• 28.04.2024, 03:46
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Help with setup to run 35 fans 2x D5 pumps

Dienstag, 5. Februar 2013, 22:52

Hello ,

Fell in love with a caselabs TH10 and dumped the NZXT 810 - due to the lack of space , with all the Aquacomputer stuff I have purchased.
The problem is with the size of the case - comes the problem of filling the thing up .
Have already purchased the following :
1. Aquaero 5 pro
2. Water block for the A5( don't want to use it - if possible)
3. 3 x PA2 Ultra's
4. 2 x Aqua computer D5 pumps
5. 3 x Airplex mod 480 radiators

I need your help with the following questions:
1. Do I have the correct equipment to run 35 fans (noise blockers pro) 3 x 8 push/pull for rads and 10 case fans.
2. How would I connect them for best results.

Many many thanks in advance. :).....by the way my first build - be kind - I am a bit slow.

Mittwoch, 6. Februar 2013, 14:35

You should be fine.
I assume you'll want to run 8 fans on each 480, which will easily run from a single fan header on the AQ5 or one of the PA2's.
I have an SM8 with dual pedestals, btw. Got to love those CL cases.

Thanks for the reply

Sonntag, 10. Februar 2013, 21:51

Hello Mandrix, thank you for your help.

You and your build is one of the reasons , I put aside a perfectly good case to buy a caselabs TH10 , the freight cost were equal or more to the cost
Of the case!
I presume I would connect the 2 D5's to 2 of the PA2's , which leaves 3 rads x8 fans each and the 10 so so case fans - how would I connect this? And can you please help with advise on wireing the fans as well , I not up to sleeving and soldering - as yet....one day!
There are a few suppliers with 9x 3 pin x3 pin sleeved cables, would this do, or would you suggest a hub ? :thumbup:

Thanks again.

Montag, 11. Februar 2013, 12:35

Falcon3, I don't own any of the Aquacomputer D5's, but I believe they are powered from 4 pin Molex connector. You should be able to connect the Aquabus cables to either the AQ5 or the PA2's via Y connector.

For multiple fans connection I make my own fan harnesses from scratch. Some of the fan hubs out there are very flimsy and don't hold up well. But for whatever route you go, make sure only one fan's rpm signal is connected back to the AQ5 or PA2 else you will not get accurate rpm results.
If you are not able to make your own you will just have to look around and see what's available, I'm afraid, as I said I prefer to build my own wiring from scratch. There is no soldering needed, but you would need a crimper, wire, pins & connectors.
Here's one example of my hand made fan connectors:
http://www.overclock.net/t/1312023/build…0#post_18424724