• 20.04.2024, 02:46
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

bla2222

Fan-controlling/temp sensor with Aquastream XT

Donnerstag, 16. Juni 2011, 14:33

Hi!
Currently I'm running a Aquaduct 360. I'm looking into a new build, and I'm thinking about moving all components internal this time. I've (almost) settled on the Aquastream XT ultra pump, especially since I'm looking for a low-noise/silent computer. Hopfully I'll be able to cool an Intel i7 2600K and an AMD 6990 gfx-card with this setup.

I'm planning to use a Corsair 600T case with a XSPC (120x240x35) radiator on top and a Phobya Extreme 200 (245x200x36) radiator in front. These radiators will in turn be served by the following fans:

2x SilenX iXtrema PRO on top radiator and 1x at the back. Each fan draws 1,92W
1x Coolermaster Megaflow 200mm which draws 3,36W
That'll be a total of 9,12W.

I'm looking into using the pump itself as a fan controller through the configuration software. Now, I know that the fan output shouldn't exceed 5W. Is there any way around that, increaseing the power output somehow?

I would also like the pump to be able to speed up the fans when temperatures are high? As the pump only has one temp input, where is the best place to measure? Should I buy an inline water temp sensor, and where is the best place in the loop to put such a thing? Should I use more sensors?

The Corsair case itself has a manual fan controlling knob. Will I be better off just connecting either the 1x200mm og 2x120mm to the Aquastream pump for automatic control, and manually set the other fans?

Bottom line, I'm looking for the easiest way of automatically controlling the fans according to the heat produced. Any tips would be highly appreciated, thanks!

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »bla2222« (16. Juni 2011, 14:35)

RE: Fan-controlling/temp sensor with Aquastream XT

Donnerstag, 16. Juni 2011, 14:40

Hi!
Currently I'm running a Aquaduct 360. I'm looking into a new build, and I'm thinking about moving all components internal this time. I've (almost) settled on the Aquastream XT ultra pump, especially since I'm looking for a low-noise/silent computer. Hopfully I'll be able to cool an Intel i7 2600K and an AMD 6990 gfx-card with this setup.

I'm planning to use a Corsair 600T case with a XSPC (120x240x35) radiator on top and a Phobya Extreme 200 (245x200x36) radiator in front. These radiators will in turn be served by the following fans:

2x SilenX iXtrema PRO on top radiator and 1x at the back. Each fan draws 1,92W
1x Coolermaster Megaflow 200mm which draws 3,36W
That'll be a total of 9,12W.

I'm looking into using the pump itself as a fan controller through the configuration software. Now, I know that the fan output shouldn't exceed 5W. Is there any way around that, increaseing the power output somehow?

I would also like the pump to be able to speed up the fans when temperatures are high? As the pump only has one temp input, where is the best place to measure? Should I buy an inline water temp sensor, and where is the best place in the loop to put such a thing? Should I use more sensors?

The Corsair case itself has a manual fan controlling knob. Will I be better off just connecting either the 1x200mm og 2x120mm to the Aquastream pump for automatic control, and manually set the other fans?

Bottom line, I'm looking for the easiest way of automatically controlling the fans according to the heat produced. Any tips would be highly appreciated, thanks!

Easiest way is to add a single PA2 or even as many as you need to control the fans based on the Aquastreams Temp reading. The PA2 can accept the Aquastream temp signal to control the fans.
I have water temp monitors all through my loop but the best place would be close to the input of the CPU or GPU for a single sensor.
I am Intel of Borg. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

i7 3930K @5Ghz - X79 ASUS Rampage IV Extreme - 4x SLI GTX580 - 16GB DDR3-2000 - 4x GTX 360 rads 24x CM fans - Aquaero 5 XT +6 PA2 Ultras - 2 x Enermax 1500W PSU - MM Extended Ascension Case - 2 x 452x2 Res and 4 x D5 - 3 x 24" Acer H243H LCD

bla2222

Donnerstag, 16. Juni 2011, 15:12

Thanks for the quick reply. I guess what you mean by PA2 is a PowerAdjust 2, right? My german is not very good, so I have trouble figuring out how this thing is supposed to be connected, how many fans it can control etc, which version (standard/ultra).

Is it supposed to be connected between my fans and the fan-output on the pump?
How many Watts will it be able to deliver?
Will I be able to control individual fans based on different temps in the loop, or will I still only be able to connect 1 temp sensor (directly to the pump itself)?

Freitag, 17. Juni 2011, 09:38

Yeps, he is talking about the PowerAdjust2.

The pa2 can deliver 25W so more than plenty for your need, so how many to get and how to connect:

Put one Fan on the AquaStream XT Ultra (put the CoolerMaster 200 on that).

Then get one PA2 if you just want same speed on the rest, or better yet get two one for each radiator - and the pa2 standard is fine for your use.

Hook AquaStream up via USB and the two PA2's by AquaBus or USB.

If useing AquaBus, then first connect one of then via USB and change its AquaBus adress.

Then From the AquaStream's AquaBus, connect the first pa2. Then connect the second pa2 to the first pa2, and everything will show up in AquaSuite (not 2012).

You can then connect one Temp sensor on the AquaStream, and one to each pa2 if you choose the Ultra version of the pa2.

If you need more sensors than that, get a AquaAero insted of two pa2's. That will be able to control your pump, all the fans (it has four fan outputs).

Hope this helps?

bla2222

Samstag, 18. Juni 2011, 12:06

Thanks for taking the time to answer. I'm looking into some new options now, as I have chosen to go with a Swiftech MCP655 pump instead. But I'm still in need of some sort of automatic fan control. I do have some question regarding the Aquaero, but I'll post them in a seperate thread to keep things organized.