• 24.04.2024, 06:12
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Larry L

Help Please Configuration FRor AquaComputer Extreme Liquid Cooling

Mittwoch, 30. April 2014, 06:52

Really need some advice and help this is a big learning curve. Setting up liquid cooling set up using AquaComputer Hardware. Try to keep this simple and short as possible.
Case:Caselabs Magnum 8
Rampage lV Black Edition Full Water Blocks (Am not liquid cooling the memory)
CPU: I7 4960X with Aquacomputer Cuplex Kyros HF Socket 2011
GPUS x 2 GTX 780 TI with kryographics for GTX 780 Ti black edition
PSU Sylverstone Strider STI 1500w
Ambient Air Tempreture = 34c to 37c
Cooling:
Radiators: 360 x 3 AquaComputer Airplex AQ-33036
Pumps In Series 2 x AquaComputer D-5 AQ - 41093
Fans NB PL-2 1400 RPM Push Configuration = 9 on radiators
Fan Shrouds x 12 120mm x 25 mm
Case Fans NB PL-2 1400 RPM = 5 (Planning on running these 5 fans direct from the M/Board fan headers)(Is this a good recommendation should these 5 fans be connected to the Pro6?)
Total Number Of 1400 RPM Fans = 14
Controler Aquero Pro 6 with 12 fans and 2 D-5 Pumps
AquaComputer Qualis Reservoir
Please note this is a single loop the water blocks will not be split between the radiators pump, Radiator 1, 2, 3, thru 6 water blocks to the reservoir to the pump.
Tubing diameter 1/2 in I.D. x 3/4 in O.D.. Approximate tubing length less then 3 ft (1 meter). .
Liquid DP Ultra Clear
Can I run the two pumps and 17 fans direct from the Pro 6 using fan spliters ? If yes do I need to use the water block on the Pro 6?
How do you connect 2 x D-5 Pumps with USB to the Pro 6 it has one USB?
will push pull fan configuration be required on the radiators?
Trying to keep the build quite will the 1400 RPM fans be ok in a push configuration?
Does 120mm x 25mm fan shrouds help that much?
Is two D-5 Pumps in series necessary for this loop with one AquaComputer Qualis Reservoir? The reason for 2 pumps in series in case of pump failure and increased volume and pump pressure running the pumps at a lower RPM to equal the same pump pressure with one D-5 pump.
Rather than using a mod top for the two pumps plan on using solid fittings between the pump one out to pump two in.
What is Nano Coating on the Reservoirs?
Want to monitor
Pump RPM, flow Rate, Coolant Temp before and after the radiators, M/Board CPU, GPUs, ambient and case temps.
Thank you for the help.

Larry L

Mittwoch, 30. April 2014, 07:12

Did a quick sketch up thought this might help
»Larry L« hat folgendes Bild angehängt:
  • Water Cooling Loop number 3.jpg

Mittwoch, 30. April 2014, 16:05

"Ambient Air Tempreture = 34c to 37c"

Wow, that's mid 90's in F. Too hot for me, turn the AC on high!

I have a similar layout. You are going to use the Aqua Suite software, for hardware temp monitoring I would use HardwareInfo64, this gives you all the chip and board temps.

Temp sensors on the rad inlets and outlets. I use these .

"Can I run the two pumps and 17 fans direct from the Pro 6 using fan
spliters ? If yes do I need to use the water block on the Pro 6?"

Yes, run the pumps with Aquabus/usb, 17 fans across 4 fan headers is fine. Don't think you'll need the water block but those high ambient temps are a monkey wrench on predicting what you are going to see for loop temps. My loop seldom reaches 32C, that takes 100% load for a half hour or more.

"How do you connect 2 x D-5 Pumps with USB to the Pro 6 it has one USB? "

I use a nzxt IU01 usb board. Using USB assign a address to each pump and then run with Aquabus. Use a Y cable for connecting the 2 pumps to thwe Aquabus header on the AQ6, or add the AQ RealTimeClock module that gives you 2 Aquabus headers.

"will push pull fan configuration be required on the radiators?"

With those high ambient temps it sure wouldn't hurt. I'd work at getting ambients down to 25-28C max. 20-23 is even better.

"Trying to keep the build quite will the 1400 RPM fans be ok in a push configuration?"
With those hig ambients I don't know, if you are 22-23C you can run fans under 800 rpm and have great cooling.

"Does 120mm x 25mm fan shrouds help that much?"

I've never seen much.

"Is two D-5 Pumps in series necessary for this loop with one AquaComputer
Qualis Reservoir? The reason for 2 pumps in series in case of pump
failure and increased volume and pump pressure running the pumps at a
lower RPM to equal the same pump pressure with one D-5 pump. "

I would run 2 pumps, better flow rate and redundancy.

Larry L

Donnerstag, 1. Mai 2014, 10:30

Wow, that's mid 90's in F. Too hot for me, turn the AC on high!
The temps make me :wacko: . We are working on getting the ambient temps down. Insulation in the roof to R-40, new ceilings with two fans in our house and 4 new air conditioners our old air conditioner in the living room stopped working after 5 years of hard use.
I would use HardwareInfo64 good for over clocking not for daily use.
Temp sensors on the rad inlets and outlets. Didn't notice these thanks plan on using two of them. First one after the third radiator and the second before radiator number one.
17 fans across 4 fan headers is fine. Planning on using fan splitters. From what I have read for some reason if you use a PCB board on the fans then to the Aquero Fan header the fans will not throttle down unless a resister is added. Not electrical savy y splitters will probably be the best option. ?(
Plan on using the water block on the Pro 6 be done with it.
A lot to learn about the Pro-6 Mult switch and setting all of this up. A lot ot pre planning and studying to be done.
Thanks for the help.

Donnerstag, 1. Mai 2014, 14:01

"I would use HardwareInfo64 good for over clocking not for daily use."

Aqua Suite needs a monitoring program for chip temps, there are 3 or 4 that interface with it.

"Planning on using fan splitters. From what I have read for some reason
if you use a PCB board on the fans then to the Aquero Fan header the
fans will not throttle down unless a resister is added. Not electrical
savy y splitters will probably be the best option"

I think that's about the splitter sending rpm signal from each fan, I just cut the rpm trace on the board so it only supplies 1 rpm signal.

The AQ6 does not need the water block, it cools very nicely with just the passive block (now available in black) My fan headers are right at ambient and the processor runs around 32C.

The AQ6 does have a learning curve. When you get the aqua suite program installed and running it starts to come together.

Larry L

Donnerstag, 1. Mai 2014, 14:31

Really appreciate your help this is what I do not understand
D-5 pump with PWM.
In the past connected the pump to the PSU. The PWM was connected to the CPU fan header on the M/Board to monitor pump RPM. The pump always ran full RPM.

Should I do this?
Pump power from the PSU and the PWM to the Pro 6? I do not understand If the pump is hooked up like this wouldn't the pump run at full RPM?
Connect the Pump power to the Pro 6 would not need the PWM? There is two ways to regulate the RPM on the pump. Thru voltage or PWM it must be one or the other not both when connected to the Pro 6? This has me confused.
Fans using are Noise Blocker SP-2 they do not have a PWM. So the fans have to be hooked to a http://www.nzxt.com/product/detail/99-iu…-case-accessory powerd by the Pro 6. The Pro 6 reads the fan RPM thru the BIOS and regulate the voltage to the fan for proper RPM? ?(

Donnerstag, 1. Mai 2014, 17:51

The AQ 6 will control the speed of the pump if the PWM connector is wired up the same as this DDC PWM PUMP I'm using at present to test e.t.c.... IE: If you notice, this DDC Pump has two wires going to the PWM connector 1 x RPM Speed the other is for PWM Speed Control....

Not sure why or how you would connect fans to a USB Expansion Board?? (that you linked to?)...... Fans don't run off a USB???

Also that NZXT USB Expansion Board (you linked to) is supposed to be powered Via the PSU & not the AQ 6???...

All 3 pin fans are voltage controlled (Only 4 pin Fans can have the PWM function only.... So you connect the fans to the AQ 6's fan headers (I use multiple 3 pin fan cable splitters to connect multiple fans to a single AQ fan header) & the Aquaero/Aquasuite then controls the speed of the fans Via the voltage..) This has always been the way with 3 pin fans??.... The Aquaero reads the fans speed direct from the fans not the Motherboard Bios??? (unless you have fans connected through the Motherboard headers??)...

Unless I'm miss understanding what you mean or are trying to say?.... But that's how I read it ;)

N.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Namron« (1. Mai 2014, 17:56)

Larry L

Samstag, 3. Mai 2014, 08:22

Hi Namron no sir you did not miss understand I got confused with this. my bad mistake.
Not sure why or how you would connect fans to a USB Expansion Board?? (that you linked to?)...... Fans don't run off a USB???
Will be using Y Cabels to connect the fans to the pro 6.
Planning on using the Aquacomputer Dual DDC http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info…roducts_id=2359 to run the D-5 Pumps in Series (Single Loop)
1. Does the DDC come with mounting brackets?
2. Mounting brackets are not included what mounting brackets do you recommend?
3. I take it the pumps are mounted on the back side no pictures in the link?
4. Wires coming out of the block on both sides what are they for?
Reservoir Aqua Box http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info…roducts_id=2452
1. Can the Aqua Box be used in series or is it for dual loops only?
2. In the video it appears there is a second Reservoir?
Is it the Filter with Stainless Steel Mesh? http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info…roducts_id=2421
Pumps x 2 Aqua Computer D-5 pumps. http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info…roducts_id=2901
The pro 6 has one USB Connect. In order to connect 2 D -5 Pumps in series to get the pump information in the software is it better to use a Power adjust Ultra version or the standard version. Ultra has 2 x USB Connects?
1. Is it better to connect both pumps (USB) to the power adjust rather than one pump USB to the Pro 6 and the second pump to the Power Adjust?
http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info…roducts_id=2517
Will use a Multi Switch for the Power Adjust http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info…roducts_id=2572 with this front plate http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info…roducts_id=2531
This what trying to accomplish any and all help is more than appreciated. :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyffbCvnyyU
Thank You

Samstag, 3. Mai 2014, 10:19

Hi Namron no sir you did not miss understand I got confused with this. my bad mistake.
Will be using Y Cabels to connect the fans to the pro 6.
Planning on using the Aquacomputer Dual DDC http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info…roducts_id=2359 to run the D-5 Pumps in Series (Single Loop)
1. Does the DDC come with mounting brackets?
2. Mounting brackets are not included what mounting brackets do you recommend?
3. I take it the pumps are mounted on the back side no pictures in the link?
4. Wires coming out of the block on both sides what are they for?
Reservoir Aqua Box http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info…roducts_id=2452
1. Can the Aqua Box be used in series or is it for dual loops only?
2. In the video it appears there is a second Reservoir?
Is it the Filter with Stainless Steel Mesh? http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info…roducts_id=2421
Pumps x 2 Aqua Computer D-5 pumps. http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info…roducts_id=2901
The pro 6 has one USB Connect. In order to connect 2 D -5 Pumps in series to get the pump information in the software is it better to use a Power adjust Ultra version or the standard version. Ultra has 2 x USB Connects?
1. Is it better to connect both pumps (USB) to the power adjust rather than one pump USB to the Pro 6 and the second pump to the Power Adjust?
http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info…roducts_id=2517
Will use a Multi Switch for the Power Adjust http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info…roducts_id=2572 with this front plate http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info…roducts_id=2531
This what trying to accomplish any and all help is more than appreciated. :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyffbCvnyyU
Thank You
Hiya Larry.. No worries it's easy to get confused with it all & your eager to get things moving along :) ...I would say though...Take a step back & Take a deep breath, relax but most importantly take you time....

You have linked to a DDC pump top... But say you are going to use D5 pumps??...... DDC & D5 pumps are very different pumps to each other mate..... So that pump top you linked to is for the Laing DDC series pumps & not for D5 series pumps...

So if your actually going to be using the D5 pumps (great pumps & ones I would recommend) you will need to get a top that is for the D5 pump.. OK.. :thumbsup:

1 & 2. Which ever pumps & tops you go for you should get all the mounting equipment you require :)
3 & 4. Yep the pumps are mounted on the back & if you look closely those wires your talking about are from the two DDC pumps they have attached from that link picture...

Also the Aquabox you linked to is a bay mounted Reservoir...
1. This Aquabox is for one loop & you just connect your tubing from the Aquabox to your Pump (or pumps) your tubing then goes to the various blocks & radiators you have in your loop, Your tubing then returns back to the Reservoir....
2. They are probably running two loops??... (I haven't watched the video myself but that's the only reason to have two reservoirs)..

No idea about the filters I'm afraid.... I've never used any filters & never seen a need for filters in a PC cooling link.... but that's just my personal view on it ;)

NO MPS DEVICE (pumps, fill level sensors, Flow sensors e.t.c) Connect Via there USB to the Aquaero...... All USB connection are for that Device to be connected to the Motherboard USB Headers!!!...

The Power Adjust's only have one USB connection not two & these also connect to the Mother board USB headers..... although I don't think you will have any need for using the power adjusts at all...

1. The USB D5 pumps connect to the PSU for power & connect to the Aquaero through the Aquabus connection...

You have no need for a Multi switch from what I can gather or the power adjusts... Save your money... I've never used or had any need to use a Multi switch... But it's up to you what you buy, but I have no experience with those Multi switches at all I'm afraid...

Have a look HERE I've done a couple of reviews & guides for the Aquaero 5 but most of the setting up with the AQ 6 is the same, So give my guides a good read & you should soon begin to pick it up of how to connect what & where e.t.c....

I think I've just about covered what you have asked about here for now & have to go to work now (am already running late ;) )..... But any way give my quick guides a good read which should & will hopefully help you out with any further queries you may have..... :thumbsup:

Take your time.....

All the best

Norman

Larry L

Samstag, 3. Mai 2014, 13:58

Thanks Norman much appreciated for taking a lot of time in your post to help out. :thumbsup: Yes pretty excited about the build in the planning stages so your advice on thinking it threw and slowing down is much appreciated.
Reading thru the forums and the manuals for the various Aqua Computer hardware is a bit over whelming rushing to much. Probably best to start with the Pro 6 and build off it learn the Pro 6 and software.
Planning on running 2 x D-5 pumps in series have not decided on the mod top to use yet reading reviews considering changing pumps from the D-5s.
DDC pump top correct was curious about that particular pump top and pump performance compared to the D-5s. The last two builds had the same pair of D-5s ran 5 + years 24/7 never failed. Time to replace them still running strong and silent. Getting close to the 50,000 hour mark if not over. Did not run a fan controller and connected the PWM from the pumps to the CPU headers then power from the PSU.
. This Aquabox is for one loop & you just connect your tubing from the Aquabox to your Pump (or pumps) your tubing then goes to the various blocks & radiators you have in your loop, Your tubing then returns back to the Reservoir....
2. They are probably running two loops??... (I haven't watched the video myself but that's the only reason to have two reservoirs)..
Correct thinking they running two loops. Decided to use a Tube Res and keep the res out of the 5.25 bays. On a single loop with a mod top only and 2 x D-5s only need one res.
Have a look HERE I've done a couple of reviews & guides for the Aquaero 5 but most of the setting up with the AQ 6 is the same, So give my guides a good read & you should soon begin to pick it up of how to connect what & where e.t.c....
will read the forums and your reviews :thumbsup: that is my understanding the 5 & 6 have pretty much the same connections.
Hard not to just place the order do not like throwing money down the toilet sort of speak by purchasing hardware not required need to Keep It simple Stupid. :rolleyes: some times that is easier said than done LOL.