• 27.04.2024, 16:19
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

What's on my Aquacomputer temp. sensor?

Montag, 26. November 2012, 21:50

I just took my loop apart and this is what one of my AC temp. sensors looked like. I took some pictures with it side by side a new sensor. I tried a little alcohol to clean the threads but it didn't have any effect.

All I'm running in the loop is distilled and Nuke-PHN (not the copper one). No silver coil or aluminum.

Any idea what the heck I'm looking at?

UPDATE: Since the alcohol didn't work I took a razor blade to the brown looking material and to my complete surprise I'm able to scratch some of it off and underneath I can see the nickle plating. I'm still confused though.

Thanks.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Psychor« (26. November 2012, 22:03)

Dienstag, 27. November 2012, 01:36

Whoa - makes me want to see what gunk/corrosion i have going on in there. If it scraped off and the metal is intact - may be a good sign. It looks like some sort of leechable organic residue, maybe from plactics in the loop? but thats alot of stuff collecting there.
AsRock E3Gen3, 2700k @4.6 with cuplex HF, 2 HD7970s with aquaC waterblocks, 16G GSkill 2133, TJ09, ST1500 ps, plextor 256 ssd, 2x1TB WD VRs raid 1, HP 30 inch. Aquacomputer 720XT Mk IV.

Dienstag, 27. November 2012, 13:16

Seems to be some sediments. It is strange that you can scratch it away and see the nickel surface again.

Where were these sensor mounted (material)?

Very unlikely but also possible: if the internal sensor is damaged and not covered by the foil anymore, there could be an electric current floating through this part which could cause problems like that.

Mittwoch, 28. November 2012, 17:17

Seems to be some sediments. It is strange that you can scratch it away and see the nickel surface again.

Where were these sensor mounted (material)?

Very unlikely but also possible: if the internal sensor is damaged and not covered by the foil anymore, there could be an electric current floating through this part which could cause problems like that.
They were each mounted between fittings (nickle plated brass). I had one at the IN and OUT port of an Aquacomputer Airplex Modularity copper rad.

What's strongest cleaner I can use on these without damaging the nickle? I was thinking of trying a wire brush but I don't want to damage the plating.

Donnerstag, 29. November 2012, 14:51

You could try one of those white kitchen sponge looking things, there are generic ones like Wal*Mart "Miracle cleaning eraser", and I think there is a Mr. Clean version. They are not really abrasive but with some elbow grease they do a pretty fair job of cleaning without scratching. Just use some water or maybe a little dish soapy-water on the sponge.

Freitag, 30. November 2012, 03:03

Be aware that there are some types of metal corrosion that can actually be a benifit to the system by isolating some metals from the water. If the film is very difficult to remove and not flaking off, I would not worry about it unless it shows up inside the cooling blocks and is restricting flows
The first thing I would do is get some pH test strips from a fish tank or pool store and test the water inside your system. (I know, a little late this time, but maybe you can still find a little bit in the radiators?) A pure/distilled water system should be slightly basic, pH higher than 7, to minimize corrosion of metals.
It might be some form of Copper oxide which gets deposited to the nickle through some kind of electrolitic reaction.
Yes, corrosion (rust) depositis do affect temperature change response time, but the effect is not measurable or applicable in our application. Organic deposits, (soft sludge/mold/slime), on the other hand are very bad. They do restrict flow through small channels in cold plates and can block/reduce flow.
Bottom line: If you have to remove it with a razor blade, and the threads/wet surfaces are not pitted, don't worry too much about it. Just remember to look at it again in six months or so.
AMD FX-8150 OctoCore O.C. 18% to 4.2 GHz on ASUS M5A99X EVO with 16 GB Corsair Dominator W. C. RAM, 2 nVIDIA Geforce 560TI W.C. in SLI, six Western Digital drives for a total of 4.07 TBytes, AquaComputer Aquero 5 Pro, AquaComputer D5 pump, Multiswitch USB, tubemeter and Kyros CPU block. Two coolant loops,CPU & SLI, MB, RAM and AQ5, with two flow meters. Running Windows 7 Professional 64, and using Open Hardware Monitor v0.5.1Beta Aquasuite B16 hardware temps.