• 27.04.2024, 11:37
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Potential buyers – read this first

Montag, 20. September 2010, 11:38

I've owned a complete Aqua set for about 6 months and my experience is as follows;

- Marginal better than air cooling
- Very bad after sales/service
- Inconsistent/confusing English manuals
- Expensive

From day 1 the voltage on the pump showed more than 16V. PSU delivers a steady 12 V - tested.
Hence the pump goes into safety mode. After endless mails and finally a telephone contact with management it was decided to take action.
I had to remove the card myself from the pump and return it to Aquacomputer. After paying 400 Euro this is amazing to be requested to fiddle with the internals of the pump. Though I requested a new controller card I received in return the same card but "repaired".
The performance improved somewhat but the voltage still shows 14-16V.
An extra cable was purchased to connect between Aquastream and Aquabus, but it never worked.
According to the aquaro there is no pump.
I have three more computers with heavy loads, now they are all fitted with problem-free air cooling at a fraction of the price compared with Aquacomputer.

If you considder buying this type of watercooling, you'd better think twice.

Have a nice day!

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »atad« (20. September 2010, 14:36)

heed

Dienstag, 21. September 2010, 15:42

Hi, Atad, thanks for your post. We would be happy to help you solve your problems. Could you please provide links to the posts you have started in the past about this? Since you've had so much trouble it would be good to see what solutions you've tried and what was recommended to you.

Donnerstag, 23. September 2010, 10:45

Hello heed, thanks for your interest.
As you can see, here on the forum I only had 1 post .
All communication between Aquacomputer and me was by mail and we had one conversation.

The problem is the controller card in the pump which is not functioning properly (reporting high voltage-->safety mode--> 49Hz or stop completely).
Above I wrote how the after sales responded to my trouble, constantly playing waiting games
This is a hardware problem which Aquacomputer did not solve and frankly spoken, they didn't care less.
And that's the reason I am critical towards them and feel I have to warn future (foreign?) buyers.

I understand German perfectly well, but I prefer writing in English.
So feel free to respond.

Donnerstag, 23. September 2010, 23:22

We never forced you to remove the controller yourself - it was just an offer. Normally this would void the warranty but we did not care in this case to save you from the high shipping costs which you complained several times about. We also offered to send a new controller for free in advance but you never replied to this.

When we got your controller it has been repaired immediately and also left our house a few minutes later again - without anything charged. It should be mentioned that the defective part on your controller was a surge diode which protects the controller against overvoltages or stress peaks. Since every pump is tested by hand and a computer-assisted self-test with automatic data logging of the test values we can be sure that it left our house in a flawless working condition. We could have also come to the opinion that this problem was caused by something in your range since this surge diode will not go bad without a reason, but we didn't.

We never heard anything afterwards from you. If you still have that problem it would only mean that there is definitely something wrong with your PC because killing two surge diodes in a row is like winning the lottery jackpot.

Well, the whole case could have been faster - that's true - but unfortunately you got us in a time where I was on holiday for a few days and my college was not able to answer your technical questions so he moved them into my folder. We are not a huge company like Apple or Nokia with hundreds of persons in the support where it does not matter if someone is on holiday or not.
By the way: your mentioned waiting game were three business days... else you got a response the next day. I can also remember A LOT of e-mails from you before your order which all have been answered quickly.

Freitag, 24. September 2010, 16:27

Really Shoggy, this is BS and you know it.
Nobody, ever, from Aquacomputer offered us a substitute for the pump or the controller card.
If they had, it was accepted by return. The pump was tested with different PSU and MB, all with the same result.
Are you telling there something wrong with the general power supply in Norway?

We are a company and are happy with the other solutions we found and do not want to argue with after sales here and now, damage done.
We only want to make potential future buyers aware of our experience with Aquacomputer.

I apologize if I bothered you with one or two enquiries by mail before ordering, this is unheard of.

Freitag, 24. September 2010, 17:58

Zitat

this is BS and you know it.
It was obvious that you would reply something like that.

Zitat

Nobody, ever, from Aquacomputer offered us a substitute for the pump or the controller card.
Well, we did and I also know for sure that you got that e-mail and have read it since it was the same e-mail where I mentioned to send in only the controller:

23-APR-2010:
"(...) If you own a soldering iron I could offer you a much cheaper option for you and us. The pump itsfelf will be OK for sure, so if you unsolder the controller board from the back you can send it in a padded envelope. Of course we can also send you a controller in a padded envelope with an invoice of 0,00 EUR if you still need it in advance. (...)"

As said, you never replied to this but you have sent the controller in an envelope as suggested.

Zitat

The pump was tested with different PSU and MB, all with the same result.
What did you expect? When the controller is damaged in the first test it will also stay damaged in all other tests. We never recommend to test that pump with several other stuff. I even said clearly in an e-mail that your pump is damaged and advised not to use it anymore:

21-APR-2010:
"(...) It seems very obvious that your pump is damaged and I wonder that you are still use it in that condition. I highly recommend that you do not use it anymore. (...)"

Zitat

Are you telling there something wrong with the general power supply in Norway?
Not your general power supply but maybe something in your PC.

Zitat

We only want to make potential future buyers aware of our experience with Aquacomputer.
If that makes you feel better - we have no problem with that.

Zitat

I apologize if I bothered you with one or two enquiries by mail before ordering, this is unheard of.
That already shows your intention with that thread... I did not complain about all that mails (10+). I only mentioned them since your post sounds like we were not able to do any kind of support. It can't have been that bad since in the end you ordered ;)

Samstag, 25. September 2010, 18:35

Just for the record I have done a fair bit of business with Aquacomputer over the last few years. There have been only one or two problems that necessitated a call to tech support. AC has always been more than fair in our business dealings. I'm not trying to take away from your experience atad, but honestly I have had controller issues as well and they always offered to send the board if I was willing to unsolder it.

heed

Montag, 27. September 2010, 15:57

Okay, Atad, I understand that you feel upset. We can't change that.

Do you want us to try to walk you through unsoldering the board? Or is there some other way we could help you?

Montag, 27. September 2010, 16:27

Erm, may I ask who you are since you act like someone from our company but of course you are not.

heed

Mittwoch, 29. September 2010, 04:42

Erm, may I ask who you are since you act like someone from our company but of course you are not.
Of course I don't work for AC, nor have I ever said or even implied that I do. I'm just trying to help this guy out. I was under the impression that is the difference between support forums and support email. If that's not what you want us to do, why do you have this forum??

When I said "we" I was referring to myself, Top Nurse, and anyone else who might actually be trying to help this guy fix his problem.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »heed« (29. September 2010, 05:07)