• 27.04.2024, 19:20
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

One Aqua Computer D5 Pump Sufficient?

Mittwoch, 16. Januar 2013, 10:07

Hi, need advise from the community.

Does one Aqua Computer D5 pump sufficient for the following number of radiators and blocks?

3x Aqua Computer Airplex Modularity System 480 Aluminium

2x EKWB EK-FC680 GTX DCII Full GPU Block

1x EKWB EK-Supremacy CPU Block

1x EKWB EK-FB KIT RE4 CSQ Full Motherboard Block

Thank you

Mittwoch, 16. Januar 2013, 21:16

Yes.
AMD FX-8150 OctoCore O.C. 18% to 4.2 GHz on ASUS M5A99X EVO with 16 GB Corsair Dominator W. C. RAM, 2 nVIDIA Geforce 560TI W.C. in SLI, six Western Digital drives for a total of 4.07 TBytes, AquaComputer Aquero 5 Pro, AquaComputer D5 pump, Multiswitch USB, tubemeter and Kyros CPU block. Two coolant loops,CPU & SLI, MB, RAM and AQ5, with two flow meters. Running Windows 7 Professional 64, and using Open Hardware Monitor v0.5.1Beta Aquasuite B16 hardware temps.

Donnerstag, 17. Januar 2013, 06:22

No.

Donnerstag, 17. Januar 2013, 11:52

Yes, one D5 is enough.

I know it can be confusing when you get conflicting responses.

One D5 will provide sufficient flow to cool your proposed loop. Two pumps will not significantly lower temperatures on your hardware as opposed to a single pump. I have tried running my loop (2x420 rads, 3xGPU, CPU, RAM, Motherboard full cover, Aquaero block, Aqualis Reservoir, Aquacomputer filter) with one pump configuration as well as two pump configuration and I did not notice a significant difference in the performance of the loop.

Enjoy your build!

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »cc01« (17. Januar 2013, 12:15)

Donnerstag, 17. Januar 2013, 12:10

Hi, thank for all the input and response. I saw the similar thread about this subject here.

I shall try single loop with one D5 pump first and then decide if second D5 pump is needed when I build up my rig. Btw, I'm using Aqua Computer Aqualis Resevoir + Pump Adapter + D5 Pump combo :)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »yongtw« (17. Januar 2013, 12:13)

Donnerstag, 17. Januar 2013, 13:15

One will say yes and another will say no.

In any case, you will need at least one pump, and you will probably find that it is enough. But beyond the practically useless pump curves and graphs of so-called 'testing' websites you will decide what suits you regardless, in spite of the 'science'. If you want the real answers and want to eke out every last bit of heat from your loop you need to look up text books on fluid dynamics and thermodynamics, and apply your own data from your own loop to see what works.

Personally, I like the look of two pumps together on a dual pump top, even though I know that one is enough. It isn't about what I need but what I want and how I want my machine to look. I can run both my pumps at minimum and achieve 0.8 litres per minute flow rate, or I can boost them up to maximum at about 2.8 litres per minute and it makes bugger all difference to how my cooling loop performs.

Enjoy the responses!

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »cc01« (17. Januar 2013, 13:16)

Donnerstag, 17. Januar 2013, 15:37

I knew I could draw out my friend cc01 with a reply!

yongtw....your 3 480 AMS rads are incredibly restrictive radiators. if you are wanting maximum performance, you'll need another pump. if you don't care about getting the best performance out of your loop....i'm sure one pump will still move some water.

good luck, and enjoy your build!

Mittwoch, 23. Januar 2013, 15:56

Yeah the AMS rads are quite restrictive. I was running 3 slim rads with slightly higher levels of restriction plus one CPU block and a GPU full cover block and with a flow sensor I was measuring really quite low flow values of less than 3 LPM at full power with one D5.
With all those blocks as well you could be adding up to some serious flow rate drop.