• 27.04.2024, 17:27
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Jeremy

Voltage regulator temps?

Donnerstag, 30. Mai 2013, 19:25

Searching reveals that the maximum regulator temp is 90 deg C, at which point they stop regulating and go full 12V until they cool off.

Is there a "safe operating range" that it's better for the regulators to be at for maximum longevity? Just because thermal shutdown happens at a given temp doesn't mean you want to necessarily operate a device at or even near that temperature. What's a good goal for the voltage regulators in daily use? Temperatures are approaching 90 deg F in my office today so I became curious.

Sonntag, 2. Juni 2013, 14:00

nobody answering this one, cause I guess there is no clinical answer. Given the aluminium heat sink size and the bay area of most computer cases do not get a lot of direct airflow, I guess they would normally be fairly hot. I brought the optional water block and added them to loop.

Now as my motherboard Vregs are no longer water cooled I found they were running at 60+ C, after putting in a silent low speed 120mm rear case fan and a square of cardboard to direct airflow pass the Vregs, they now operate between 30 -40C. I guess if you are concerned that the amperage through the Vregs will shorten their life, perhaps consider direct air cooling.

Jeremy

Montag, 3. Juni 2013, 19:18

No heat sink or water block on mine, but the board sits right behind the main intake fan in front. Temps on the hotter VRM are generally in the 50-60 deg C range. I've never seen it get above 60, so I guess I'll call it good.