• 20.04.2024, 03:09
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Daisy chaining multiple fans on Aquaero 6--PWM Question

Donnerstag, 4. Februar 2016, 01:34

In a thread from a few years ago when the A6 was introduced, someone wrote:

"Daisy chaining multiple fans together on a Y-cable is possible, but be sure that only one RPM signal is reported back to the AE."

I need to do this but is not clear. If I want to put 4 fans on one A6 PWM header with a splitter do I get 1 4-pin PWM fan and 3 3-pin fans? Will that mane sure that only one RPM signal is reported back? I understand the concept
and am not sure if it is a change in fans (yeah, a bit cheaper) or a mod to the 3 connectors on the "y" cable.

Thank you very much. Brand new to AQ products and I have to say I am very impressed.

Oh, for those of us who are color blind, can these forums please use a different "human checker" The colored text on colored background is invisible for half of mine. Also, they are usually 4-6 characters. These are really long.
Why not a random number generator that does "4 - 2" = and you enter the text. I have seen that on the internet. it is colorblind friendly and quick to enter. I have no idea if it is fully bot proof.

Thank you, collectively, for your help. I have been reading for hours and can't figure the answer to this question.

--Jeffrey
Scarsdale, NY.

RE: Daisy chaining multiple fans on Aquaero 6--PWM Question

Donnerstag, 4. Februar 2016, 02:44

I need to do this but is not clear. If I want to put 4 fans on one A6 PWM header with a splitter do I get 1 4-pin PWM fan and 3 3-pin fans? Will that mane sure that only one RPM signal is reported back? I understand the concept
and am not sure if it is a change in fans (yeah, a bit cheaper) or a mod to the 3 connectors on the "y" cable.

Alright. First you need to understand there are two options in fans.

3-pin = Voltage Controlled

4-pin = PWM (Pulse Width Modulation)

Its really simple. If you want to use 3-pin fans (voltage), you could use either 3-pin or 4-pin and if you want to use 4-pin fans (PWM), you can only use 4-pin Y-splitters and extensions.

You need to make sure which ever you use, you configure the AQ's channels as they are compatible with either or.

Donnerstag, 4. Februar 2016, 02:54

when using a splitter cable just make sure only one fan has the rpm wire regardless be it two or more fans on the splitter.the fan header can only have one signal coming to it,so essentially all the fans run the same rpm assuming they have the same specs.
you can buy splitter cables that has only one rpm wire or just use a regular 4 pin wire and remove the extra 4 pin wire.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »barfly« (4. Februar 2016, 02:57)

Donnerstag, 4. Februar 2016, 03:04

3 pin fans still have an rpm wire and won't work properly on a pwm header

When they say only a single rpm signal they are talking about the wiring of the splitter cable. Four wires come out of the Aquaero but only a single fan will be connected to all of them. The other fans just skip the rpm wire connection but have the other 3.

Some splitter cables or boards come wired that way and some don't.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Jakusonfire« (4. Februar 2016, 03:07)

Donnerstag, 4. Februar 2016, 03:06

Ok, great. I didn't know there was a "only one 4 pin" Y cabe. Now, I will track that down.

So the 3 non-PWM / 1 PWM fan option doesn't work since PWM doesn't regulate RPM based on voltage whereas the 3-pin non-PWM fans do? Just want to make sure I got the electronics of this correct in my mind.

I appreciate the quick response.

Donnerstag, 4. Februar 2016, 03:57

When they say only a single rpm signal they are talking about the wiring of the splitter cable. Four wires come out of the Aquaero but only a single fan will be connected to all of them. The other fans just skip the rpm wire connection but have the other 3.

thx for reiterating my post virtually word for word :D

Donnerstag, 4. Februar 2016, 08:46

Yep, that happens when you are both typing at the same time.

Although mine makes more sense. There was enough confusion already without saying things like make sure only one fas has an RPM wire ... They all still have RPM wires of course ;)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Jakusonfire« (4. Februar 2016, 08:48)

Donnerstag, 4. Februar 2016, 10:56

Alright Jakuson, no need to call out folks. The OP obviously didn't understand the difference between voltage and PWM until I explained it. I could have added the points you made about the importance of the signal wire but there's no need to come off as an ass.

Donnerstag, 4. Februar 2016, 14:34

Sorry, no insult or bandwidth waste intended. I was just trying to use my words to make sure I understood what you kindly posted.

Thank you again.

Donnerstag, 4. Februar 2016, 17:47

They all still have RPM wires of course
actually no they dont all have rpm wires as having more than one will confuse the fan header and cause erratic readings,there can only be one fan -rpm- signal,im sure this is what was meant.

Sonntag, 7. Februar 2016, 05:33

Alright Jakuson, no need to call out folks. The OP obviously didn't understand the difference between voltage and PWM until I explained it. I could have added the points you made about the importance of the signal wire but there's no need to come off as an ass.

What are you, you post police?
Nobody was being called out, it was actually a light hearted barb about posting the same info when they were clearly being written at the same time. Something that happens all the time in forums.
There's no need to come off as a douche that thinks the forum revolves around themselves and every post must relate to them.

They all still have RPM wires of course
actually no they dont all have rpm wires as having more than one will confuse the fan header and cause erratic readings,there can only be one fan -rpm- signal,im sure this is what was meant.

Of curse they still have rpm wires. They aren't removed from the fan are they. They just aren't all connected back to the control header by the splitter harness or pcb.
That needed to be made clear seeing as the OP seemed confused by the difference between 3 and 4 pin fans.
Saying make sure only one fan has an rpm wire sounds very much like make sure the wire is missing from the others.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 6 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Jakusonfire« (8. Februar 2016, 22:12)

Sonntag, 7. Februar 2016, 12:44

it was actually a light hearted barb about posting the same info when they were clearly being written at the same time. Something that happens all the time in forums.

Man...you must type slow given the 10m time difference between posts. :)

This is all being made to be more difficult than it needs to be.

You need this.

http://www.performance-pcs.com/ek-cable-…n-pwm-10cm.html

Granted it's only for three fans...I can't find a cable that supports four. You'd need to double up on/daisy chain the cables.

Alternatively, get one of these...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Phobya-8x-4-Pin-…M/dp/B00OD7MO6E

And you have room to grow.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Railgun« (7. Februar 2016, 12:46)

Montag, 8. Februar 2016, 21:47

it was actually a light hearted barb about posting the same info when they were clearly being written at the same time. Something that happens all the time in forums.

Man...you must type slow given the 10m time difference between posts. :)

This is all being made to be more difficult than it needs to be.

You need this.

http://www.performance-pcs.com/ek-cable-…n-pwm-10cm.html

Granted it's only for three fans...I can't find a cable that supports four. You'd need to double up on/daisy chain the cables.

Alternatively, get one of these...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Phobya-8x-4-Pin-…M/dp/B00OD7MO6E

And you have room to grow.

Or Perhaps some of that was reading the preceding posts and I just didn't refresh to check for new posts before posting. Is this honestly a new concept? Being Ninja'd. Cause it happens like all the time.
Mostly people don't just don't feel the need to be so petulant as to say "I just said that" especially when that isn't the case.

The OP asked for an explanation of why, not what to buy.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Jakusonfire« (8. Februar 2016, 22:10)