• 13.05.2024, 20:32
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

dxb750

HELP: Aquaeor 5 Relay & power + Reset switch ?

Samstag, 1. Dezember 2012, 04:10

I have 2 switch on my case power and reset, but I'm not sure how I can connect the wires to the relay? so I can powering the PC up/down, standby and reset by aquaremote or emergency shutdown the PC?

I'm already connecting the USB between Aquaeor and Motherboard..

»dxb750« hat folgendes Bild angehängt:
  • Untitled-1.jpg

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »dxb750« (1. Dezember 2012, 11:07)

dxb750

Samstag, 1. Dezember 2012, 11:04

Is this correct?

• Untitled-1.jpg

dxb750

Montag, 3. Dezember 2012, 05:22

:?: :?: :!:

Pilo

Montag, 3. Dezember 2012, 07:23

Try to think about it. Why do you think, there's ONE Power switch and ONE Reset switch...that makes TWO independent switches. If we use your logic there's the need for only ONE switch to operate both functions separately, but that's not possible. When you connect both functions 'reset' and 'power on' to ONE relay it's the same 'in green'. Both functions would interfere with each other.
->Darin Epsilon - PERSPECTIVES<-
Mr. SuicideSheep @ soundcloud.com
Test Shot Starfish @ soundcloud.com
Professor Kliq @ soundcloud.com

Montag, 3. Dezember 2012, 08:00

You cant connect Power and Reset.

dxb750

Montag, 3. Dezember 2012, 08:45

So can not connect the two functions together..
Without connect the wires "Reset Switch" to the "Relay" Is the rest of the connections are correct? Rely Pin 1 & 3 > Power Switch Line out & Line in
I will be connected wires directly to Mainboard pins (Relay>Switch>Mainboard) without the ATX break: 53047 .. And I want to use two switches because there are two holes switches in my case and I do not want to keep one of them is empty!

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »dxb750« (3. Dezember 2012, 09:53)

dxb750

Montag, 3. Dezember 2012, 11:07

this way right?

• Untitled-1.jpg

Pilo

Montag, 3. Dezember 2012, 23:49

I would favour that.

dxb750

Dienstag, 4. Dezember 2012, 13:24

Thank U Pilo,

About relay pin 1&2 or 3&1 if will be direct connection to the power button?

http://hw-lab.com/aquaero-5-xt-review.html/7
  • atx-connect-scheme1.png

Pilo

Dienstag, 4. Dezember 2012, 15:48

You can look into the Aquaero 5 manual chapter 4.12. Connector Relay.

Pin 1: normally open
Pin 2: normally connected
Pin 3: common connector

If you use Pin 1 and 3 you have an open connection witch will be closed when the relay triggers. Useful for operation as a power switch.
If you have the pin 16 cable of the Aquaero ATX connector connected to the pins 2 and 3 of the relay the connection is closed as long the relay doesn't trigger. When the relay triggers it opens the connection between Pin 2 and 3 of the relay and also the cable connection of the pin 16 of the ATX connector between PSU and Motherboard is cut off. The result is an instant shut down of the PSU.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Pilo« (5. Dezember 2012, 00:33)

Dienstag, 4. Dezember 2012, 19:12

what type of pins and connectors do you use for the relay switch on the aquaero?

dxb750

Dienstag, 4. Dezember 2012, 19:50

You can look into the Aquaero 5 manual chapter 4.12. Connector Relay.

Pin 1: normally open
Pin 2: normally connected
Pin 3: common connector

If you use Pin 1 and 3 you have an open connection witch will be closed when the relay triggers. Useful for operation as a power switch.
If you have the pin 16 cable of the Aquaero ATX connector connected to the pins 2 and 3 of the relay the connection is closed as long the relay triggers. When the relay triggers it opens the connection between Pin 2 and 3 of the relay and also the cable connection of the pin 16 of the ATX connector between PSU and Motherboard is cut off. The result is an instant shut down of the PSU.
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

dxb750

Dienstag, 4. Dezember 2012, 19:52

what type of pins and connectors do you use for the relay switch on the aquaero?
http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info.php?products_id=2665
  • 53080.jpg

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »dxb750« (4. Dezember 2012, 19:54)

Dienstag, 4. Dezember 2012, 19:57

http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info.php?products_id=2665

Thanks. How do you attach wires to it? Do you crimp pins on to the end of wires, and if so, what kind of pins? Or are those screws on top for attaching wire directly to this connector?

Mittwoch, 5. Dezember 2012, 09:09

There are screws to fix the cables directly inside the plug.

Mittwoch, 5. Dezember 2012, 12:27

If wired so that the relay makes the break to pin 16 on the psu, (turning it off) what is the 5v standby needed for? Is that connected to the 5v standby pins on the Aquaero?

EDIT: Is the standby power needed to switch the relay back to it's previous state when the system is restarted??

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »mandrix« (5. Dezember 2012, 13:17)

dxb750

Donnerstag, 6. Dezember 2012, 20:33

Zitat

Originally Posted by Shoggy

When you connect the relay parallel to the power button of your case you will not need the standby cable.

You would only need it when you want to use the ATX break adapter and when USB (which normally powers your aquaero when the PC is turned off) is not connected. In this case you would not be able to turn on the PC anymore when it has been turned off by the relay because when it breaks the power, also the main power of the aquaero gets interrupted and the relay is not able to switch back in its normal position. By using the standby power the relay is able to switch back so you can turn on your PC again.
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?265912-NEW-aquaero-5-series&p=4934250&viewfull=1#post4934250

Freitag, 7. Dezember 2012, 00:21

OK, as I thought.

Thanks dxb750!

Freitag, 7. Dezember 2012, 04:13

One more thing to be aware of regarding the 5v standby, is that you need it to keep the relay open if an ATX break has been triggered.

For example, I have an ATX break in place, connected to the normally closed pair of relay contacts, so that an alarm opens those contacts. If an alarm triggers, and 5v standby is not connected, the relay opens momentarily, which kills power to the aquaero, so the relay goes back to the default (closed) position and the PC resets rather than powers off.

Freitag, 7. Dezember 2012, 16:42

One more thing to be aware of regarding the 5v standby, is that you need it to keep the relay open if an ATX break has been triggered.

For example, I have an ATX break in place, connected to the normally closed pair of relay contacts, so that an alarm opens those contacts. If an alarm triggers, and 5v standby is not connected, the relay opens momentarily, which kills power to the aquaero, so the relay goes back to the default (closed) position and the PC resets rather than powers off.
Is the USB not enough to keep the Aquaero running? I don't have the 5v standby attached, but my AQ5's stay powered and running even when the computer is shut down...because of the USB. I'm interested in doing the same thing you have done with the relay. I want an alarm to trigger a shutdown on high temps. I was convinced I didn't need the 5v standby.