• 25.04.2024, 10:11
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Samstag, 26. November 2016, 14:29

I hope there will also be a basic aquasuite version available.
you can select in the setup (downloader) the version 2016-5. This version is free and need no license.

Samstag, 26. November 2016, 14:33

This version is free and need no license.

And does not expire - maybe that point was not clear enough. We are not licensing the usage of the hardware! It is the specific aquasuite version that you are allowed to use.

Samstag, 26. November 2016, 16:43

I hope there will also be a basic aquasuite version available.
you can select in the setup (downloader) the version 2016-5. This version is free and need no license.

This version is free and need no license.

And does not expire - maybe that point was not clear enough. We are not licensing the usage of the hardware! It is the specific aquasuite version that you are allowed to use.

I see, that works for me.

I plugged in an MPS level sensor on my air-cooled fallback system to check it out, and the 2016-5 version was also listed as available, and it installed.
My only comment is to perhaps name the 2016-5 version as "No Charge" or "Basic" or "Setup", since it will not be updated anyway, and people will better understand the cost for the premium version.

Samstag, 26. November 2016, 16:55

Zitat

I see, that works for me.

I plugged in an MPS level sensor on my air-cooled fallback system to check it out, and the 2016-5 version was also listed as available, and it installed.
My only comment is to perhaps name the 2016-5 version as "No Charge" or "Basic" or "Setup", since it will not be updated anyway, and people will better understand the cost for the premium version

Did you have to upgrade your AQ firmware with this 2016-5 software or you just did with software alone I have several devices my hesitation is that after updating the software and AQ firmware as you will have to I might be facing things that I might not like but unfortunately going back with firmware is not possible.

Where this is coming from? the other day I want to see what's in this new 2017 software and after updating my current 2016-4 I was asked to update AQ firmware and I normally would do, but this time my page that It took me very long time to make and some settings where off the wall
e.g. data was missing half page was missing profiles where not accurate, it could be simple due to AQ needing to update the firmware but my paranoia is kicking in, so I'm hesitant to mess things up and not being able to go back to original firmware and settings without going through hoops and hops again.
Also will offline installer be available at some point

I have AQ 6XT 6x PA3Ultra, 2 High speed flow meters, will I benefit from updating :)

Zitat

Also under version selection I only have 2017-1 to chose from :!:

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 6 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Dundys« (26. November 2016, 17:37)

Samstag, 26. November 2016, 21:08

If you have at least one device that is entitled for the latest aquasuite, then you will not be able to select any older versions. The only exception is the aquasuite 4.72 which is required for some older devices like the aquaero 3.07/4.00.

We do not want to have customers with valid licenses for the current version use an older version. Well, right now it is not old but it will become older with every day now ;)

I am not sure about the firmware thing. For 2017-1 you will definitely have to do a firmware update. For 2016-5 I am not sure and can not check that since I have none of these devices at home. I would assume it also got an update since the core of both versions is the same while the 2017-1 has all the new features in addition.

An offline installer will not be available anymore. It also would not work for several reasons. One of them is that you require an Internet connection to activate the installation.

Samstag, 26. November 2016, 21:20

Fair enough explanation.
Thank you :)

Samstag, 26. November 2016, 21:43

Yay...everyone gets a "free" 2016 license...with one month left to go for 2016.

Not taking into account how grandfathering a licensing model screws some folks up, how about since some of us now have to pay for being "allowed" to use the software that we already paid for, you produce a roadmap/release schedule. Why would we pay for a license for something that doesn't do anything above and beyond what we want going forward?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Railgun« (26. November 2016, 21:45)

Samstag, 26. November 2016, 23:02

The other option would have been to let everyone stick with aquasuite 2016-4 and just move along with 2017 directly but this would have been really poor.

It is not about that one month in 2016. The 2016-5 is more about providing everyone with the latest development state of the core functions of the aquasuite. As long as you are not interested in the new features, there would be no real advantage to get 2017 at the moment.

I understand your point that you do not want to buy a pig in a poke. You can be sure we will have to discuss this but it is a complicated topic since we also do not want to give our competitors an insight on what we are doing and planning for the future. Those who are long term customers know and can confirm that the aquasuite is under constant development.

As I already mentioned in this topic: no one is forced to always have the latest license. If you are happy with what you have then just sit back and let things go. At some point in the future you might say "hey, now that is a cool thing that I want" and then we come back together :)

Samstag, 26. November 2016, 23:38

Zitat

As I already mentioned in this topic: no one is forced to always have the latest license. If you are happy with what you have then just sit back and let things go. At some point in the future you might say "hey, now that is a cool thing that I want" and then we come back together:)
You can't go wrong here :thumbup: you have my vote :)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Dundys« (26. November 2016, 23:40)

Sonntag, 27. November 2016, 04:51

@JasonMorris: I recommend to send an e-mail with the invoice of your aquaero to the support. For such borderline cases we will check if we grant a license as good will.

---

The problem with the free software so far is that many of the older customers receive free updates and support since almost six years now without purchasing anything new - and it would have been several more years for many of them if we would have not made that cut. The development costs a lot of time and money. With more and more features also more and more questions arrive at the support. We can not keep that "everything for free" thing alive for an eternity ;)

I want to remind everyone complaining about the licensing model that there have been some other devices like the aquaero in the past and almost all of them failed since their software support was close to non-existent... There have been devices that never saw a single update even though there were bugs in the software right from the start. So I think paying about 62 Cent per month in the 2-year license model will not really hurt when you can be assured that your Aqua Computer device will still work correctly in the far away future and will likely have many new additional features too that were not available when you purchased the device. There is also no need to continuously extend your license. You could also pause for a while and buy a new license later when there are new features available that your currently licensed version does not support.

I can list tons of expensive devices in our company made by multi-million dollar companies that did not even provide drivers from one Windows version to the next one. Or let's take Android smart phones. Some of them cost a few hundred bucks and their support often ends after just a few months. Even if I would want to pay for further support I could not get it. Strangely nobody complains about stuff like that :D

While I understand that viewpoint, I have a different one.

Giving the software to new purchasers and making us old hats buy it would seem to be taking a bit of a dump on us early adopters. The ones who have put up with dodgy software and "coming soon" features, the absence of any sort of manual or guide early on.

Yeah, some of us haven't paid for new hardware since the 6 or even the 5 was released. However we did pay for it when it was a battle to figure out functionality, when it was a less appealing system overall. I see that as deserving of some respect rather than a "what have they done for us lately" attitude. I have personally bought 2 Aquaero (5 & 6 Pro), 2 USB D5 pumps, several flow sensors including ones just for published testing so that the community had better info and other assorted hardware. Now I have to pay for new features in the software?
Additionally us Pro owners are left out in the cold while XT are in the special club. I didn't see that in the list of differences when I bought my Aquaeros. It was supposed to be giving up a dodgy touch screen and fairly pointless remote.

Thankfully most of the new features seem pretty frivolous and the core functionality remains with older software so I'm not really concerned.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Jakusonfire« (27. November 2016, 04:55)

Sonntag, 27. November 2016, 05:07

Zitat

Giving the software to new purchasers and making us old hats buy it would seem to be taking a bit of a dump on us early adopters. The ones who have put up with dodgy software and "coming soon" features, the absence of any sort of manual or guide early on.

Yeah, some of us haven't paid for new hardware since the 6 or even the 5 was released. However we did pay for it when it was a battle to figure out functionality, when it was a less appealing system overall. I see that as deserving of some respect rather than a "what have they done for us lately" attitude. I have personally bought 2 Aquaero (5 & 6 Pro), 2 USB D5 pumps, several flow sensors including ones just for published testing so that the community had better info and other assorted hardware. Now I have to pay for new features in the software?

Additionally us Pro owners are left out in the cold while XT are in the special club. I didn't see that in the list of differences when I bought my Aquaeros. It was supposed to be giving up a dodgy touch screen and fairly pointless remote.

Thankfully most of the new features seem pretty frivolous and the core functionality remains with older software so I'm not really concerned.
Although as I said earlier I I'm all supportive of this new concept and its really small amount you have to dish out I also see you point :)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Dundys« (27. November 2016, 05:10)

Sonntag, 27. November 2016, 11:34

we also do not want to give our competitors an insight on what we are doing and planning for the future.

While I appreciate that, what competition?

Without sounding like I'm blowing smoke up your collective asses, as far as I know, there isn't much, if any that is comparable to the Aquaero and its software.

Perhaps there something on the commercial side that I'm not privy to, on the consumer side I explicitly picked this product because there was nothing else that was suitable for my application.

That said, do you think the Intels and Nvidias of the world shy away from releasing a roadmap because they're worried about their competition?

If you make a good product, which generally speaking you do, then there should be no reason for concern for doing such a thing, IMO of course.

Sonntag, 27. November 2016, 17:39

A question about a small improvement. This wasn't in Aquasuite 16-4 either.

Item, single value. It would be great to turn it. As of now it's only horisontal, which doesn't work well for a vertical bargraph. I would also like to see axis values and labels on this one.
Please keep all your build questions on one thread. You've spammed this thread up and down the last few days. Lets keep this thread on topic.

I'm a bit disappointed that we'll have to buy the software. While I will have time to get 2017, I won't know for sure if I will get 2018 or 2019. I've been through hell and back to get this hardware to work and the last thing I need is AC asking for more funds when I've dumped a butt load for a controller and its accessories. It's the last thing I wanted to see.

Just my 2 cents.
corsair software was always free,how did that work out for you?

Sonntag, 27. November 2016, 19:08

Barfly, is this a snarky way to make a point? You went looking for a quote I made a while back in an old thread while not taking into considerations of all equations brought forward?

I'm a paid customer being critical and have every right. How do you think companies make changes and accommodate to their customers?

I'm sure I've helped you in the past as I'll take that to consideration next time you're crying for help. Take care.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »GTXJackBauer« (27. November 2016, 19:11)

Montag, 28. November 2016, 09:35

At first a little side note: a new version with some bug fixes for most of the reported problems will be released this morning. We also slightly changed the downloader to make clearer that there is also a free version since some customers have not realized this.

Giving the software to new purchasers and making us old hats buy it would seem to be taking a bit of a dump on us early adopters.

If you feel threaed in an unfair way, feel free to contact the support with copies of all of your Aqua Computer USB devices and it will be reviewed.

While I appreciate that, what competition?

That said, do you think the Intels and Nvidias of the world shy away from releasing a roadmap because they're worried about their competition?

Who knows what they are maybe already working on in the dark? Why should we provide them with ideas so that they can start to develop them in parallel? For us it is better to have them at least one step behind all the time.

You example with Intel or NVIDIA does not work well. These are stock corporations so they are almost forced to let everyone know what is going on. On the other side knowing that a new GPU or CPU is coming is not a "harmful" information since it does not help competitors with their development since it contains no specific information but if we say that we will include a feature in an upcoming version, we provide a detail that can be copied.

It is totally OK if you do not share this point of view. We know that there are enough copy cats that we do not need to feed before l(a)unch time ;)

Montag, 28. November 2016, 16:14

Sorry, this might be of topic. After trying the web function I think it's cool feature, I'm away from my residence for days but with my PC ON almost 24/7 but controlled by Deepfreeze Ent. I can look through AQ web and modify/control my system based on what I see, nice add-on.

Mike70

unregistriert

Freitag, 2. Dezember 2016, 09:02

It looks like I'm about as unlucky as can be with the timing and communication of the 2017 release.

I have a 6 XT but because I removed the display it will now and forever be a 6 LT. I upgraded to the latest software only to read in another post here that I should have reattached the screen and reset the device before downloading the software. This sort of information should have been included in the new licensing update documentation.

I bought my 6 XT at the end of August so as of this morning it's been active for 91 days,

So my 180 Euro device is now a 100 Euro device and despite only being 3 months old it's software is no longer supported.

OK it's not a big deal as the 2017 software isn't hugely expensive but it does leave a bad taste in my mouth and I wish the move to a new licensing model had been communicated earlier and in more detail and with possibly a longer grace period for those who recently bought their devices.

Freitag, 2. Dezember 2016, 09:27

@Mike70

@JasonMorris: I recommend to send an e-mail with the invoice of your aquaero to the support. For such borderline cases we will check if we grant a license as good will.

zoomee

Freitag, 2. Dezember 2016, 13:11

I agree completely - I initially purchased a 5 PRO, then went to a 5 LT, then went back to a 5 PRO. All this time it feels to me as WE were the beta testers for your software here. Firmware updates address bugs - whats going to happen with that now? - Is Aquasuite 2016 totally bug free now? I highly doubt it. This is just a sign of an organisation trying to milk its existing user base - I don't care how long its been since the product was released I only got it a year ago and now your telling us we have to pay for the new version of software? IF ANYTHING - You should be paying me for the waste of time, revising hardware with minor tweaks here and there and then ignoring the existing users (I note 3 different heatsinks on the AE5's I've had for example). My AE5 is currently sat in a box - was planning on using it in a future build but hearing this news and how Aquacomputer are now trying to fleece us I'm just going to have to take the hit and look elsewhere. AE5's were always overkill for me but I prefer to go for the best - Didn't realise I would essentially be a BETA testers and once you've finalised your software then I'm going to have to pay. Its a joke shoggy and you know this. As a consumer I am livid and will refuse to recommend or purchase Aquacomputer gear anymore.

Freitag, 2. Dezember 2016, 15:25

Why so angry?
You are still getting everything you paid for when you bought your device... aquasuite is still free!

The NEW aquasuite Ultra has a licensing scheme associated with it... if the cost of a license seems excessive to you, don't buy it.
Simple capitalism, vote with your wallet.