• 16.04.2024, 13:17
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

XNine

A little Frustrated... Need help for LCDHype in English

Mittwoch, 29. Juni 2011, 08:44

Hello,

LCDHype's main forum is in German, Google Translate doesn't help much.
Essentially, I want to build a Screen that has The name of my Computer at the top left, The Time (12 hour with AM/PM)/Date below it. I would also like the media plugin but not sure if there's one for iTunes or Zune players... I think possibly it's just for Winamp?

As well, how do I get the Aquaero 5 to use the time of "12:XX?" Instead of "12" it is showing "0." So it looks like "0:38"

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Mittwoch, 29. Juni 2011, 09:18

if the demo script is running, look at:
http://lcdhype.condense.de/
there you fin all informations you need to setup lcdhype.

Freitag, 1. Juli 2011, 09:25

There is an english sub-forum for LCD Hype on http://lcdhype.condense.de/ about halfway down the main page, link => http://lcdhype.condense.de/index.php?s=e…a37288046b0&c=3 (not sure if the link will work for you)

Make sure you have MS Visual C++ installed on your PC so that you can select the aquaero LCD driver in LCDhype. Sebastion has a link to this in the thread
LcdHype für das aquaero 5
The link is in post #20. Google translate the page if you want to read the posts.

There doesn't seem to be a plugin developed for Itunes or Zune, I use the winamp plugin..
To get this working, make sure you copy the winamp plugin from the lcd hype install directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\LCDHype\stuff\winamp\vis_waspec.dll) to C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp\Plugins\vis_waspec.dll
Then in winamp select "Winamp data collector v 0.4.1" as the visualisation plugin and start it. Winamp information can then be called in a script as desired (eg track title/time info).

Scripting in LCD Hype is pretty simple once you get used to the programming language. There are examples/samples on the LCD hype forum under the gLCDs sub forum, IMHO the best way to learn how to write a LCDhype script is by copying parts of these existing ones and changing them until you are happy with the results.

Outside of LCDhype, to get the time to display as "12:34am" you would just change the date/time format setting on the aquaero itself to 12 hour in the menu under Main Menu/System/Time and Date/Time Format/12h format.

XNine

Freitag, 1. Juli 2011, 18:21

Snippy

C00k1e,

Thank you so much for your response. I wish I had some aquadrops I could send your way. I'd give you a hundred!

LCDHype is working and does see the A5 in the LCD selection screen. So C++ seems to already be installed... I just wish there was better tutorials and what not out there (not necessarily here, but anywhere) for working with LCDHype.

Again, thank you! :thumbsup:

Samstag, 2. Juli 2011, 15:47

Had some drops to spare, so sent some for you ;-)

XNine

Sonntag, 3. Juli 2011, 09:05

Had some drops to spare, so sent some for you ;-)
:love: :love: :love: That's very kind of you! Thank you! :)