• 28.04.2024, 07:56
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Jeremy

Can I measure water temp using the included temp probes?

Samstag, 8. Juni 2013, 09:39

I might be jumping back into water cooling after a brief hiatus. Now that I have my Aquaero LT, I have the capability to monitor water temps. Can the included temp probes be used for this, or are they a poor choice? Where's the best to put them? Attached to tubing? Attached to rad? Attached to a fitting somewhere?

Is there anything that should or should not be used to attach the probe to things?

Samstag, 8. Juni 2013, 09:51

Putting the standard probes into water does not hurt anything but they will slowly be affected by the water and change their resistance, as a result they start reporting totally incorrect temps.
To get water temps you can either use a purpose built water sensor like the ones from bitspower and Aquacomputer ... Although the AC ones are just the normal probes wrapped around a metal fitting. An easy way to do it is to simply stick a normal flat sensor to the side of a rad. It will give you the same result within about .1 of degree.
As far as sticking them down I doubt it really matters what you use.

Pilo

Samstag, 8. Juni 2013, 09:59

I do not know what kind of probes you have, but I would use inline probes (pictures below).
I would set one before the first waterblock (often the CPU block), to measure the cooled water temperature and one after the last waterblock (often the GPU block), to measure the warmest water temperature.
->Darin Epsilon - PERSPECTIVES<-
Mr. SuicideSheep @ soundcloud.com
Test Shot Starfish @ soundcloud.com
Professor Kliq @ soundcloud.com

Jeremy

Samstag, 8. Juni 2013, 18:35

The LT comes with 4 of these: http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info…roducts_id=1621

Since I already have them, that's what I was looking to use. I doesn't make much sense for me to get a special fitting shipped from Germany (nobody in the US sells those that I can see) if I can accomplish the same thing or very close to it using what I already have on hand.

Samstag, 8. Juni 2013, 19:04

Try here
American site, has pretty much everything you might need including what Pilo suggested, which is also what I use and are very good.

http://www.frozencpu.com/cat/l3/g30/c229…sors-Page1.html

Samstag, 8. Juni 2013, 19:07

You can tape it to a fitting, the inline probes is nothing else.
Apart from that Amazon Link in PN

Samstag, 8. Juni 2013, 20:31

If you want to use the in-line sensors, FrozenCPU, linked above by WoodSpoon, has them. I use one of the Phobya In-Line ones. Here is the link to the FrozenCPU page for that sensor: http://www.frozencpu.com/products/13163/…0c229s579#blank

By the way, FrozenCPU has an outstanding reputation. They are my preferred source for anything they carry. If I remember correctly they will ship something light and safe, like the in-line temp probe via the US mail, and the shipping cost should only be around $7, maybe less. It would be a wise idea to buy some other stuff that you need in the same order, because if you don't you will be adding up to a bit more than 50% of the price of the sensor to your order just for shipping. They have sent me some heavier and larger orders for shipping charges of only $7.70 or so, which makes it pay if you have to buy other things too.

If you would rather use one of the temperature sensors that came with the AE 5 LT, then the advice above is good. Just tape it to some, preferably metal, spot or coupler. The in-line sensors have a black plastic ring around them. That ring may act to insulate the sensor element from the ambient air temperature. If you want to achieve the same thing with one of the included sensors, wrap or fit the sensor to the part you want to use, tape it in place, then cover or wrap it with a few to several layers of tape to help insulate. Electrical tape would work well, and comes in a variety of colors that you might be able to use to make it look a bit better in your computer.

Please let us know what you end up doing, it may be helpful to someone wondering the same thing some time in the future.
Dogs live by four simple rules: Eat, Sleep, Play, Love. The world would be a much better place if we humans lived by only these rules as well.

Jeremy

Samstag, 8. Juni 2013, 22:20

FrozenCPU is actually who I order my LT from in the first place, I'm familiar with them. I didn't consider that a more generic temperature sensor fitting would work just fine, I had be looking for specifically for the AquaComputer sensor fitting. It's good to know that any brand with the right connector will work.
Please let us know what you end up doing, it may be helpful to someone wondering the same thing some time in the future.
This is all in the planning stages at this point. Water cooling on a budget isn't easy, we'll see what I can scrounge up. I like the idea of taping the sensor to a fitting and covering it with some sort of insulating tape to prevent ambient temps from interfering. That's a smart move.

Pilo

Samstag, 8. Juni 2013, 23:10

It's good to know that any brand with the right connector will work.

That's not entirely correct, the thermal sensor must've a resistance of 10.000 Ohm (10k).
->Darin Epsilon - PERSPECTIVES<-
Mr. SuicideSheep @ soundcloud.com
Test Shot Starfish @ soundcloud.com
Professor Kliq @ soundcloud.com