• 28.04.2024, 00:08
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Filter needs some design improvements: Can't install all 4 screws

Donnerstag, 9. Dezember 2010, 00:58

I just installed my AC filter into my Corsair Obsidian 700D case faceplate. Installation went OK, but the filter itself needs some serious improvements. After Dremeling out the aluminum cover and drilling holes for the 4 hex screws, I was unable to install the washers on any screw, and I could not get the nuts on the screws on one side. There is physically not enough space on the cover to clear the nuts.

http://www.wesg.ca/dnR

That's a photo of the filter as it is installed in my case. You can probably see how tight the nuts are to the side of the filter. I think it's a pretty easy problem to fix, just increase the surface area of the cover.

Great products otherwise (I have a GTX470 cover, i7 block and Aquaero) and a little improvement will go a long way.
MacBook Pro
Ubuntu File Server - 6.75TB
Watercooled workstation - i7-950 @ 4.0GHz / 12GB RAM / Intel 120GB SSD / ASUS P6X58D Premium / GTX470 / Aquaero 4
www.wesg.ca

creekin

Donnerstag, 9. Dezember 2010, 12:12

i noticed the same problem with mine, but the nut does fit.

there is a small L section where the nut meets the body of the filter
it does fit in under there, it is just a bit tricky to get it in the first time.

I found it easier to bolt the mounting plate down first by itself,
THEN bolt the filter to it.

you will see that it works fine :thumbsup:

Sonntag, 26. Dezember 2010, 07:06

I got one of the first filters produced and I think you will have better luck if you do closer tolerance cuts. Some people mount the unit flush to the case using shim stock and use the cover plate for a paper weight. 8)