• 09.05.2024, 18:21
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

SNTmods

Aquaero 4 and high RPM fans, other gear from the past

Sonntag, 23. Dezember 2012, 23:41

So after many years of not having a desktop computer for my home use I have dug out my Aqua gear from storage (2006) and I found that I still have a working Aquaero 4.0, Airplex Evo 240, Aquastream 3.5 12v and the Flow Sensor with 3.3mm ID.

I have updated it to the current firmware and would love to see if the unit will properly power a pair of Gentle Typhoon AP-30 fans for the Airplex Evo 240 that Im using. I understand that the unit (without powerbooster heatsink) will handle a max of 30 watts across all 4 fan channels. With the Powerbooster that rating increases to 45 watts. The GT AP-30's have a high initial current draw at start up that will equal about 16.2 watts but the operating wattage is only 6.72. I've included the specs below for further details.

GT AP-30
Technical specifications:
Dimensions: 120x120x25mm
Nominal speed: 4250rpm
Noise emissions: 44db(A)
Airflow: 116,5 CFM = 198 m³/h
Power consumption: 6.72W
Current draw: 0.56A
Start-up current: 1.35A
Operating voltage: 12V (DC)
Operating voltage range: 10.2 to 13.8V

These fans would be mounted to the Evo 240 to cool an i7 3820 and a single GTX 670 FTW (when I get the AC 680 waterblock that fits). I know the Aquastream Rev 3.5 is ancient, according to aquasuite and the Flow Sensor it's pushing about 48 liters per hour and that's only with the Kryos HF and an original Aluminum Aquatube (mounted to the roof) in loop. Could something be wrong with the pump? I'm using the 5.6mm ID "Plug&Cool" tubing and understand how the 3.3mm ID of the flow sensor may be impacting overall flow rates. It's set to 509 impulses per second within aquasuite.

Some help please? =)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »SNTmods« (23. Dezember 2012, 23:49)

Was an early adopter of Aqua-Computer watercooling in the U.S.

SNTmods

Freitag, 28. Dezember 2012, 04:18

Bump...

Would anybody recommend boring out the 3.3mm ID hole to 5.6mm with a drill bit? =)

tpb211

Freitag, 28. Dezember 2012, 09:40

Bump...

Would anybody recommend boring out the 3.3mm ID hole to 5.6mm with a drill bit? =)

Not me!
It sounds like the calibration value you are using for your pump is the culprit, have you verified the flow rate ?
As to the fans I am cooling the same processor but went extreme overkill with high rpm fans (2400rpm eLoop noiseblockers). Lessons I have learned so far: get a waterblock on the aquaero XT if you plan on decreasing the rpms on your fans or you will likely run into overheating. The poweradjusts can handle up to 8 fans if you run them at full power however as soon as you start to vary the voltage they start getting hot fast so you either need to decrease the amount of fans per power adjust or put your pa's in a wind tunnel.

SNTmods

Samstag, 29. Dezember 2012, 10:33

Im specifically inquiring about the PowerBooster for so I can use it with my old Aquaero 4.0. I really only care to run 2 fans off the controller, about a max of 16 watts (@ fan startup) on both.

SNTmods

Montag, 31. Dezember 2012, 12:05

Well, I no longer have a working Aquaero 4.0

It died today after some interesting behavior of the LCD and Windows popped up a dialogue that read that a USB malfunction had occurred. At first the unit sounded as if it was turning the fans off and then on by itself and then finally nothing. Now, I do have the Aquastream controller mounted to the back side of the Aquaero and there are no faults there, its pumping away even though the molex provided 12v power is flowing through the Aquaero first.

What may have caused this?

I guess Im going to have to get that Aquaero 5.0 now... :cursing:

Can the Aquastream 3.5 with 2 wire relay connection connect with the version 5 model?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »SNTmods« (31. Dezember 2012, 12:11)