• 26.04.2024, 20:30
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

First post :) Part check

Dienstag, 25. Februar 2014, 16:15

So I finally picked up a 6 XT for my upcoming rebuild (yay) and I wanted to check on what flow sensor I should get.

My noobishness is telling me this one http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info…roducts_id=2294
however I wanted to check here and make sure. Seeing the USB port models kinda confused me a bit. I just want a simple flow sensor, it does not have to have all the bells and whistles.

best regards..

Dienstag, 25. Februar 2014, 21:00

Hello Badkarma,

If you want a simple flow sensor, the one you chose is right. It is a "mechanical" model, the flow is measured by a rotating impeller. As such, it may produce some noise, with some of them reported to be "clicking" sometimes. I have one and I'm very happy with it. You connect it to Aquero over aquabus.

The USB model is an upgrade to the previous one, with the MPS controller part integrated in it. It basically allows you to run it even without Aquaero, just connected over USB, or even standalone.

The MPS models use a differential pressure to measure flow, so there are no moving parts. This means they are noiseless and should be less prone to failure, although I read about some problems with leaks due to the missing or damaged seals.

Any of these will do a great job, but as you want and need the basic version I think you made the right choice.

Kind regards,
Boris.

RE: First post :) Part check

Mittwoch, 26. Februar 2014, 01:31

So I finally picked up a 6 XT for my upcoming rebuild (yay) and I wanted to check on what flow sensor I should get.

My noobishness is telling me this one http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info…roducts_id=2294
however I wanted to check here and make sure. Seeing the USB port models kinda confused me a bit. I just want a simple flow sensor, it does not have to have all the bells and whistles.

best regards..

I have two of those. They work fine and make no noise, although some people have said theirs make a clicking sound.

Mittwoch, 26. Februar 2014, 03:28

Very informative posts here. Thank you very much :-)