• 27.04.2024, 12:59
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

PWM feature's Aquaero and Multiswitch

Dienstag, 31. August 2010, 16:45

Hello!

I' ve tryed a search about pwm function of Aquaero at Forum but I had no sucess.
I imagem that search engine dont work at posts, only at Threads.

I'm in a doubt how Aquaero command pwm function at channels either with Multswitch.
From english manual (from fev-2007) of Aquaero at 26th page there is a description of pwm function,
and then my first and fool question:

1 - If pwm fans have 4 wires (power, ground, rpm sensor and pwm control) what kind of managment
do Aquaero to improve PWM function ?( The Aquaero's pics show 4 channels with 3pin each :?:
In case of use 2 or more Aquaero's by Aquabus the pwm funtion on the others will be able too :?:

2 - (concern Multswitch integration on Aquaero) the Pwm function will be disable if Multiswitch
will be conect by Aquabus-device at Aquaero, but if I choose plug a Multswitch at USB it will detect by Aquasuite ?(
How many Multiswitchs can I hang on Usb port to be detect by Aquasuite :?:

Thanks!

ricardoh

Mittwoch, 1. September 2010, 14:39

The aquaero 4.00 works with analog voltage regulators. Only the really old version 3.07 was using PWM but also only with 3-pin connectors. Normally every PWM fan should work on a regular 3-pin connector since the 4th pin is only optional for the PWM function. If you don't know it so far: PWM means no real voltage regulation and is something that you should avoid.

I don't understand your question with the aquaero and aquabus. There is no way to connect the aquaeros via aquabus. The only way to communicate is USB or you do everything directly through the buttons and display.

You can connect hundreds of multiswitches to the PC. Every USB device gets its own tab within the aquasuite.

Freitag, 3. September 2010, 17:47

Thanks a lot, Shoggy!

Yesterday I saw your post and go read aquaero's manual. I mess it up Aquabus and expansion port! 8|

As you can see I'm totally newbie about aqua computer's products. I've purchase one from Sidewindercomputers (here in America! :thumbsup: ) that will come in next week, so I just know the online manual.

About my question I was pretendig aks how to connect multiples aquaeros with the 20pin cable, if there is any kind of limitation (number of aquaeros, lack of features, etc).

My interess in Pwm function is to take advantage of it in my new Pc that will have 30 or 31 fans (3 quad rads and one triple rad). It's not so easy!

Concern your tip about pwm lack of voltage regulator I know that pwm is only "on" and "off", but I dont pay attencion
that's dont means voltage regulator. Thanks again! :thumbup: But I ask on it - voltage regulator - dont it warm aquaero's circuit without necessary :?:

I understood that Aquaero dont have PWM function, but Multiswicht has, hasnt it ?

By the way, without push your goodness, would you mind give a little help with Aquaero in my new PC. The germany language is a difficult that google translation dont helps and I will plan purchase parts overseas, so any mistake will take long and expansive delay.

ricardoh

Freitag, 3. September 2010, 21:30

You can not connect two aquaeros. There is no way that two or more can communicate with each other. The 20-pin port is an old interface for the aquastream with external controller (not the current XT variant with USB).

You can connect an unlimited amount of aquaeros via USB. As said every device get its own tab in the aquasuite.

The multiswitch works with PWM but was not designed for fans. So depending on your fans it might be possible that they will generate a humming noise - a common problem with PWM.

Samstag, 4. September 2010, 01:40

Great explanation!

Thank you much!

RicardoH