but the GTX 460 is not interesting for us.
Neu: aquagrafx GTX 460 ?( :thumbsup: :whistling: