• 27.04.2024, 19:03
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

mps D5 pump dropping USB connection

Donnerstag, 29. Januar 2015, 06:46

Hi guys,

I've recently re-built my loop and switched out regular D5 pumps (one had failed) and replaced them with 2x AQ D5 pumps (with USB and Aquabus).

I have a total of three mps devices. 2x D5 pumps and one high-flow USB flow meter. They are all connected to the Aquabus (4pin, via daisy chaining with y-connectors) to my 6XT. All three are directly connected to a separate USB header on my MoBo. MoBo is an Asus Sabertooth X79.

On initially hooking up - all three mps devices were visible on Aquasuite (2015 - 3). I renamed each D5 and assigned unique Aquabus addresses for each. The D5s have "Priority: aquabus" selected as I wish to control them from the 6XT/ Aquasuite.

After sometime one of the D5 pumps loses it's USB connection (USB with a red "X" icon instead of the little disk "save" icon). When this happens, the device is also not-visible via aquabus (pump speed not visible (orange warning) on my cooling stats page), and not listed under "currently connected aquabus devices" on the 6XT. (Can see the other 2 mps devices in this list).

Control and monitoring of this pump is recoverable only if I power down, and disconnect the USB header for this pump. It only recovers for a while. The connection is eventually lost again. I have tried different USB headers, and it still happens. I haven't tried changing the USB cable yet... but before I do too much troubleshooting... can anyone offer some suggestions?

Shoggy?

Freitag, 30. Januar 2015, 05:02

A bit of testing yields some more info: RPM has never been reported by the pump in question. Not via USB, nor Aquabus.I have swapped USB headers again - with the same result. I am going to reset the connection again, but this time leave the priority to: "USB" and leave it there. The problem does seem to occur when I switch back and forth from Aquabus to USB control and play with pump speeds.

For what it's worth... the pump closest to the XT6 in the Aquabus daisy chain is the one which correctly reports speed and doesn't drop connection. If the problem persists, I'll swap the order of the Aquabus connections.

Freitag, 30. Januar 2015, 16:09

I have had some similar issues, in particular the mps items de-listing from the 'attached mps items' list under the aquaero system section.

What appears to have resolved the issue for me was to:
1. physically disconnect the usb ports from the aquaero & the mps devices from the mobo
2. delete the aquaero & mps tabs (left side) in aquasuite (important)
3. power down & reconnect the usb ports
4. restart the machine

I don't know if that will work for you, but maybe worth a try.

Montag, 2. Februar 2015, 02:38

Thanks for your help InfoSeeker. I arrived home today to try that. No luck. Same issue and the pump when visible is still not reporting speed/ power/ voltage etc.