• 27.04.2024, 19:24
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

tpb211

Need help in figuring out number of power adjust's to add to my aquaero 5 xt or ??

Samstag, 3. November 2012, 22:29

Greetings,
I currently have 1 Aqaero 5 XT with waterblock and 3 Poweradjust2 Ultra's.
The build I am working on today is fairly complex. The case is a Caselabs Magnum STH10
I am using radiators from HW Labs GTX line, they are:
(2) 560 (4x140mm) (8 fans each)
(1) 480 (4x120mm) (8 fans)
(1) 360 (3x120mm) (6 fans)
(1) 240 (2x120mm) (4 fans)
Fans for the radiators are:
(16.) Noiseblocker NB-BlackSilentPro PK-3 140mm x 25mm Ultra Quiet Fan - 1700 RPM
(18.) Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-4 120mmx25mm Ultra Silent Bionic Blade Fan - 2400 RPM
Total Radiator fans = 34
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pumps
(2) Swiftech Extreme MCP35X2 Dual pumps (Basically 4 35X pumps)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fan information:
NB 120mm eLoop 2400rpm
start voltage 3.3v
Input Power 3.84 Watts
Input Current .32 Amp
-----------------------------------------------------------
NB 140mmm PK3 1700rpm
start voltage 4.5v
Input power 2.4 watts
Input current .2a max
--------------------------------------------------------------
I am wondering if a single power adjust can support 8 fans with the specs listed above.
Finally I would like to display each of my 4 pumps rpm data on the aquaero 5 XT. As it only has 1 pwm input on ch 4 is it possible to somehow add another pwm input to the aquaero via a daisychaining a aquaero 5 LT? or would I need to purchase another aquaero 5 XT?
Many thanks for all your help
***Edit***
Example of what I am wondering is feasible:
Aquaero 5XT
Ch.1 MCP35x2 Pump 1 RPM
Ch.2 MCP35x2 Pump 2 RPM
Ch.3 MCP35x2 Pump 3 RPM
Ch.4 MCP35x2 Pump 4 RPM with PWM features of all 4 pumps parellel'd
-----------------------------------------
PA2: 8 140mm fans
1.6a current draw
19.2 watt power draw
--------------------------------------------
PA3: 8 120mm Fans
2.56a current draw
30.72 watt power draw
---------------------------------------------
PA4: 6 120mm Fans
1.92a current draw
23.04 watt power draw
-----------------------------------------------
PA5: 4 120mm Fans
1.28a current draw
15.36 watt power draw

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »tpb211« (4. November 2012, 01:22)

Sonntag, 4. November 2012, 01:39

First, One PA2 can easily handle all 8 fans.

Second, the PWM signal is used to control the pump speed when the pump is powered from 12vdc from the computer PSU. It is not RPM output. The pump can be controlled by adjusting the input voltage instead of PWM. The RPM signal is independent of either speed control method.

In actual operation, I would sugest getting an Aquaero 5 LT instead of four more PA2s. The LT can be used as a 'slave' device for the AQ5 XT/PRO with the next software release, and is supposed to be equal to 4 PA2,s just half the power and much less cost.

To put 4 MCP 35X pumps on one Aquaero, you MUST have a water block. Do not use Fan channel 4 in PWM mode. You dont need it because the power for the pumps will come from the AQ5, and the AQ5 can vary the voltage to control the pump speed, and the pump RPM will be detected by the AQ5 just like a fan reports RPM.

Personaly, I would run each pair of pumps from a PA2, just connect them with a Y cable. Unfortunatly, you will have to use a y cable that only reports the RPM from one pump if you dont want conflicting RPM signals. However, the PA2 is able to deliver almost twice the power of the AQ5, and can be placed anywhere in the case that has air flow.

If the PA2s are used for the pumps, only an Aquaero 5 LT is necessary to control all eight groups of fans.
AMD FX-8150 OctoCore O.C. 18% to 4.2 GHz on ASUS M5A99X EVO with 16 GB Corsair Dominator W. C. RAM, 2 nVIDIA Geforce 560TI W.C. in SLI, six Western Digital drives for a total of 4.07 TBytes, AquaComputer Aquero 5 Pro, AquaComputer D5 pump, Multiswitch USB, tubemeter and Kyros CPU block. Two coolant loops,CPU & SLI, MB, RAM and AQ5, with two flow meters. Running Windows 7 Professional 64, and using Open Hardware Monitor v0.5.1Beta Aquasuite B16 hardware temps.

tpb211

Sonntag, 4. November 2012, 19:06

Thanks for the reply Larry,
I was worried about pulling 2.56amps, 30.72 watts off a single Poweradjust. If you say it can handle it with no problems I will not worry :)
1.) Do you know if the Poweradjust's heat up as much as the fan channels on the 5XT? Hoping the large heatsink on the PA2 is enough to dissipate the heat this load generates.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2.) I do have a waterblock on the AQ5, presently i'm powering the 4 MCP 35x's off the power supply and would like to control their PWM functions from ch.4 of the 5XT. I believe I can send 3 of the pumps rpm data to fan headers on the motherboard and then collect that data as software sensors, while sending the 4th's pumps rpm data to ch.4 for PWM control.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »tpb211« (4. November 2012, 22:31)