• 25.04.2024, 07:14
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

35 fans + 2 pumps = how much stuff?

Montag, 21. Dezember 2015, 18:25

I have created a monster of a PC, with 35 fans (4x 480mm rads with push-push, plus 3 case fans) and 2 pumps (dual loop).
I did the mistake of going with molex-PWM splitters and connect everything to the motherboard. It works, but no where as good as I though, as I have minimal control over it (can only set it to CPU temp, leaving no separate control over GPU loop).

If I get 2 Aquaero 6, one for each loop, so does that leaves 16 fans per Aquaro along with a pump, for 60 watt split on 5 channels (if I can get the pump away from 4-pin fan header).
Can I use the 2-pin PWM for pumps signal (molex power) (with a 4-pin to 2-pin cable)?

Does that work or do I need to go with molex-PWM splitters again?

If I ditch the PWM fans and go the Poweradjust 3 route, can I run the system without splitters?
1x Aquaero 6, 4x Poweradjust 3 and a PWM pump per loop, would be the result then.

Or can I control both loops from 1 Aquaro 6 (gpu temp controls half, cpu temp control other half), so I get away with only 1 total?
1x Aquaero 6, 8x Poweradjust 3 and 2x PWM pump, would be the result then.

Dienstag, 22. Dezember 2015, 13:01

A single Aquaero 6 will do the job fine.

The 2pin PWM outputs on the Aquaero are not for PWM devices. It is a form of voltage control that is really designed for lighting ... hence the lack of RPM pins.

If you tell us what exact fans and pumps you have we can give you better info, but adding 8 poweradjust units is certainly not necessary, unless for some reason you really want that many seperate channels. Using dual Aquaero was often necessary witnh the Aq5 just because of the tremendous heat that lots of fans created at low volts but the Aq6 makes that almost entirely unnecessary now.

I would put all the fans onto a couple of channels and the pumps an a third, or a channel each for the pumps if you want dual independant loops. Maybe even leave the pumps to motherboard control. Though I would have chosen Aquabus pumps so they did not take up fan headers anyway.

Maybe if you tell us why you feel like an Aquaero and 4 poweradjust would be needed for each loop and how that would be set up we can get an idea of where you are at?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 5 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Jakusonfire« (22. Dezember 2015, 13:13)

Mittwoch, 23. Dezember 2015, 11:18

The thought was to run 100% without splitters, which is why 4 Poweradjust was needed per loop.
And the reason for why I wanted an Aquaero for each loop, was that to ensure that they only effected the pump and fans for that loop.

Maybe thats stupid, but I'm getting tired of finding solutions that dont work optimal.

As for what I will plug into them, so do I have EK F4-120ER 2200 PWM and EK D5 PWM atm.
The pumps are not ideal for my setup, so will have to change them to something with more head pressure. Since I'm going with Aquaero, so might I get a version of Aquasteam.
The fans works, but I'm not happy with the noise on them. But with 2x Aquaero, so would I only need 4x 8 way PWM splitters to make it work, assuming I can find a high quality splitter.

The fan I'm thinking about to replace my current fans with, is https://www.overclockers.co.uk/overclock…-fg-052-sv.html
Its a 3W fan (0,25A), so 32 of those is 96W.
With 8 fans per radiator, so would it be idiotic to run bigger then 8 way splitters.
That means I need 4 channels, which I guess works straight up with 2 Aquaero.
But I could extend it with 2 Poweradjust per Aquaero, so I would not need big splitters. The only reason for that, is that I like to cable sleeve and big splitters are a pain to deal with.

Freitag, 25. Dezember 2015, 14:33

Before I get ahead of my self, can Aquaero 6 controll 2 pumps for 2 loops independent?
As in, pump 1 reacts to CPU temp, while pump 2 reacts to GPU temp?

Also, can Aquaero 5 LT USB fan controller do the same or is that just with Aquastream XT pumps?

Since the pumps are the biggest problem right now, so might I as well start there.

And speaking of pump problems, does
Aquaero need the pc to be on?
As in, can I plug in the Aquaero and use it to control the speed of the pumps during filling?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »OddsCrazyStuff« (25. Dezember 2015, 14:34)

Freitag, 25. Dezember 2015, 21:47

If you stick with EKs D5 PWM pumps you will not be able to control them. They do not follow the official PWM specifications.

Adjusting the speed of the pumps by the temperature of the CPU or GPU is just stupid... Keep in mind that these temperature values jump up and down within a larger range within a few seconds. Your pumps would do a rollercoaster all the time :D

The aquaero 5 has only one PWM enabled fan port. If these pumps were compatible (but they are not) you could control them the same way as with the aquaero 6. The aquaero 5 and 6 use the same firmware, so besides some changes in the hardware the monitoring and control stuff is the same.

The aquaero (with display) can be configured without the PC.You can do almost everything directly through its own menu. If you connect two aquastream XT pumps it will not work because you would have to change the aquabus ID number of one pump which is only possible via USB. Imagine it as a network where each device requires a unique IP address ;)

Freitag, 25. Dezember 2015, 22:13

Zitat

Before I get ahead of my self, can Aquaero 6 controll 2 pumps for 2 loops independent?
As in, pump 1 reacts to CPU temp, while pump 2 reacts to GPU temp?
Yes you can.
You would configure a software sensor for the CPU and another for the GPU and use them to drive a controller each.
If you have 2 GPUs, you cam make a third software sensor for it, then make a virtual sensor from the two GPU software sensors that gives the maximum temperature of the two, and use the virtual sensor to drive the GPU controller.
Personally, I would not control my pumps from processor temperatures. Those temperatures fluctuate rapidly, and you would probably kill the pumps before their MTBF. Plus I don't believe it does much good for cooling.
Just use a preset controller to set the pumps to deliver the flow rate you want, and leave them alone.

More useful to make a virtual sensor from the delta between ambient air and the water temps and use it to control the fans.

Zitat

Also, can Aquaero 5 LT USB fan controller do the same or is that just with Aquastream XT pumps?
Not sure what you are asking, but the 5LT is just a 5 without the display. I believe the 5 and 6 are basically the same except fan control capability and options.

Zitat

And speaking of pump problems, does Aquaero need the pc to be on?
As in, can I plug in the Aquaero and use it to control the speed of the pumps during filling?
Yes, just pull your ATX plug from the motherboard and use one of these. Then you can turn on the PSU and the aquaero will run without power to the motherboard.

EDIT: oops, ninja'd by the pro.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »InfoSeeker« (25. Dezember 2015, 22:21)

Freitag, 25. Dezember 2015, 23:31

If you stick with EKs D5 PWM pumps you will not be able to control them. They do not follow the official PWM specifications.
That might explain why my system has so much problems with the pumps, its getting confused by the PWM signal.
Oh well, I was getting new pumps anyway, as my current D5s dont work well with my loop.

Zitat

Adjusting the speed of the pumps by the temperature of the CPU or GPU is
just stupid... Keep in mind that these temperature values jump up and
down within a larger range within a few seconds. Your pumps would do a
rollercoaster all the time :D
Normally so does I do things for hours at the time, so having the system react to temperatures at a level step, is the ideal setup.
Below 30C level, below 40C level and above 50C level, or something alone those lines.
But whether or not the pumps needs to react as well as the fans, depends on the noise from the pumps.

Zitat

The aquaero 5 has only one PWM enabled fan port. If these pumps were
compatible (but they are not) you could control them the same way as
with the aquaero 6. The aquaero 5 and 6 use the same firmware, so
besides some changes in the hardware the monitoring and control stuff is
the same.
So I can get an aquaero 5 and connect 2 aquastream xt to it, as long as its setup first?
That would be the cheapest option and also the only option if I want something else in the drive bays.

Zitat

The aquaero (with display) can be configured without
the PC.You can do almost everything directly through its own menu. If
you connect two aquastream XT pumps it will not work because you would
have to change the aquabus ID number of one pump which is only possible
via USB. Imagine it as a network where each device requires a unique IP
address ;)
The only time I would need it without usb, is during filling. But since my system is running atm, so can I configure everything before I take it apart for upgrades.

Samstag, 26. Dezember 2015, 00:34

So I can get an aquaero 5 and connect 2 aquastream xt to it, as long as its setup first?

Yes, that is possible. Would also "work" without a previous setup but in this case the pumps will just run in automatic control mode - more than enough to fill the system if you ask me.

Samstag, 26. Dezember 2015, 01:43

Yes, that is possible. Would also "work" without a previous setup but in this case the pumps will just run in automatic control mode - more than enough to fill the system if you ask me.
Thats what EK said about there D5 as well, but I needed to use my streaming pc as a controller, to even have a chance at filling it.
So can I setup the speed before hand and use power button on PSU as full speed/no speed?

If that works, so can I get away with an aquaero 5 and 2 poweradjust. Meaning 130 euro for control setup.
To make things simple, so I'm sticking to 4 or 8 way splitters, 12W or 24W.
So the aquaero gets 4x 12W + the 2 aquastreme xt, then use the 2 power adjust to hock up the rest of the fans (24W+24W).

Samstag, 26. Dezember 2015, 18:47

In my opinion you worry way too much about the setup of the pumps when you fill the system. If they run slow or fast does not really matter.

As said you can not control them when you connect two aquastream pumps because they will use the same Aquarius ID by default.

Samstag, 26. Dezember 2015, 19:06

In my opinion you worry way too much about the setup of the pumps when you fill the system. If they run slow or fast does not really matter.

As said you can not control them when you connect two aquastream pumps because they will use the same Aquarius ID by default.
It does matter. Without any kind of control, so did I need 3+ hours to fill my loops. When I used my 2nd pc as a controller, so did I do it in 30 min or so.
So it mattered, at least with the D5s.

I only need to be able to control 1 at the time, during filling, after that so should default speed be enough.

Mittwoch, 19. Oktober 2016, 10:42

Hi, I'm new around here and new to the watercooling. This thread nearly resolved my doubts but just to be sure: I want to use Aquaero 6 PRO with 16 fans (8 per channel), two flow sensors (Koolance), two temperature sensors, one Farbwerk and two D5 pumps. I have dual loop so I want each sensor and each pump on a seperate channel to controll them independently. Do I need these pumps with aquabus interface to fully controll them via software or it can be any D5 pump?

Samstag, 22. Oktober 2016, 01:18

Hi, I'm new around here and new to the watercooling. This thread nearly resolved my doubts but just to be sure: I want to use Aquaero 6 PRO with 16 fans (8 per channel), two flow sensors (Koolance), two temperature sensors, one Farbwerk and two D5 pumps. I have dual loop so I want each sensor and each pump on a seperate channel to controll them independently. Do I need these pumps with aquabus interface to fully controll them via software or it can be any D5 pump?

16 fans on 2 channels is doable, but dependent on the fans. The capacity on the aquaero 6 Pro is 2.5A per channel.

Your best bet is to use the aquabus option with the aquaero, then you can easily run the following:
2 aquacomputer MPS flow sensors (instead of Koolance)
2 aquacomputer D5 pumps with USB & aquabus
most any temp sensors u wish
and the Farbwerk.

You will be able to control/monitor both pumps and flow sensors (1 each per loop) with the aquabus.
You will retain all four fan channels in case you want to add fans or reduce the fans per channel.

Sonntag, 23. Oktober 2016, 11:28