• 19.04.2024, 20:05
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Freitag, 28. Dezember 2012, 19:43

Would you like to see just how far it can go with overpriced cable that sounds just like ordinary cable from Radio Shack in a double-blind A-B comparision? Try the link below, but be seated when you do. And, if you are on any heart medication, take it about an hour before you look at the link. Scroll down to the bottom of the link for the prices.

http://www.audiovisionsf.com/?page=detail&product_id=1314 There must be some very rich deaf, dumb suckers audiophiles out there.

About the sound cards: I just use the Realtek 888 or 889 sound chip built in on my Gigabyte GA-EP45-EQ6 motherboard. There is no difference in the quality of the sound from it compared to the M-Audio Delta 192. Well, except for the problem with the level of the signal (balanced) on the 192. Built-in sound chips have specs well better than human hearing these days, so you can be confident with your decision to stay with it. Only if you need more I/O than the built-in chip provides, say if you are recording a band in a home studio, then the sound card with more input ports will make sense. LossMentality gave very good advice.

If you want to have some fun exploring psychoacoustics, and how the power of suggestion can effect perception of sound, let some friends listen to your system and tell them you are using the built-in sound chip. The next time they come over, tell them you have upgraded to a $200 sound card (can be any one you want to name), but DON'T actually buy or install a card. Just leave your speakers connected to the on-board sound chip. I'll bet you that they think the sound from the $200 sound card is better than the built-in sound chip! Never tell them what you did unless you want to lose them as friends. Just tell them later on that you didn't like something about the sound card and sent it back.

Meanwhile, rock-on with your Corsair speakers and have a Happy New Year.
Dogs live by four simple rules: Eat, Sleep, Play, Love. The world would be a much better place if we humans lived by only these rules as well.

Samstag, 29. Dezember 2012, 13:33

who in there right mind would spend that in cable just one cable ,i know i bought these monster cable for my reciever and they where to much for me...lol for wires. hey i do have a reciever with all that dolby and surround sound if i hooked that up to computer,would it sound better its a old jvc but top of the line back in its days i think i payed 1200 bucks for it.it has all that stuff on it that i didnt know what things where,but now i see what some of that stuff is for ..thanks again..have a happy new year

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »pegleg« (29. Dezember 2012, 13:36)

Freitag, 4. Januar 2013, 23:27

Good cables and interconnects, fair price = Blue Jeans Cables.
AsRock E3Gen3, 2700k @4.6 with cuplex HF, 2 HD7970s with aquaC waterblocks, 16G GSkill 2133, TJ09, ST1500 ps, plextor 256 ssd, 2x1TB WD VRs raid 1, HP 30 inch. Aquacomputer 720XT Mk IV.

Samstag, 5. Januar 2013, 17:46

Good cables and interconnects, fair price = Blue Jeans Cables.
Blue Jeans Cable looks quite good. The prices are very reasonable for what are essentially custom made cables with top notch connectors. Thanks for the tip.

Having RCA cables made to a specific length for my system has been a dream for a while. The tangle behind my preamplifier is a nightmare. There are four sources, not counting the computer. The computer is set up on the tape monitor 1 I/O, and has two sets of cables, then there are the outputs to the power amp, the power amp power cord (controlled by the main switch on the preamp), the tuner and turntable power cords, and the extra cables to hook two tuners up to the preamp via a Sony SB-700 selector. And all these units are sitting right next to/on top of each other. And I don't even have my Revox A77 Mark III open reel tape deck hooked up with all of its cables. Custom length cables will help very much in cleaning up the rat's nest back there.

Edit: Oops I left out the antenna cable coming in to the tuners, the selector switch on that, and the rotor control cable and power cord. Mess, mess, mess.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Scott Loves Dogs« (5. Januar 2013, 17:49)

Dogs live by four simple rules: Eat, Sleep, Play, Love. The world would be a much better place if we humans lived by only these rules as well.

Samstag, 5. Januar 2013, 21:57

SLD - You're a better man than I. I put all my equip in a closet rack (including a Xantech distribution hub) under the stairs... looks great from the top side! Louvered door and all - access to the backside from the basement with an attic ladder and what a freakin mess back there! I can't even imagine how to tidy it up!

Yup - BJC makes nice cables and will mesh sleeve what ever bundle you want. Good stuff, reasonbly priced. The best long-run HDMI cables made.
AsRock E3Gen3, 2700k @4.6 with cuplex HF, 2 HD7970s with aquaC waterblocks, 16G GSkill 2133, TJ09, ST1500 ps, plextor 256 ssd, 2x1TB WD VRs raid 1, HP 30 inch. Aquacomputer 720XT Mk IV.