• 25.04.2024, 10:48
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Molex power for Aquaro (5) - need all 4 pins or just 12v + gnd?

Samstag, 14. Februar 2015, 12:51

Can the Aquaro 5 LT be powered just by the 12v and a GND pin or must it have all 4 pins? Or maybe just 12v, 5v and one GND?

Asking due to some cable-tidying I need to do, where it would be much neater with just 2 legs as I can do with some fans and such.

Hope some can answer this.

Sonntag, 15. Februar 2015, 04:59

Wondering if you can make a plug with just the 12v & gnd and test for function?

Sonntag, 15. Februar 2015, 16:32

Hi,
it´s simple you need 5V and Gnd for the working off the device and 12V only for the Outputs, Fans and Pumps and so on...
So 3 kabel is OK becouse the GND is twice (black kabel ) .

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 4 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Rostiger« (15. Februar 2015, 17:07)

Sonntag, 15. Februar 2015, 16:59

Wondering if you can make a plug with just the 12v & gnd and test for function?

I would do that if nobody knew :)

Hi,
it´s simple you need 5V and Gnd for the working off the device and 12V only for the Outputs, Fans and Pumps and so on...
So 3 kabel is OK becouse the GND is doble. (black kabel ) .

Thanks. :thumbsup:
My Aquaro doesn't deliver power for anything, so don't really need the 12v then. Only using it for Temp measures and such.

I originalle looked for a Molex splitter on a pcb board, but existing boards were way too big and they also cost 20-30 euros...
Considered buying stuff to make my own PCB, but that would be pretty expensive as well, since I don't have any of the items needed. Also can't find female molex plugs for PCB for some reason! 8|

Bought a cheap Molex to 6x fan board and soldered a copper row on the back, so one row of the fan outputs can deliver 5,7 or 12v. There is one GND in it also.
Image is before I soldered it.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Dintid« (15. Februar 2015, 17:01)

Sonntag, 15. Februar 2015, 17:26

Hi,
i downd know wath´s your hometown but ask " google " this knows everithink about your Molex waht you need !!
sorry for my englisch i am german.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Rostiger« (15. Februar 2015, 17:29)

Sonntag, 15. Februar 2015, 17:40

Hi,
i downd know wath´s your hometown but ask " google " this knows everithink about your Molex waht you need !!
sorry for my englisch i am german.

I don't know what you are trying to tell me? Seems like you might not understand what I'm asking :whistling: (really annoying to tell people to use Google. Everyone know that and it is very provocative to tell anyone what to do). If you just can't stop yourself at least take the time and Google it for the person you have to tell it to: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+to+use+let+me+google+it+for+you

I allready know about molex plugs. I just didn't know if Aquaro 5 LT needed more than just 12V and Ground.

I needed to know it in order to make a proper powerplug for Aquaro to use with the adapter I just made (images in above post).. or see if I needed to make a seperate real 4pin molex for the Aquaro.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 5 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Dintid« (15. Februar 2015, 17:44)

Sonntag, 15. Februar 2015, 18:29

Hi,
sorry for my answer the AC Team can help you better...

Sonntag, 15. Februar 2015, 18:39

Hi,
sorry for my answer the AC Team can help you better...

Thank you for trying to help.
I just find it strange and annoying how many in these forums just tell other people to use Google or read the manual.
Most people allready did try to solve their problems before asking a question here. Wouldn't ask if it was very easy to find the answer.. Easy is also not the same from one person to another, so I find it rude to imply that someone didn't try.

Sonntag, 15. Februar 2015, 22:19

I am using wago connector for splitting all my wires>\

2 way to extend.
3 way as Y>Splitter,
5 way as 4-way Y Splitter

http://www.wago.de/produkte/produktkatal…e-221/index.jsp

They fit exactly on a double adhesive tape, like the one here which is 2 cm wide, you can see photos here of what i did.

I used them also for creating a custom motherboard power cable, for integrating double soldered connectors. basically in the motherboard connector and PSU connector are inserted only single wires, whereas on the original cable multiple cables were double, with one being triple. After breaking down, the schmeatics, i did a similar circuit using the connectors for splitting the wires.

THats what the connectors near the PSU are for.

Using said connector i conected 6 fans to a single output of the aquaero PWM, using one 5 way and two 3 way splitter for each wire.

I am also powering for delta 40 mm fans directly to the psu, and wired their power and ground to the PSU, and their sense and PWM to aquaero.
Without these connectors it would have been a true mess. ANd the thing is i planned all of this without knowing these connectors existed, found out about them recently.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Bytales« (15. Februar 2015, 22:23)

Sonntag, 15. Februar 2015, 23:17

I am using wago connector for splitting all my wires>\

Pretty neat. Nothing to do with my question though :P

Is there a retailer somewhere for these boxes. I could use 1 of these 3-conductor boxes. I don't much like tape though :whistling:

Why do you have 2x 1200w PSUs?

Let me guess that you are studying to be an electrician or recently graduated and now earn money, which you use on this project? ;) (Cable management looks much like they taught us)

That said, it is not a good idea to remove the PSU double wires. They are in place for PSUs to monitor rises and dips in current (I might translate this in wrong terms). If you move it around it will propably still Work, but all the fancy 'intelligence' in the PSUs are effectly just shut Down. You might even lead a feedback signal back to the wrong rail and start a wrong response to suppress surges that really occurs on a totally different rail.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Dintid« (15. Februar 2015, 23:39)

Montag, 16. Februar 2015, 00:17

The wiring is basically the same, even if it is physically not the same.
Instead of 2 wires being close together in the connector end to make contact, they make contact a bit further away in the wago connector. From the electricity point of view, its the same, i would venture to say.

No, im just a doctor, namely im studying to be a vascular surgeon. I think i might have mistaked my job. At least it allows me to earn good money, but if i were to choose again, i would have become something else.
The good thing is beeing a doctor i learned how i can keep myself young forever (once you know how the body really works, its easy to draw this conclusion), so i might start to study something else once i am allowed to "stop working" at 65.

I need two 1300 PSUs because theres gonna be a lot of stuff to be powered inside the computer. Its basically thought to power up to
2x130W PSU, 2x295X2, 14x3.5inch hdd, 14x2.5SSD, up to 200/250W worth of fans&watercooling pumps, two USB hubs, 2 optical drives, extra raid card(it also has a 6pin power connector).
Im probably not going to go now 2x295x2 route as new cards are about to hit the corner, but who knows i might go 2x395x2 Route and if one card is going to be 500/600W then their going to pretty sweat the PSUs.

I meantioned the wago connectors, since i saw a Molex to 6 way fan connectors, something that i needed myself, and i did the splitting with wago connectors.

Montag, 16. Februar 2015, 00:31

I meantioned the wago connectors, since i saw a Molex to 6 way fan connectors, something that i needed myself, and i did the splitting with wago connectors.

The Wago connectors were actually the only thing that had any tiny bit of relevance to my question.

Seems more like you really have an urge to show off your build, so maybe make your own thread about it ;)

I used to make huge builds but find mini-itx more fun the past several years. Also fun to see that mini-itx is begun to be the new standard/new normal for anyone not using sli/xfire, which is the majortiy. Just look at bitfenix.. everyone and his mother has one of those.. I personally find it to be a very huge cabinet that doesn't qualify as mini.itx. :whistling:

Montag, 16. Februar 2015, 02:36

Seems more like you really have an urge to show off your build, so maybe make your own thread about it ;)

There is thread about it on overclock net, no need to do that about here. I just commented, mentioning the wago connectors, when i saw the 6 way fan splitter.

Montag, 16. Februar 2015, 06:27

There is thread about it on overclock net, no need to do that about here. I just commented, mentioning the wago connectors, when i saw the 6 way fan splitter.

And it looks nice. It was also a big thread highjack even though you didn't do it deliberately ;)

Where did you buy the Wago Connectors?

I have a casemod there as well. Completely different style, where it is important to be no bigger than necessary. Also did PSU wiring as you, to make wires be the right length etc.
http://www.overclock.net/t/1533741/build…m-watercooling/

Montag, 16. Februar 2015, 09:35

I ordered the connectors von amazon.de

Montag, 16. Februar 2015, 10:09

Never knew there was an amazon.de :rolleyes:

Do I understand it correctly that you get 50 of these boxes for EUR 16? Or do I misunderstand something :wacko:
http://www.amazon.de/Wago-Verbindungskle…2&keywords=Wago

Montag, 16. Februar 2015, 10:41

Do I understand it correctly that you get 50 of these boxes for EUR 16? Or do I misunderstand something :wacko:

The 2 way connectors are 100 in one box, the 3 way are 50 and the 5 way are 40, something like that, il check home to tell you exactly, but i believe it to be so.

The 5 way i needed 6 more connectors, so i wanted to get another box, but there werent any more to be found, so i found an website that sells them by the piece, it was 75 cents each, so i got only 6 more this way.

Montag, 16. Februar 2015, 13:33

The 2 way connectors are 100 in one box, the 3 way are 50 and the 5 way are 40, something like that, il check home to tell you exactly, but i believe it to be so.

The 5 way i needed 6 more connectors, so i wanted to get another box, but there werent any more to be found, so i found an website that sells them by the piece, it was 75 cents each, so i got only 6 more this way.

wow, that is rather excessive!