• 19.04.2024, 10:43
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

tubemeter in aquatube with flush tube

Mittwoch, 6. Juli 2011, 03:21

The tubemeter manual says that the warranty does not cover the LED if it is submerged in water. Mounted horizontally with a flush tube, this can be hard to avoid. How likely will problems occur in this situation?

Thanks.

Mittwoch, 6. Juli 2011, 13:00

Very unlikely but not completely impossible.

Mittwoch, 6. Juli 2011, 16:29

The manual also refers to 2% ACliquid solution. What is ACfluid and is it REALLY needed? Also is the a small or large performance penalty when mounted parallel to the water surface? Manual says it works best when mounted perpendicular to the surface.

Mittwoch, 6. Juli 2011, 17:01

We do not sell ACFluid anymore. Its successor is DP Ultra (a ready to use coolant). You can also use it without as long as you do not have mixed metals in your loop but anyway it is not recommend.

I'm not quite sure what you mean with "mounted parallel to the water surface"?! The sensor surface can only detect an accurate fill level when it is mounted vertically into the water.

Mittwoch, 6. Juli 2011, 18:32

When the aquatube is mounted horizontally with a flush jet also mounted horizontally in the center, the tubemeter can't be mounted vertically (perpendicular to the water surface) without bending it a little. Bending it just makes me cringe. :S

If I remember correctly though, the YouTube demo for the aquaero also shows a tubemeter mounted in a slanted position with a aquajet. It appeared to be bent as well.

Maybe I should just forgo the aquajet?

Phos

Freitag, 8. Juli 2011, 08:55

If you have the aquatube in the 5.25 bays, can't you just look at the water level?

And are you talking about the video for the Aquaero 4? That aquatube doesn't appear to have a flush tube.