• 28.04.2024, 06:17
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Aquaero 6 LT?

Samstag, 2. Januar 2016, 20:15

I have seen a few people including myself express interest in this. I don't need the screen, and its too expensive, but I don't want to buy an outdated product like the Aquaero 5 LT. Will this be released sometime?

By the way, how much longer will the Aquaero 5 be sold and supported?

Thank you

Samstag, 2. Januar 2016, 22:23

the a5 is basically a scaled down a6.,it's still highly popular so im sure it'll be around for a good while.

RE: Aquaero 6 LT?

Sonntag, 3. Januar 2016, 02:06

I have seen a few people including myself express interest in this. I don't need the screen, and its too expensive, but I don't want to buy an outdated product like the Aquaero 5 LT. Will this be released sometime?

Thank you

Indications from aquacomputer has been that there will NOT be a 6LT. Things may change, but that is their last stated position I saw.

RE: RE: Aquaero 6 LT?

Sonntag, 3. Januar 2016, 05:12

Thank you

Indications from aquacomputer has been that there will NOT be a 6LT. Things may change, but that is their last stated position I saw.
I can concur that this is correct.

Dienstag, 5. Januar 2016, 03:25

I run the fans really low when my system is idle, which is most of the time. Two case fans off, the other two around 35%, plenty of cooling for idle. But I heard the Aquaero 5 overheats when running fans at low speeds. They are 3-pin fans. Is it really that bad? Would if the fans are off?

How much longer will the Aquaero 5 LT be supported? At least 3+ years? I like to future proof and get a long life out of things and get my moneies worth. What elce is this good for besides controlling fans and pumps? How does the lighting control work? I can't really find much documentation.

Thank you.

Dienstag, 5. Januar 2016, 04:42

You can see your Fan amplifier temperatures in aquasuite under the aquaero > Sensors tab.
temps.jpg

The aquaero 6 is much more efficient in the fan control module than the aquaero 5, and it is generally recommended to have at least a Passive heat sink installed.
There is also a Water block available, depending on what you see on the amplfier temperatures

As to documentation, have you read the documentation available online? It also covers the aquasuite software.

Dienstag, 5. Januar 2016, 22:19

You can see your Fan amplifier temperatures in aquasuite under the aquaero > Sensors tab.
[attach]5538[/attach]
Cool. Does the Aquaero 5 show the temps too, or just the 6?

As to documentation, have you read the documentation available online? It also covers the aquasuite software.
The documentation link did not work. Here is the correct link. It helps, but I am still confused about some things. Like what are the PWM outputs used for?

Zitat

The aquaero 6 is much more efficient in the fan control module than the
aquaero 5, and it is generally recommended to have at least a Passive heat sink installed.

There is also a Water block available, depending on what you see on the amplfier temperatures
What do you mean by its inefficient? The fans use extra power at slow
speeds? They don't slow fully or evenly? Will there be a problem with
having two connected fans off, and the other two around 35%?

Thank you :)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »flyoffacliff« (5. Januar 2016, 22:27)

Mittwoch, 6. Januar 2016, 04:23

Cool. Does the Aquaero 5 show the temps too, or just the 6?
Yes, the aquaero 5 and 5 LT show the Fan Amplifier temps also.

The documentation link did not work. Here is the correct link. It helps, but I am still confused about some things. Like what are the PWM outputs used for?
The 4-pin PWM terminal(s) are for PWM controlled fans/pumps and the 2-pin PWM terminals are generally used for LEDs.

What do you mean by its inefficient? The fans use extra power at slow speeds? They don't slow fully or evenly? Will there be a problem with having two connected fans off, and the other two around 35%?
You should be fine with either the 5LT, 5 or 6 with your requirements.
Read this aquaero 6 introductory post, it should help you understand the differences.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »InfoSeeker« (6. Januar 2016, 04:24)

Donnerstag, 7. Januar 2016, 04:33

I run the fans really low when my system is idle, which is most of the time. Two case fans off, the other two around 35%, plenty of cooling for idle. But I heard the Aquaero 5 overheats when running fans at low speeds. They are 3-pin fans. Is it really that bad? Would if the fans are off?

How much longer will the Aquaero 5 LT be supported? At least 3+ years? I like to future proof and get a long life out of things and get my moneies worth. What elce is this good for besides controlling fans and pumps? How does the lighting control work? I can't really find much documentation.

Thank you.

Powering only 4 fans the Aq5 will not even get warm. It takes a few fans on each channel or a reasonable current draw before it will start to get more than just warm at low volts.

The Aq5 and Aq6 use the same basic tech so as long as the 6 is supported the 5 will be too. Certainly has plenty of life in it yet. No such thing as future proofing when it comes to electronics though.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Jakusonfire« (7. Januar 2016, 04:36)

Sonntag, 10. Januar 2016, 10:37

Zitat

The aquaero 6 is much more efficient in the fan control module than the
aquaero 5, and it is generally recommended to have at least a Passive heat sink installed.

What do you mean by its inefficient? The fans use extra power at slow
speeds? They don't slow fully or evenly? Will there be a problem with
having two connected fans off, and the other two around 35%?

Thank you :)
@ Flyoffacliff :
I installed the passive heatsink on my AQ 5 LT and I confirm that the amplifiers temperatures decreased of almost 15°C. :thumbup:
I recommend it.

Montag, 25. Januar 2016, 13:44

Hi,

I was also looking for the non-existing LT version of the Aquaero 6. My chassis has no bays, and the place I'm planning to mount it does not have a lot of airflow, so I'm kinda hooked on the PWM fan headers of the 6 as opposed to the voltage controlled header on the 5 LT.

So I'm a bit conflicted about which version to get.

Do I get the 6, and remove the LCD, and use the base board alone.
Will that even work?

or

Do I get the 5 LT, and hope it does not overheat.
How hot does it run with 7-8 fans?
How much airflow does it need with the heat sink to keep cool?

Montag, 25. Januar 2016, 20:50

You have at least one PWM header on the AQ5 LT, and this is the header I will use with a DDC-Laing PWM pump.

Dienstag, 26. Januar 2016, 08:31

Yeah it depends on what you want to spend and how many fans you want to control at low voltage.

The 5lt can control quite a few fans and a single pwm channel. It does get a bit warm if you have a few fans or power hungry devices. 8 good quality fans like Corsair SP 120 is no problem at all. The Heatsink on my old Aq5 never had an special direct airflow and ran 12 Corsair comfortably. Other fans like for instance Noiseblocker can be much more power hungry and as a result you can use fewer of them before temps get out of control. There is a thread on here somewhere where a guy was running some Eloop b12-4 and his Aq5 was maxing out in temp so the controller was constantly ramping the fans up to full speed and back again to lower the heat.

The 6 pro can be used without the display. It separates quite easily. The 6 is the opposite of the 5 in that it gets cooler with lower voltages. It can handle many more fans at low voltages. It also has 4 available pwm channels.

The price difference is substantial so if you don't plan on ever building a larger system the 5 will do fine. I think the 6 is worth the extra money just for the flexibility of the extra pwm channels though.

You just gotta weigh up what matters to you.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Jakusonfire« (26. Januar 2016, 12:02)

Dienstag, 26. Januar 2016, 09:36

Thanks a lot for clearing that up for me.

I think I'll go with the 6 to get the cooler board with the PWM controlled headers. I'm a little sad to pay for a display I'm not going to use, but given the amount of money I have already sunk into my build, I suppose it won't matter much :)

I assume that the 6 also come together easily as well :). So if I take it apart an only use the base board, I can easily reattach it later if I get another case and want the display.

Dienstag, 26. Januar 2016, 18:57

I assume that the 6 also come together easily as well :). So if I take it apart an only use the base board, I can easily reattach it later if I get another case and want the display.

Exactly and its backwards compatible with voltage controlled fans. I had to first assign every channel to PWM through the software.