• 24.04.2024, 08:49
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Basic flow test needed.

Mittwoch, 10. August 2016, 19:16

I understand that flow measurement in any loop is not an accurate science, as there are just too many variables to accommodate. So, I guess my requirement is quite simple as I just need to ensure that I have coolant flow in the CPU loop.

I'm using an Aquaero 6 XT and [aquacomputer] D5 with USB and Aquabus ports.

Would I just connect to the Tacho port using an appropriate cable ? If so which cable and where do I connect the other end ?

Or, could I just make use of the Aquabus port to control both the speed of the pump and alarm if rotation stops, presumably using the same Bus Address ?

Any guidance to offer please ?

Lyndon

RE: Basic flow test needed.

Mittwoch, 10. August 2016, 20:45

Zitat

Would I just connect to the Tacho port using an appropriate cable ? If so which cable and where do I connect the other end ?

If I understand correctly, yes.

The TACHO (pump) or RPM (aquaero) port would be connected to the motherboard's CPU fan header using a standard fan cable.
Both the pump's TACHO port and the aquaero's RPM port generate a fictitious RPM that can be set to zero using their respective alarm modules.
The motherboards bios must be set to monitor the CPU fan and shutdown the system if the RPM goes to zero

The TACHO port would be used if the pump is connected via USB to the motherboard.
The RPM port would be used if the aquabus connection is used.
Either may be used if both USB and aquabus connections are used.

Donnerstag, 11. August 2016, 11:52

Thanks for the detail.

Just confirm my understanding then:

1. What exactly does the Aquaero RPM port produce, assuiming the D5 is connected via the AquaBus [not via the D5 Tacho o/p]. Is it a simple binary 1/0 representing Running/Stopped, or does it give actual rpm detail to the Mobo CPU Fan input ?

2. Also is the feed from the Aquaero > Aquabus mono directional i.e. it simply speeds up or slows down the pump, dependant on external sensor input, it does not poll or receive data from the D5 itself ?

Thanks,

LJ

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »LJHAQUACOM« (11. August 2016, 11:54)

Donnerstag, 11. August 2016, 23:49

Thanks for the detail.

Just confirm my understanding then:

1. What exactly does the Aquaero RPM port produce, assuiming the D5 is connected via the AquaBus [not via the D5 Tacho o/p]. Is it a simple binary 1/0 representing Running/Stopped, or does it give actual rpm detail to the Mobo CPU Fan input ?

2. Also is the feed from the Aquaero > Aquabus mono directional i.e. it simply speeds up or slows down the pump, dependant on external sensor input, it does not poll or receive data from the D5 itself ?

Thanks,

LJ

1. It is NOT an actual RPM, I have not seen a number published, but it is probably between 1000 and 2000 RPM.
The RPM output is totally independent of a pump being connected or not, it is directly related to the alarm module which can set the output to zero.
ANY parameter available to the alarm module (reservoir level, temperature, pump running, etc.) can be used to trigger the RPM output to zero.

2. The aquabus is bidirectional, it monitors the pump and can control the pump if aquabus is set as the controlling comm channel.
My system is down atm, and I do not remember what all is available to monitor on the pump, but probably just RPM, and that is is functioning... not sure about temps.

Freitag, 12. August 2016, 16:31

Hi InfoSeeker,

Sorry to be a pain but although the hard/software from Aqaucomputer sets a very high standard, the documentation can be somewhat lacking in places.

In the context of your reply, what is the 'alarm module' and where is it ?

Cheers,

LJ

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »LJHAQUACOM« (12. August 2016, 16:34)

Freitag, 12. August 2016, 22:12

My water cooled system was killed recently, so I am not able to give the exact text, but this is what I remember:

There are multiple tabs under the aquaero tab in aquasuite.
one should be something like configure alarms
and there may be a second called alarms
play with those

Also, if devices are connected by USB, some will have an alarm setup under their tab

And examine the alarm configuration chapter in the manual