• 25.04.2024, 04:03
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

New Aquaero 5 advice

Donnerstag, 8. Dezember 2011, 19:36

Hi am an new to Aquaero and am unsure about the exact parts to buy, could someone please help?

here is my current plan

1 Aquacomputer Aquaero 5 XT
1 Aquastream XT Ultra
1 Flow meter inc flow cable
12 inline water sensors
4 general sesnors
1 RGB LED
6 fans under control
1 Aquaero water block

1) not sure about what the aquaero power connect - 24 pin ATX standby power / ATX break does, I assume it provides power to the Aquaero when the computer is powered off, but plugged in, but does it get the power to run everything (like fans and pumps)?

2) What excalty does the "Temperature sensor plug & cool for aquaero, aquastream XT and aquaduct" do?

3) I believe their are not enough tempreture inputs, I might not end up with quite that many but what extra device (and connecting cable) would I need to connect this many?

4) As a more general question, relating to the number of water sensors, how much does the water temp vary along the loop (I am currently thinking of having one between each device), and how much do they affect the flow rate?

5) Do I need any extra cables for the pump, or will it come with any need cables

6) Any general comments?

Thanks

wramey

Donnerstag, 8. Dezember 2011, 20:29

As a new user of Aquaero Computer products, I think that I can properly answer question three.

The A5 XT has a total capacity of eight temperature sensory inputs of any combination. If you need additional temperature sensors, you will need to purchase a PowerAdjust 2 (henceforth, PA2) for each additional temperature sensory input desired. NOTE: each PA2 has ONLY one temperature sensor input. Since the A5 XT can be connected to a total of six PA2s (at this time), only fourteen temperature sensors are possible (AT 5 = 8 temperature sensors + six PA2s x 1 temperature sensor = 14).

I have the A5 XT and three PA2s. Thus, I have the capacity for eleven temperature sensors, of which I only use ten of the temperature inputs. I placed seven in-line temperature sensors in my loop automatically to control the corresponding fans on the radiators (via curve control). As the temperature rises, the appropriate fans increase in speed. Of course, as the water temperature cools, the fans spin slower.

I also have four general temperature sensors installed. One of these general temperature sensors is strategically placed between my Corsair 24 GB memory. As the temperature increases, the fan speed also increases to cool the memory. As the temperature cools between the memory, the fans spin slower. Ingenious!

I also have the aquaero power connect - 24 pin ATX standby power / ATX break. You will also need the Aqua Computer Plug for relay connector (3 contacts) in order to use the ATX Break + relay which maintains power to the A5 XT while the computer is off. Yes, power is maintained to the A5 XT while power is off, as long as you did not unplug or turn off the power switch on the PU.

I also use the flow sensor high flow G1/4 in my system, as well as the Aqua Computer tubemeter. Everything works well.

BEWARE: If you buy the flow sensor, you will need to purchase separately the connection cable. The connection cable comes with the tubemeter.
BEWARE: If you buy the tubemeter, the threads are G1/8 and not G1/4. You will need to purchase separately a a G1/8 to G1/4 fitting reducer.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 4 mal editiert, zuletzt von »wramey« (8. Dezember 2011, 20:42)

DayRider

CaseLabs TH10A (Black) + Pedestal
2x Corsiar 1200i PSU (w/ mini-Commander Link)
Asus Ramage V MOBO
i7-5960X, 3 GHz, L3 20 MB, TDP 140 Watt, 8-core, Hyper-Threading
16GB Ballistix Sport DDR4 2 2.4GHz
2x GeForce GTX Titans
4x Samsung 850 Pro 1 TB SSD Drives
AC6 Pro, 2x PA3 Ultra, Flow and Tube Meters, 1x Farbwerk
2x Aquacomputer D5 pumps with USB
5x OCOOL Radiators + 53 PWM fans
2x ViewSonic V3D245 26inch Monitors

Donnerstag, 8. Dezember 2011, 20:41

thanks wramey, do you notice much different between the water temp sensors in the loop?

I was hoping to get aquaero 5 LT, and use its inputs and connect them via some cable, not entire sure this is possible though, as getting Power adjusts just for their temp input would get pretty expensive.

Also does anyone have experience of powering CCFLs from an aquaero?

wramey

Donnerstag, 8. Dezember 2011, 20:55

"do you notice much different between the water temp sensors in the loop"

I have three rads for my MOSET and CPU (Intel i7 975 Extreme) of which water flows out to three more rads for the 2 x EVGA 590 GPUs. Under heavy usage (video editing for hours), the answer is no, I do NOT see much temperature difference. However, under light use, such as when I use MS Word to compose technical articles, at best I experience about 8C - 10C difference.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »wramey« (8. Dezember 2011, 21:02)

DayRider

Asus Ramage V MOBO
2x GeForce GTX Titans

wramey

Donnerstag, 8. Dezember 2011, 21:30

"I was hoping to get aquaero 5 LT, and use its inputs and connect them via some cable, not entire sure this is possible though, as getting Power adjusts just for their temp input would get pretty expensive."

I certainly use my PA2s for more than temperature sensory inputs. I purchased them to control my fans. I did not want to gang too many fans on any one power output, and thus increase the temperature when the fans are spinning slower (via curve control). I do not have more than four fans being powered by any single output. Of course, one may, but I chose not to do it.
DayRider

Asus Ramage V MOBO
2x GeForce GTX Titans

Donnerstag, 8. Dezember 2011, 22:02

Thanks for your answer about the water temps information, I think I might reduce the number of sensors a bit, but think I might still want more the the XT has, the pump of course has one extra.

However I would still like to know if you can connect multiple XTs to each other, or can the Aquasuite cope with multiple XTs connected?

wramey

Donnerstag, 8. Dezember 2011, 22:56

At this time, only one A5 XT may be connected to a single motherboard via the USB cable between the motherboard and A5 XT, and up to six PAs may be connected to the A5 XT by daisy chaining one PA to the next, or by Y-cables.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »wramey« (9. Dezember 2011, 19:48)

DayRider

Asus Ramage V MOBO
2x GeForce GTX Titans

Freitag, 9. Dezember 2011, 20:00

How do the power adjusts connect to the aquero, I would iamge you have to chain them together, but do you need to buy extra cables?

wramey

Freitag, 9. Dezember 2011, 23:51

The required cable comes with each PA2.
DayRider

Asus Ramage V MOBO
2x GeForce GTX Titans