• 28.04.2024, 01:00
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

JOOSSENS

Random startup problems

Freitag, 10. Dezember 2010, 20:49

Hi everyone,:)

I've got a liang pump connected to my aquaero powerboost and have some problems when booting my PC.
The problem is that during boot MY PUMP STOPS for a couple of seconds=> no flow =>emergency shut down.

It is an intermitting problem, sometimes it boots perfectly fine it starts at 12V (shows 12V)and slowly goes to 6.5V wich i determined as being the lowist setting for my pump.

The times it goes wrong: it starts full fans and full speed pump but it shows a lower voltage.

So far no problem.
But then when it starts slowing down the fans (and pump) it suddenly drops to the shown voltage ie 6.5V, this seems a random number between 6.5 and 12V.

So far no problem.
Now it keeps reducing the voltage as shown on the display BELOW the tresholds I've set for them in aquasuite.
So my pump STOPS!! ==> emergency shutdown sequence kicks in.

Then the aquaero tries to recover by upping the voltage and the pump ramps up again.
By then im pressing the enter button to override the emergency shutdown wich i do not want to do!!!

This ONLY occurs when booting the pc once it is up and running everything is fine.

I updated firmware to latest V4.22, got the soft updated.
also i tried clearing eeprom
even reflashed firmware v4.22 and completely reïnstalled aquasuite.
Booted without the usb plugged in==> same behaviour randomly stopping my pump.

I'm on windows 7 64 bit

What can i try next? Do i have to send it back?

heed

Dienstag, 14. Dezember 2010, 00:08

Man, sorry no one has helped you. Not sure where Shoggy is, but I'll try (I do not work for this forum or AC like he does).

I wonder if it's some kind of overload/heat problem...

Are you SURE you have your pump plugged into the Powerbooster connector? It's the only one with the power to feed a pump.

Can you feel of the back of the Aquaero, the Al plate or heatsink; is it too hot?

Lastly, could you unplug all your fans from the Aquaero (remember to take them out of emergency shutdown first in the software) and see what that does? You could temporarily plug them into molex off powersupply if you want. I would imagine your system will be fine for a few minutes with no fans on the rads though.

JOOSSENS

Dienstag, 14. Dezember 2010, 11:43

Well i unplugged all fans except some that are plugged into my mobo ==> same result

I starts the pump full speed but shows only 6V then aquaero starts to drop the voltage 5V, 4V, 3V I hear the pump stop immediately when the voltage drops to 5V.

Then aquaero notices the pump stopped and starts upping the voltage, at 7.5V pump starts again (i did override the emergency shutdown procedure)

After this everything is ok.

Ill measure the actual voltages when i have time.

heed

Dienstag, 14. Dezember 2010, 15:51

Hmmm well maybe Shoggy or someone from AC can chime in then...I don't know what to suggest at this point.

Mittwoch, 15. Dezember 2010, 09:47

Which model of that pump is that? Maybe it draws too much power when it is spinning up.

JOOSSENS

Mittwoch, 15. Dezember 2010, 20:03

DDC 3.25, 18W from koolance (pmp-400)
The thing is i measured the voltage when booting:
The startup is lik this: it starts at 12V (11.93V) looks ok by me, but it shows another voltage on the display eg (6V)
But at the point when it slows down the pump it drops it suddenly to this voltage, from then on it is showing me the correct voltage on the display.
If i set the minimum voltage to be 8V this shown voltage when i start the pc will be a random number between 12V and this 8V.
If it shows me for instance 8V then it will start at an effective voltage of 12V then drops it suddenly to 8V and continues to drop the voltage to 4V; wich i think is the offset between the 12V(measured) and 8V(shown).

At this moment i programmed the minimum power to be 8.7V approx and it now will drop to a minimum of 5.5V, this way the pump will not stop.
I should also mention that as soon as it reached this too low voltage, it starts to up it to the programmed minimum voltage, from then on everything is ok.
It seems to me it is some sort of firmware problem, because my previous aquaero(wrong model sent to me) was one that didnt have the powerbooster preinstalled and that did boot just fine, it just couldnt run the pump at full speed.

The thing i like to try is reset all settings and flash a previous firmware to see if it solves the problem?
thanks you for helping me

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »JOOSSENS« (15. Dezember 2010, 20:16)

JOOSSENS

Samstag, 25. Dezember 2010, 23:34

Can someone send me an old firmware? Or point me to a link.

I still get some strange issues where the pump doesnt start at all.

Can i get confirmation my pump ddc 3.25 is supported.

greetings and merry christmas to all

Dienstag, 28. Dezember 2010, 12:18

You can download older variants which also contain older firmwares here:

http://aquacomputer.de/aquasuite-changel…-changelog.html

To flash an older firmware you will have to start the aquasuite with the parameter -override -fwoverride because otherwise it will tell you that the firmware you are trying to flash is older than the current firmware and stops the update.

JOOSSENS

Sonntag, 9. Januar 2011, 19:51

Hello guys, i wanted to give an update on the problems a had.
It seems i've managed to get the problem to dissapear.
I've turned off the software shutdown option. After extensive testing the system runs smoothly for almost a week now.

a small log of what i did:

I flashed the aquaero with old firmware and soft: ==>did not matter problem was still there.
I reset it to factory default settings and set up the sensor and fans via the device itself ==>problem was gone:-)
Then set up alarm and relay options to shut down when pump failure or insufficient flow ==>problem was still gone :-)

Last thing was to set up the software shutdown options: i set some temp alarms and fan failure alarms==> problem was back in full force, it almost systematically occurred.
One thing i noticed was that in the software shutdown tab I did not activated alarm for Fan 4 but it seemed to automatically get activated.
This was a problem in itself because i do not have a fan on this header so it activated software shutdown; i clicked the radiobutton fan 4 off several times but when i rebooted it got reactivated every time.

When i turned the software shutdown option off the aquaero works perfect again.

The only thing i still have to try is to connect a fan to header 4 and test the software emergency shutdown option again.
I hope this is useful info for you guys at aquacomputer, thanx for such a great device; when it works it does everything i expect it to.

btw shoggy; the override parameter is -fwoverride :-)

greetz

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »JOOSSENS« (12. Januar 2011, 13:29)

JOOSSENS

Problem Solved New problem discovered :-)

Samstag, 15. Januar 2011, 12:27

I did some further investigating and noticed some things:

I connected a fan to the 4th header and activated the software shutdown options.

Everything still runs smoothly; so it is because i didnt have fan connected to this header i got this strange boot issue, i dont know but is seems this way.
Another thing i noticed and i want to know if anyone has the same behaviour:
When I deactivate fan4(front) in software emergency shutdown tab, on reopening the soft it is reactivated by itself.
When I deactivate fan1(pump) in software emergency shutdown tab, on reopening the soft has also deactivated fan 4 by itself.

I mean this is not normal behaviour is it?
Is anyone having the same issue?
Next step back to newest soft/firmware

greetz

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »JOOSSENS« (15. Januar 2011, 12:30)