• 27.04.2024, 12:43
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Cenedd

Answered: Pressure relief membrane

Mittwoch, 10. Dezember 2014, 20:48

I've just started filling my loop to leak test. I'm worried that because the Aqualis reservoir is mounted below the radiators, that the water will flow back and the pressure relief membrane will let the water escape into the case. Can this happen or am I worrying about nothing?
Many thanks,
Gareth

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Cenedd« (12. Dezember 2014, 17:19)

sverreb

unregistriert

Donnerstag, 11. Dezember 2014, 00:50

To flow back from your top mounted radiators the fluid would have to evacuate the radiator, unless atmospheric air can get there only vacuum can then remain. Vacuum excerts no pressure on the fluid, while atmospheric pressure works on the fluid in the reservoir. Atmospheric pressure is approximately equal to the pressure of a 10m water column, so unless your radiator is mounted more than 10m above your reservoir or atmospheric air can get into the radiator the water will be kept firmly in place and there will be no risk of overflowing the reservoir.

Cenedd

Donnerstag, 11. Dezember 2014, 21:08

Thank you Sverreb. It's really helpful to get an answer with an explanation behind it to back it up. For what it's worth, you were absolutely right. Once I'd closed the loop at the top by the radiator - which I had open to assist in letting the air out - I no longer had a problem with coolant flowing back into the reservoir.
Many thanks,
Gareth