• 19.04.2024, 08:12
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Aquaero control via cpu temp

Sonntag, 20. Dezember 2009, 04:37

Is there any way use the motherboard CPU temp as an input to Aquaero?

Either via hardware, or software. I'd just like to vary my fan speeds based on the cpu temp, which changes very fast, rather then the current method of water temps, which takes a long time to change the temp of the water. And also the water temp will vary with ambient temps, which makes you need multiple profiles to keep your computer how you want it (for winter, summer, ect).

It would be really cool if it could take temps from Core Temp, or directly from the motherboard.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Diverge« (20. Dezember 2009, 04:40)

Montag, 21. Dezember 2009, 22:51

That is not possible and also would not make any sense at all. As you already mentioned the CPU temperare changes very quick and this makes it impossible to use it for fan control. Let's say you start a large program and the CPU is at heavy load for a few seconds. Speeding up the fans for this matter is worthless because the most important thing is your water temperature - the medium which cools your hardware. It will not change at all in this case so it is not necessary to speed up the fans.

If you would do it anyway the fans will go up and down all the time which would be very annoying ;) And in the end it would also have no real effect on your cooling performance.

Dienstag, 22. Dezember 2009, 04:59

you make a good point!

Okay, how about a temp probe delta?

I have a few different temps probes in my loop hooked to the aquaero.
A) 1 for water temp
B) 1 for air temp coming out of the rad
C) 1 for intake air temp

Right now, i have my fans changing their rpms by temp sensor A. But the problem is if the ambient temp is different from time to time, it messes up you fan speed profiles.

If I could take a delta between sensors A and C or B and C, i could setup my fans so they only switch on when there is a load and the delta has increased a certain amount. And ambient temp would no longer affect fan speeds :)

Is there any way to do this, or any way to add it in a future build of the software?

Mittwoch, 23. Dezember 2009, 09:46

Delta difference not dooable with the current hardware, IIRC. :D

My Aquaero is set up so that it only looks at the water temps. I do have an ambient temp sensor, but it is only used for a reference point in discussing my current operating parameters. When my Aquaero comes on the fans run through their high speed cycle and then totally shut down (zero RPM) till a preset temp is reached upon which the fans start to come on. While I can cool much better with a 360 at 2,000 RPM's, it doesn't seem to make any difference in the ability to OC my box.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Top_Nurse« (23. Dezember 2009, 09:52)

Mittwoch, 23. Dezember 2009, 15:08

see here http://www.samurize.com/modules/mydownlo…ewcat.php?cid=6 the soft is "[b]a plugin for aquaero (monitor watercooling) AND core 2 duo temp"[/b] aqualite. You can use it without samurize. It take air ambiant temp from aquaero and profile the fan to aquaero. The important value is delta air/water temp you hope and the delta min max water temp you hope.