• 18.04.2024, 14:12
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Aquasuite 2013-1, Ambitious, but still buggy.

Sonntag, 24. März 2013, 16:31

I have posted this, in German, in the German Wasserkühlung (watercooling) forum:

For God's sake Sebastian.

Focus on small areas of AS to fix, one at a time, and release incremental fixes, making sure that all of the bugs in each small area are really gone. Then move on to the next small part of AS, and fix it carefully, without screwing up what has already been fixed.

You are trying to do too much by trying to fix all the problems at once, as well as introduce new features and performance enhancements.

We don't really need any new features at this point, just a release of AS that works well, has no bugs, and dosen't hog RAM and CPU.

It is still hogging RAM and CPU by the way, just much slower than before, but still doing it.
Dogs live by four simple rules: Eat, Sleep, Play, Love. The world would be a much better place if we humans lived by only these rules as well.

Montag, 25. März 2013, 07:29

It is still hogging RAM and CPU by the way, just much slower than before, but still doing it.
After all of our tests the CPU RAM usage is stabilizing after 1-2 hours. The CPU load is 2x better as the aquasuite 2012 Version. The RAM Cansumption is depended on the showed Pages, but it is stable.

In this week we release a bugfix release for aquaero 5 users.

Jeremy

Montag, 25. März 2013, 22:25

Sebatian-

I don't know if you're aware of this for your testing, but my experience and some experimentation has shown the following regarding the CPU bug on my system:

1. It is not in any way solved in 2013-1. I get full usage of 1 core (24-25% CPU load) after the system has been running for "a while".

2. The bug only manifests (in both 2012 and 2013-1) if an Overview page is viewed. If the program stays minimized on my taskbar all day, I don't have an issue. If I open the program and play with fan profiles, then minimize it again, I don't have an issue. If I open the program an look at an Overview page, AS will be using a full core within a few hours. Switching tabs so that the Overview page isn't visible before minimizing AS doesn't help. Once it's been viewed, the problem is brewing. The only solutions are to: A> Never look at an Overview page, which makes them useless or B> Close AS and re-launch it after an overview page has been viewed.

Also, as I noted in my other thread, temperature offset for software sensors is broken. Please fix it. Thank you. :)

Dienstag, 26. März 2013, 00:59

I'm getting some occasional lockups in Aquasuite. Symptoms may include adjustment of a temperature offset fails.
Usually closing/reopening Aquasuite helps but occasionally a reboot is needed.

This is rare, but still it does happen.
FYI.

Mittwoch, 27. März 2013, 11:17

I have moitored the Cpu Load + Ram consumption with a older/slower system:
System:
Core 2 Duo T6670 2.2 GHz
Ram 4 Gb
System: Windows 7 x64

The aquasuite with a connected aquaero is open for 3 hours.
The aquasuite shows a simple overview page with 6 values and 2 charts in full screen.
Cpu load: ~10%
RAM: 140 Mb .. 155Mb
all values are constant, the ram consumption is not increasing.

Freitag, 29. März 2013, 00:42

Sebastian (and everyone at Aquacomputer), I apologize. The new, very latest, release of AS 2013 is working without any apparent memory or CPU hogging. Or, if there is a problem, it is now very minor and not an issue.

Again, please accept my apology. It looks like the newest release of AS 2013 is the best release of all the AS 2012 and 2013 yet.
Dogs live by four simple rules: Eat, Sleep, Play, Love. The world would be a much better place if we humans lived by only these rules as well.

Freitag, 29. März 2013, 01:00

For me, the latest version of AS2013 is not working out, else I have something going on I can't trace down.
The program is locking up randomly and not displaying any page data, and only a reboot fixes it.
When this happens, closing and reopening AS does no good, and I often have to do a hard reset to exit Windows.
I did not have any of this with the first version of AS2013.

Very puzzling.

Freitag, 29. März 2013, 02:21

I used to get a hard lockup, then i changed usb ports i was using a aquero 5 xt and lt on the same ports on the mother board i then swapped them around and no more lockups

Freitag, 29. März 2013, 11:07

Looking at event viewer I'm thinking the problems are Net 4 related. I did a repair on the Net 4 install, we'll see how it goes.

Freitag, 29. März 2013, 20:47

Little update:

After leaving the latest build of AS 2013 running overnight, about 12 hours, there was very little memory usage. In fact there was much less memory usage than when I first started AS 2013! That seems okay now.

With AS 2013 and little else (the usual Windows services, etc.) running overnight, the whole, total, computer was using about 30% of the processor by the end of the 12 hours, reported by the Win Performance Monitor. When AS 2013 was first started last night, the whole computer's total CPU usage was only about 7% to 10% of the processor. So there is obviously a bit of something still going on with the CPU usage. However, it is greatly improved :thumbup: over the previous version, which consumed so much CPU and RAM that the computer would lock up after about 6 to 8 hours of run time. And the increase in CPU usage last night was clearly by AS 2013. It was shown clearly by the Windows Performance Monitor as being used by AS 2013. Upon closing AS 2013, the total CPU utilization dropped from above 30% down to about 7% to 10%.

The overview page that was left on display overnight was pretty simple: It has only two gauges total, and both of these show on the desktop. There is one for the GPU temperature, and one for the coolant temperature. If the number of display elements that AS 2013 shows has an influence on the CPU consumption, then my overview page should not have caused much.

For what it may be worth, right now I am monitoring my computer's usage of resources with Open Hardware Monitor, Beta 0.5.1, and without AS 2013 running something else is eating up RAM by the bucket full. Normal usage with the same programs open is around 1.75 GB to 2.2 GB. It is right around 4.2 GB now. I'll look into the cause and report back. Also, when AS 2013 is restarted now, Resource Monitor shows that it only uses between 0% and 1%(!!!) of the CPU.

Jeremy

Samstag, 30. März 2013, 17:56

Sebastian - run the test longer. I can't pinpoint exactly when it happens, but it does happen. 3 hours evidently isn't enough time. What happens at 6, 9, or 12+ hours?

My system is typically up for 12-18 hours per day depending on exactly what's going on. 3 hours is nothing. I'll try to take better notes about when CPU use starts creeping up.

Sonntag, 31. März 2013, 13:56

My system runs 24/7 and experiences no crashes or memory leaks. The system stays at about 4Gb mem use most of the time and 4-7% CPU usage and I have a lot of xml log files running too for G19 monitoring.

Maybe there is something else astray.
I am Intel of Borg. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

i7 3930K @5Ghz - X79 ASUS Rampage IV Extreme - 4x SLI GTX580 - 16GB DDR3-2000 - 4x GTX 360 rads 24x CM fans - Aquaero 5 XT +6 PA2 Ultras - 2 x Enermax 1500W PSU - MM Extended Ascension Case - 2 x 452x2 Res and 4 x D5 - 3 x 24" Acer H243H LCD

Montag, 1. April 2013, 03:51

Scott. - download a copy of Process Explorer (google it) by sysinternals. You can see the exact cpu and ram being held by all processes and services. I have not yet upgraded to AS2013 so haven't looked at it memory stack yet.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »jpmboy« (1. April 2013, 03:53)

AsRock E3Gen3, 2700k @4.6 with cuplex HF, 2 HD7970s with aquaC waterblocks, 16G GSkill 2133, TJ09, ST1500 ps, plextor 256 ssd, 2x1TB WD VRs raid 1, HP 30 inch. Aquacomputer 720XT Mk IV.