• 18.04.2024, 03:49
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

saldot

High Flow Sensor clicking noise

Samstag, 12. Oktober 2013, 14:58

Bought a flow sensor ( 53068 ) a week ago and mounted it yesterday. This morning I noticed it's started to make a clicking noise which is quite irritating.
Should I contact the shop where i bought it (Aquatuning) or should I contact aquacomputer?

There are old threads about this issue but they all over a year old, I thought aqua computer would have fixed the issue by now?
I've mounted the flow meter is horizontally which was the fix I saw in the old threads but it's still making the noise.

Edit:

Been using it for a few days now and the clicking noise is not constant, it comes and goes.
Friday evening I did a few stress tests; raising and lowering pump speeds, running Prime95 to raise CPU and water temps etc. and some gaming. It was than I noticed the clicking noise. It was so loud you could clearly hear it even though my GFX card's fans were at full speed. (still waiting for a water block for the GFX card)
Saturday morning when I started the computer the clicking noise was gone. After leaving it on for 2 hours at idle it was still quiet. Saturday afternoon I did some gaming and the clicking noise came back although not as loud as the day before.
Sunday morning, booted computer and once again no clicking noise. After some gaming it was back. Tried lowering pump speed from 200 L/H to 120L/H which did have a positive impact on the sound level of the clicking but it was still present.
My conclusion is that the clicking noise seems to be related to water temperature. The loudness of the clicking is, not surprisingly, related to flow rates.
At 28 degrees C there is no clicking noise but once the water hits 33-35 it starts.

I could go for a MPS Flow 400, but the High Flow has got good reviews since it's so accurate. Also, the MPS has USB etc. which is useless to me since I'll connect it to an aquaero anyways.

Edit 2:
I was wrong. The clicking is there at 28 degrees as well so it doesn't seem to be temperature related.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 5 mal editiert, zuletzt von »saldot« (14. Oktober 2013, 20:00)

Dienstag, 15. Oktober 2013, 07:42

My flowmeter demonstrated the same noise although after some time it stopped. It also helps if you don't hard mount the flowmeter as the noise is exacerbated.

saldot

Dienstag, 15. Oktober 2013, 09:01

How long did it take for your clicking to go away?
Got mine hanging in the air suspended by the tubing right now but I was planning on mounting it flat when I rebuild my loop next week.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »saldot« (15. Oktober 2013, 09:03)

Mittwoch, 16. Oktober 2013, 12:46

The meters clicking seems to be hit or miss, and for most people it seems to go away after a while. I have 2 that have barely ever made any noise when new.
Something you might try is changing the orientation. For example; if it's vertical, change to horizontal. If that doesn't work you might try reversing the flow direction.
HTH.

saldot

Mittwoch, 16. Oktober 2013, 13:34

Thanks for the reply.
I've decided to send it back to Aquacomputer so they can have a look at it.
Rebuilding my loop over and over to test different flow directions, mounting orientations et.c. is an option but it's quite time consuming.
If i used quick disconnects in my loop it'd be quick, but I've got barbs and compression fittings.
:(

Mittwoch, 16. Oktober 2013, 13:50

I hear ya. I have acrylic tubing and it's definitely time consuming to R&R.

Good luck w/the sensor.

saldot

Freitag, 18. Oktober 2013, 09:46

Good luck w/the sensor.
Thanks. Got my gfx block yesterday so took it out since i was rebuilding the loop anyways.
If you have 2 of these, have you had any issues with the distance from the flowmeters to the aquaero?
Aquacomputer only has a 30cm cable as does phobya. Have you found anything longer than that? Will be an issue for me when I'll put it back in since it'll be at the bottom of the case while I have the aquaero at the top.
Perhaps you can use a normal 3pin fan cable like this one: ?

Freitag, 18. Oktober 2013, 10:56

Good luck w/the sensor.
Thanks. Got my gfx block yesterday so took it out since i was rebuilding the loop anyways.
If you have 2 of these, have you had any issues with the distance from the flowmeters to the aquaero?
Aquacomputer only has a 30cm cable as does phobya. Have you found anything longer than that? Will be an issue for me when I'll put it back in since it'll be at the bottom of the case while I have the aquaero at the top.
Perhaps you can use a normal 3pin fan cable like this one: ?

No problem for me, I made and sleeved my own cables for the flow sensors. Distance from the Aquaero's seems to make no difference that I can tell. Just be careful if you make your own cable and wire it correctly....it is NOT the same as a fan cable and you will blow the sensor using a fan cable!

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »mandrix« (18. Oktober 2013, 10:57)

saldot

Montag, 21. Oktober 2013, 15:01

Hmmm.. ok.
Since i'm not into sleeving it'll be quite expensive buying all the tools, sleeve and connections just for 1 cable.
I'll give the fan cable a go. As long as it's a straight extension cable there shouldn't be a problem. Afaik, the flowsensor cable is has a standard 3pin fan connector at the end that goes into the aquaero so a fan extension cable should work.

Will send the flow sensor back to aqua computer today for repairs.

Mittwoch, 23. Oktober 2013, 01:32

OK. I'm just telling you.....it's not a straight 1 to 1 transfer from the flow sensor plugin to the female fan connector. So just make yourself a little diagram before you depin any connectors to follow and you'll be good to go. :thumbup: