• 21.05.2024, 12:46
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Vertical installation of Airplex modular system with integrated pump

Freitag, 20. September 2013, 22:19

I'm planning an external reservoir for my build and have no need to fill or bleed coolant through a top mounted reservoir (this ).
The question is: If you're going to mount these radiators vertically - Do you have to attach the top reservoir or will the standard terminal work just as well?

Pilo

Freitag, 20. September 2013, 22:54

Do you plan on buying that 'Airplex modular system with integrated pump' or do you have it already?
If I'm not wrong, the 'top mounted reservoir' is an optional part and not included with the 'Airplex modular system with integrated pump', and if you have already plans to integrate an external reservoir into your loop, you don't need another reservoir even less, especially not an optional part for builds without any reservoir at all. The 'standard terminal' will do just find, I guess.
Do you plan to install the radiator vertically with the pump at the bottom?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Pilo« (20. September 2013, 22:56)

->Darin Epsilon - PERSPECTIVES<-
Mr. SuicideSheep @ soundcloud.com
Test Shot Starfish @ soundcloud.com
Professor Kliq @ soundcloud.com

Samstag, 21. September 2013, 09:24

I'm finalizing plans for my new build, evaluating different loop layouts so haven't bought any radiators yet. I guess you're right that the top reservoir is just an option if you intend to keep that feature. I got a little bewildered reading a statement from Shoggy in the launch thread saying: "For both pump modules we will offer another reservoir which can be exchanged with the other delrin terminal. This combination allows to run the whole setup vertically". It's the last sentence I'm responding to like if you do not fit top reservoir to the airplex with pump integrated, it does not allow the whole setup to be mounted vertically. Maybe I'm not reading it right (or read it too many times) :rolleyes:

So unless other tells me different I'll give the vertical setup a go without a top reservoir - if I choose to apply the airplex with pump module solution. Pump at the bottom, of course!

Thanks for replying, much appreciated :thumbup:

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »LotusOmega« (21. September 2013, 09:42)

Pilo

Samstag, 21. September 2013, 11:18

You can install the Airplex Modularity System (AMS) radiators vertical, horizontal, lying flat on one side or upright, just like any other radiators from other brands, with just the standard terminals.

But, I hope you have reconsidered, that the flange-mounted pump ends for the AMS are a little bulky, because of the integrated reservoir which is ment for an installation at the top of a case with attached 25 mm fans (thickness).

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Pilo« (21. September 2013, 11:20)

->Darin Epsilon - PERSPECTIVES<-
Mr. SuicideSheep @ soundcloud.com
Test Shot Starfish @ soundcloud.com
Professor Kliq @ soundcloud.com

Sonntag, 22. September 2013, 19:47

Yes I know they are bulky but their potential home will be in a Caselabs TX10-D with plenty of space - and I'll be using the D5 version which is less bulky - so as long as the height of reservoir is less than- or flush with a 25mm fan, it should not be any issues with bulkiness. I'm now redirecting my concerns towards restriction with the quad pass compared to the very well refined soldering flat tube two pass design - BUT that's another topic...!

Thanks again!