• 23.04.2024, 18:35
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Aquaero 5 installed

Mittwoch, 18. Mai 2011, 23:41

Hi,

I have had my Aquaero 5 XT installed for just over a week now and have some questions.

1) On each of 2 of the fan channels I am running 2 of these http://www.xigmatek.com/product.php?prod…e=specification using a standard Y-splitter. These 2 channels are constantly overheating - less than every 2 minutes they need to ramp up to 100% in order to cool down. I have read that the upcoming firmware update will improve this but I just want to check. Surely I don't need a waterblock just for 2 fans per channel?

2) I have a strange problem regarding the capacitive keys. When I first received the Aquaero I set it up outside my case to try it out, once running I had the same capacitive key problem mentioned a fair amount on this forum. I turned the sensitivity right down of them so the issue appeared to be fixed. Once I installed it into the case I found upon start up and approximately once every 30 minutes the unit will "click" continuously as if the keys are pressed for about 15 seconds and then stop (When this happens the screen goes back to it's "startup" screen asking me to set the language). I also get no response from the keys now either. I have tried to reset the sensitivity of the keys but now the option has gone from the menu - all I have is the "Illumination mode" and "Key tone" option in the keys menu. Is there something I have done to remove this option from the menu? How can I get it back again? Do you think adjusting the sensitivity will sort out the "clicking" of the keys? My case is a Coolermaster Cosmos S if this helps.

3) When I installed the unit into my system I used in-line temperature sensors in my cooling loop rather than air sensors. I changed the name of them on the sensor page of the Aquaero to match up with where they were in my loop. Unfortunately I got 2 of them mixed up "Radiator out" and Radiator in" (i.e. "Radiator out" was actually measuring the temperature of the water going into the rad). Before I realised I had this wrong I set up the Aquaero to log the data from "Radiator out" every 10 seconds and display a chart on one of the display pages. Once I realised I had them the wrong way around I changed the names so they were correct and tried to alter the data source of the log configuration but it will not let me switch to the new "Radiator out". When I select it the unit lets out a "Key tone" but the radio button doesn't change. I can change the data source to any of the other sensors I have in the system but not this one. Is there something I am missing to get this to work correctly?

I must say I'm really impressed with the actual product although I don't think rushing it out without the proper documentation and/or software plus what could be a serious grounding issue was wise. I have wanted an Aquaero for as long as I have been water cooling (about 4 1/2 years) but have always upgraded components rather than spend the money on something that seemed to do what I was achieving using Speedfan and the headers on my motherboard. However with the Aquaero 5 I was hoping now it would be worthwhile.

If you can help me with these answers hopefully I'll be shown to be right.

vtran73

Donnerstag, 19. Mai 2011, 01:28

I think you are missing the sensitivity option because the Aquaero is not reading the capacitive screen correctly. You may want to unscrew the front panel take off the screen and plug it back into the main part of the unit. I had the same problem and I found that if I just re-seat the screen the option came back in the menu.

I too feel that this product was rushed to market, unfortunately it is the early adopting consumers like you and I that are paying the price. It really feels that this product was not tested properly and we the consumers are now Aqua Computer's test bed. In terms of the solutions provided to us to fix the parasitic capacitance problem in these forums are highly unacceptable to me so far. We basically entered an agreement with Aqua Computer when we purchased their product stating we agree to give you X amount of money in return Aqua Computer should agree to provide us with a functional product that they marketed to us. I don't remember the marketing of the Aquaero 5 XT stating that I need file down my computer case or that I have to ghetto rig my computer with a piece of paper under the unit just to potentially fix a problem that Aqua Computer failed to test before releasing the unit to the masses. Most of us who purchase this product are proud of how our systems function and how they look appearance wise. We bought this product because aesthetically and functionally it fit the demands of our high standards as computer enthusiasts. Unfortunately, it can't even retain the date and time if we power down our system completely. We should not have to shove a piece of paper into our computer for any product, and we should not have to turn the sensitivity down all the way to where the keys are unusable, especially for the price Aqua Computer wants for the XT.

Yes I am a frustrated user, but I still have faith that Aqua Computer will do the right thing and somehow make all of us happy as consumers of their products. I too am hoping Aqua Computer will make me proud that I brought their product.

Aqua Computer I have seen your products on million dollar PC please keep up with that standard :)

RE: Aquaero 5 installed

Donnerstag, 19. Mai 2011, 09:28

Once I realised I had them the wrong way around I changed the names so they were correct and tried to alter the data source of the log configuration but it will not let me switch to the new "Radiator out". When I select it the unit lets out a "Key tone" but the radio button doesn't change. I can change the data source to any of the other sensors I have in the system but not this one. Is there something I am missing to get this to work correctly?
The problem is that the sensor which you want to us is already assigned to another data log. You can not use the same sensor for several data logs at the same time. I also see no reason to switch that because in the end you would not change anything - you would only swap them each other but in the end you still have the same.

zoomee

Freitag, 20. Mai 2011, 12:40

Its still early days yet guys - give AC a chance!

Aquasuite is due out today along with a new firmware (i think) - this may help address some issues.

Regards to sticking a paper and modding a case - I have no issues there - EACH and every single case on the market isn't perfectly aligned so discrepancies will occur.

Hopefully future firmware updates and the actual Aquasuite 2012 software will help make using and configuring it easier :thumbsup:

Samstag, 21. Mai 2011, 10:16

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Shoggy - I can't believe I missed that. Data log 3 was reading from that sensor. It will change things of course, this way the sensor are labelled correctly and the chart is of the reading I am interested in.

Vtran - Thanks I never would have looked at the screen not being connected - I am worried about how that happened - when I came to reconnect everything the board had moved back about 5mm away from where it needed to be. Somehow the screws must have been loose and allowed the board to move when I was installing it. Thanks for pointing it out. I agree with everything you said - I just hope they do sort these issues out quickly. The new firmware seems to have helped the temperatures (or rather the frequency of the fan surges - once every 15 minutes now the fans go to 100%) slightly but I'm still seeing the keys activating all the time - although it seems to be only the down key now (with the sensitivity set to 1) - I might just leave the keys disconnected so at least I don't have the screens flicking through constantly.

Zoomee - I can agree it's early days but I don't believe these issues are ones that should be occurring after release, both the temperature of the power management chips and the keys not functioning should have been spotted and rectified during testing - essentially the product I paid a large sum for had 2 major bugs and 2 weeks after I had the product it has now been (kind of) fixed. Minor bugs such as the time/profiles not saving or even not having the software I could live with until a firmware update but the above major issues must have been spotted during testing and it means the decision was made to release it with these bugs. As I said it my first post I don't believe this was wise and as I also said the actual unit I find very impressive but this whole thing has disappointed me with with my first product from Aquacomputer. I just hope that this disappointment will be short-lived as the firmware is upgraded.