• 16.04.2024, 06:37
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Kryoconnect selection confirmation

Donnerstag, 24. November 2016, 19:49

I have two graphics cards I need to connect in my loop, and there appears to be no standard as to how to reference the slots between them.
In the pictures below I have checked the layout I have, referred to as both 1 and 3 slot spacing.

Having Active Back Plates, I believe the Kryoconnect kit I need is THIS ONE.
Which again is confusing because the title says "width 4 slots", but the description says "The graphics card must have a spacing of three slots (meaning two slots remains unused between the graphics cards)".

Freitag, 25. November 2016, 03:54

I am stumped, I need Aquacomputers's assistance please.

I have two GPU water blocks with active back plates.
Looking at the GPU water block manual, step 5, I see "Be sure not to connect any water blocks in parallel but only consecutively."
Great, that's my preference anyway.

Except, with the slot spacing described above, I have about 25mm between the two connectors, not enough room to plumb fittings.
Alright, I will use the Kryoconnect connector solution designed for the GPU water block.

Unfortunately, that is fail also because the GPU water block is unidirectional, and the Kryoconnector does not cross over.

Any suggestions?

Freitag, 25. November 2016, 15:00

I'm not sure if this will be any of help and if you set your mind on the connector, but Swiftech is the only brand that has some very small expendable Male-Male Lock-Seal fittings, they are in few different colors and can be as small as 18mm I have used them last year with my Tri-Titans Black that had not enough space to fit any other fitting and those looked and worked nice.

As far is the connector and your GPUs setting I would like to know the solution as well, good luck ;)
Btw. Beautiful block :thumbup:

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Dundys« (25. November 2016, 15:02)

Freitag, 25. November 2016, 16:02

You have to count the unused slots between the PCIe connectors between the cards. And unused also includes slots that are only PCI or not even equipped on your board. The slots or empty slots must be count anyway since their size is standardized.

23575 that you have linked there must be two unused slots. Or if we count from top to down the cards must be used in slot one and four which is also the reason why it says width four slots. That spacing thing is just another way to count it. If you go from the first card and count down to the next card it will be the third slot (after the first card which is not part of the counting).

I absolutely do not understand your last sentence about the unidirectional thing. I guess I do not understand it since I see no problem nor understand where you see the problem since there is no problem.

Freitag, 25. November 2016, 21:58

I'm not sure if this will be any of help and if you set your mind on the connector, but Swiftech is the only brand that has some very small expendable Male-Male Lock-Seal fittings, they are in few different colors and can be as small as 18mm I have used them last year with my Tri-Titans Black that had not enough space to fit any other fitting and those looked and worked nice.

As far is the connector and your GPUs setting I would like to know the solution as well, good luck ;)
Btw. Beautiful block :thumbup:

Thanks for suggesting the Swiftech connectors. Bitspower has similar adjustable aqua link connectors.
And were I to go parallel, either of them would be perfect, but due to the specified flow direction of these blocks, you cannot create a serial connection with them.

You have to count the unused slots between the PCIe connectors between the cards. And unused also includes slots that are only PCI or not even equipped on your board. The slots or empty slots must be count anyway since their size is standardized.

23575 that you have linked there must be two unused slots. Or if we count from top to down the cards must be used in slot one and four which is also the reason why it says width four slots. That spacing thing is just another way to count it. If you go from the first card and count down to the next card it will be the third slot (after the first card which is not part of the counting).

I absolutely do not understand your last sentence about the unidirectional thing. I guess I do not understand it since I see no problem nor understand where you see the problem since there is no problem.

Great, slots one and four, that's is my situation.

At the moment it is my understanding that the port nearest the PCIe bracket, on these pascal blocks, is the inlet (arrow engraved by port), and the other port is the outlet (arrow engraved by port).
Which is unidirectional, one flow direction, as apposed to bidirectional, where either port can be used as inlet or outlet.

It appears the kryoconnect in series configuration (with g1/4 plug inserted) has the inlet to the 2nd block on the outlet port for that block.
The kryoconnect can be implemented in the parallel configuration, but that is against recommendations. and against my preference.

It looks like the kryoconnect connector is not usable with pascal blocks.

My solution atm, work from the outsides and over...

Samstag, 26. November 2016, 15:45

?(

All kryoconnect adapters come with a headless screw that allows you to route the water flow between being parallel or in series. With the larger kryoconnect adapters you can even mix that: for example run in parallel through the first two cards and in series through the last two cards.

Check the manual.

Samstag, 26. November 2016, 17:01

How critical is it that the inlet and outlet port designations be adhered to?
Can I use the designated outlet port as the inlet on a Pascal water block?
Because that is what I see happening if a kryoconnect is used in series mode between two pascal blocks.
And looking at the block's structure, there may be a problem with reverse flow.

Samstag, 26. November 2016, 17:10

I still do not understand you worries here and it starts to drive me nuts :D

Why do you want to use the outlet as the inlet? There is no useful reason why you want to do this. I just don't get it :D

The flow direction should not be reversed. Of course it works but the cooling performance will be worse. I can not provide a number but nothing that would make a huge difference to completely stay away from doing this.

Samstag, 26. November 2016, 18:20

I do not have one of the kryoconnects, so that may be my problem, but this is my understanding...

Samstag, 26. November 2016, 19:02

Whats in the drawing is the serial version by using a screw on the one side. when you don't use that screw and switch the outlet to the other port besides the current one, then you will get an parallel flow. Then the water will run through both blocks the right way. I've done it the same way, only with Hardtubes instead of an Kryoconnect :)

Samstag, 26. November 2016, 19:53

Whats in the drawing is the serial version by using a screw on the one side. when you don't use that screw and switch the outlet to the other port besides the current one, then you will get an parallel flow. Then the water will run through both blocks the right way. I've done it the same way, only with Hardtubes instead of an Kryoconnect :)

That is correct, but the water block manual emphatically says to NOT run blocks in parallel, but sequentially... so catch 22 :)

Samstag, 26. November 2016, 20:06

Okay, didn't read that one xD
But I have no problems with parallel flow, using serial flow with an Kryoconnect seems indeed not possible.

Samstag, 26. November 2016, 20:37

Ahhhh, now I got it and also feel a bit ashamed :rolleyes:

I was so focused on the first card that I totally ignored the simple fact that after this one the side will be flipped for the second card and since you use one of the newer blocks, the flow direction matters. Such a simple thing but so much drama. Sorry for that.

Well, you are right. This can not be avoided. So either you just have to deal with it or find a different way to connect both cards.

Samstag, 26. November 2016, 22:16

In this case a kind of an adapter would be nice. A thing that you can screw onto one of the emty Slots that are not in use, and lead the water thrue it back to the inlet side of the blocks.
U know what I man? :-X Like a little bridge. Selling with an second screw sothat you have a "leadscrew" in both channels. Something like that would be nice Shoggy ;)

Samstag, 26. November 2016, 22:19

I know what you mean because I thought the same too at first but in this case it will not work because the adapter that InfoSeeker wants to use has only two openings.

Samstag, 26. November 2016, 22:26

Oh jeah, than that won't work :D

Sonntag, 27. November 2016, 04:01

One option is to drill a hole in the side at the center, connecting the two cross bores, and add 1 external plug (3 total) and 1 headless internal plug (2 total).

t1nm4n

Dienstag, 29. November 2016, 09:41

I did what you are talking about with a different product, it works great, and I'd prefer parallel flow over serial as serial can build pressure and parallel you get the same temp water cooling your gpus. Here's my shoddy workmanship, but it works and you can't hardly notice the bad job from a distance :)
»t1nm4n« hat folgende Datei angehängt:
  • 3gpu.jpg (375,96 kB - 124 mal heruntergeladen - zuletzt: 17. Januar 2024, 04:31)

Dienstag, 29. November 2016, 10:07

I did what you are talking about with a different product, it works great, and I'd prefer parallel flow over serial as serial can build pressure and parallel you get the same temp water cooling your gpus. Here's my shoddy workmanship, but it works and you can't hardly notice the bad job from a distance :)
Actually its the complete opposite. Serial has less pressure build up and temps are closer between the GPUs while parallel is the complete opposite.

t1nm4n

Dienstag, 29. November 2016, 10:47

Actually its the complete opposite. Serial has less pressure build up and temps are closer between the GPUs while parallel is the complete opposite.
I'd look that up again, parallel will decrease flow and pressure to each card, as pressure and flow rate are sorta intertwined here. I do have to disagree with you, but it's also a moot point as there are too many factors that can affect total system performance and temps of components, but I'll stick with my original opinion that he should just go parallel as it will keep the flow in the preferred direction for both cards and even though it does split the flow rate between the cards it's negligible anyways as they don't require the same flow rate a cpu block does.