• 18.04.2024, 05:25
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Just want to ask a few questions.

Freitag, 7. September 2012, 05:22

Okay so I have tried to do my research but not alot of information on the Aquaero in English.

Here is what I was wanting to do.

Run two Laing D5 pumps, but since they are a similar price to the Aqua computer ones, run two of these and monitor them. I know that running these off the Aquaero XT is pushing it so I was going to get two PA2 to run them. I think that you daisy chain the two (or three) PA2s Aquabuses together then the end can connect to the Aquaero Aquabus and the other end can take both the pumps connected through a Y splitter. Is that all right and sensible? If I use the Aquabus connections for the pumps do I need to bother with the tacho and temp sensor that are also possible with these pumps? Or does the Aquabus take this information?

I was also going to run 9x120 mm fans and 5x140 mm fans from the Aquaero but would it be better to get the Multiswitch to run these or will the Aquaero be able to take this many? (Also planning on running LEDs too)

Also I was going to run a reservoir with the fill level sensor and a flow meter. Now if I use the PA2s then I will only have one Aquabus left on the Aquaero, can I send both of these devices through the same Aquabus cable? (with a Y splitter) I also have the same question as before about the reservoir, do I need to connect the temp sensor also or does the Aquabus take this information?

Im sorry to ask so many questions, but want to make sure I know exactly what I need before I spent this sort of money.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Ludo« (7. September 2012, 05:24)

Freitag, 7. September 2012, 06:56

Hi Ludo,
You can run a lot off the Aquaero however I would suggest using the waterblock that is available to keep the fan amp temps under control. Using the waterblock, I have run 2xD5s and 8x140mm fans off the Aquaero without any problems or overheating. I think you could run even more but just check the power rating of your fans to make sure you won't be exceeding the Aquaero's wattage per channel. There is a review of the Aquaero here http://martinsliquidlab.org/2011/12/20/a…view-guide-wip/ that tests how far you can push the device with fans and pumps attached and you can get a good idea of what can be achieved.

I think the new AC D5s were designed to be run directly off the PSU and controlled/monitored via the aquabus in order to reduce the pump's heat output. The speed is controlled via the aquabus rather than through a voltage regulator. I've ordered a couple but haven't received them yet so I can't tell you much from experience.

The PA2s can be daisy chained and I've read elsewhere on this forum that you can use a splitter to give you more aquabus connections.

Hope this helps a little.

Freitag, 7. September 2012, 07:20

Thanks for the reply.

I did see that review and had a look through it, was worried that he blew the device up at the end though.

With just my 9x120 mm fans they would use 13 watts, then add the 5x140 mm (not decided a make yet), but the watt per channel is 19.8 watt so with 4 fan channels I should be fine without anything else then. As you suggests make sure I get the waterblock to keep the temps down.

But I never thought of running the power for the pumps from the PSU, completely slipped my mind, got too involved in learning about this device. But that saves me power requirements for them at least.

That just leaves the aquabuses then for monitoring. I read that part about the using a splitter on here but I think it was for the same device, so wasnt sure if you can do it with two completely different ones.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Ludo« (7. September 2012, 07:21)

Freitag, 7. September 2012, 07:37

Also, you can run the LEDs from the 2 power outputs on the Aquaero but you will need 2 of these connectors: http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info…roducts_id=1629

If the splitters don't allow two different types of device then perhaps one of thse could help? http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info…roducts_id=2892 It seems to have 2xhigh speed aquabus on board but ultimately it would be better to know if two types of device can be attached via splitter cables ... (ie) less expensive

Freitag, 7. September 2012, 07:41

This thread seems to suggest that you can link various devices together on the aquabus ...

Freitag, 7. September 2012, 08:23

Ah yes, so thats good.

Thank you for your help.

One final question, if I use the Aquabus on say the D5 pump, do I also need to use the temp and tacho setting or does the Aquabus transfer this information?

Freitag, 7. September 2012, 08:54

The aquabus will transfer the rpm of the pump. The temp connector is for a sensor so I imagine the aquabus will also transfer that information. The tacho connector is probably the same as the tacho connector on the aquaero, so it can be used when configuring alarms. I don't think it has anything to do with the pump rpm, its just a signal that can be activated/deactivated and used as a trigger when alarm conditions are met.

Mittwoch, 12. September 2012, 05:22

Actually, the Tacho connector is an output signal that can be set through AS2012 to give actual RPM, a fixed value or to switch off in case of an alarm condition. It is intended to be connected to a Motherboard Fan header. This will allow BIOS to shut down the PC if tacho signal goes away, such as an alarm condition.
I use the Tacho connector from the AQ5 to the CPU fan header, and I will shortly be useing the AQ D5 pump tacho to the Case fan header connections on the Motherboard.
AMD FX-8150 OctoCore O.C. 18% to 4.2 GHz on ASUS M5A99X EVO with 16 GB Corsair Dominator W. C. RAM, 2 nVIDIA Geforce 560TI W.C. in SLI, six Western Digital drives for a total of 4.07 TBytes, AquaComputer Aquero 5 Pro, AquaComputer D5 pump, Multiswitch USB, tubemeter and Kyros CPU block. Two coolant loops,CPU & SLI, MB, RAM and AQ5, with two flow meters. Running Windows 7 Professional 64, and using Open Hardware Monitor v0.5.1Beta Aquasuite B16 hardware temps.