• 16.04.2024, 12:20
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Aquaero 6 connections

Samstag, 2. Juli 2016, 10:00

Hello,

I'm trying for the first time to combine the Aquaero 6 XT with 2 Poweradjust 3 an Aqua Computer D5 pump motor with USB and a farbwerk USB with Bluetooth aquabus version.

Can anyone please tell me if the attached image has the connections right?

Also, do I have to connect the USB from each part to motherboard or it's enough to connect just the one from Aquaero?

Thanks you in advance!

Samstag, 2. Juli 2016, 10:06

This is wrong!

First: Connect the pumpe directly to 12V (PSU Connector), The first aquabus connection (4 pin) to the pump. With an aquabus y-cable to the farbwerk, than to poweradjusts.
The pump is not controlled by Voltage.

You must every pcb setup via USB with the aquasuite.

Samstag, 2. Juli 2016, 10:24

A little bit more help please:

1. The pump power must be plugged into the PSU;
2. From Aquaero High aquabus I go to the pump aquabus;
3. I connect an aquabus y-cable from the farbwerk aquabus to both poweadjust aquabus

Questions:

1. Do I need a 4 pin cable between Aquaero aquabus to the pump ot the 3 pins is enough?
2. How do I connect the farbwerk and the poweradjust to Aquaero? You only told me how to interconnect them.

Thanks!

Samstag, 2. Juli 2016, 10:40

1. Do I need a 4 pin cable between Aquaero aquabus to the pump ot the 3 pins is enough?

The pump needs an 4-Pin Connection.

1. aquaero -> 4Pin Y- Splitter
2. 4Pin Cable to pump
3. 3 pin cable from splitter to farbwerk.
4. from farbwerk with 3 pin cable to poweradjust

Samstag, 2. Juli 2016, 10:45

So I need a 4 pins spliter to 4 pins / 3 pins? Can you recommend one? I never seen such thing.

Samstag, 2. Juli 2016, 11:00

So I need a 4 pins spliter to 4 pins / 3 pins?
When you need 4 Pin cable you need an 4 Pin splitter.

http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info…roducts_id=3420
or
http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info…roducts_id=2847

Samstag, 2. Juli 2016, 11:10

...so a 4 pins Female cable from Aquaero to 2 x 4 pins Male and one of this I extend to pump with a 4 pins extension and the other to the farbwerk with a 3 pins extension. After that, from farbwerk, 3 pins to 2 x 3 pins for powerajust. Also 5 USB cables from each component to the motherboard.

Is this correct?

Samstag, 2. Juli 2016, 11:13

this wiring looks good

Samstag, 2. Juli 2016, 11:14

Thanks a lot Sebastian!

Samstag, 2. Juli 2016, 22:59

May I just jump in here (purely out of curiosity).

Why is a 3-pin cable used in the first y-splitter to the Farbwerk when it actually has a 4-pin Aquabus connector?

Do you really need 5 permanent USB 2.0 connections? I know you have to connect each device separately to set the device ID, but is a dedicated USB connection needed after that? I know AC now sells a very smart little internal USB 2.0 hub that would solve the lack of USB 2.0 ports, but on most motherboards it would be a problems (Things like the Corsair i series PSUs also want an internal USB 2.0 connection).

Sonntag, 3. Juli 2016, 17:58

this wiring looks good

I dont think a Y splitter is required for the aquabus wirin.
The way it was drawn in the first picture, through daisy chaining should work, I mean thats the logic behind putting 2 Aquabus ports on the power adjusts. Or not ?

Sonntag, 3. Juli 2016, 23:15

splitter is required because the pump need a 4-Pin aquabus and the farbwerk, poweradjust etc. need 3-Pin

Samstag, 9. Juli 2016, 02:03

splitter is required because the pump need a 4-Pin aquabus and the farbwerk, poweradjust etc. need 3-Pin
But if it requires a 3-pin connection, why does the Farbwerk have 4-pin header? (I get that the Poweradjust needs a 3-pin connection so a splitter is required at some point).

Samstag, 9. Juli 2016, 02:21

But if it requires a 3-pin connection, why does the Farbwerk have 4-pin header? (I get that the Poweradjust needs a 3-pin connection so a splitter is required at some point).
4-pin gives power to some devices that need it when 3--pin doesn't.

Samstag, 9. Juli 2016, 03:15

4-pin gives power to some devices that need it when 3--pin doesn't.
Yes, and if you use a splitter prior to the 4-pin header, it won't get that power if it needs it, and if it doesn't need it the header makes no sense. See my confusion?

Samstag, 9. Juli 2016, 04:20

Yes, and if you use a splitter prior to the 4-pin header, it won't get that power if it needs it, and if it doesn't need it the header makes no sense. See my confusion?

Argh... the old 3-pin vs 4-pin aquabus conundrum... the simplest solution is to ALWAYS use 4-pin splitters and 4-pin cables for aquabus.
That way, all devices that need power from the 4th pin will have it, and those that do not, will just ignore the 4th pin.

To restate it:
All aquabus devices can use a 4-pin cable.
Not all aquabus devices can use a 3-pin cable.

Samstag, 9. Juli 2016, 06:31

Argh... the old 3-pin vs 4-pin aquabus conundrum... the simplest solution is to ALWAYS use 4-pin splitters and 4-pin cables for aquabus.
That way, all devices that need power from the 4th pin will have it, and those that do not, will just ignore the 4th pin.

To restate it:
All aquabus devices can use a 4-pin cable.
Not all aquabus devices can use a 3-pin cable.
That right there is the best way to configure the Aquabus chain.