• 18.04.2024, 15:05
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

2016-5.3 setting "minimum power" and "Speed controlled" is working incorrectly

Dienstag, 3. Januar 2017, 13:52

I have an aquaero 5 PRO.
The CPU fan and CPU software sensor (from aida) is assigned to "curve" controller.
At the "Fans" page the CPU fan is adjusted to "hold minimum power" at 2.1V, and Speed controlled is set to 300 as minimum rpm. All worked ideally.
After updating to aquasuite 2016-5.3, the CPU fan has increasing its rpm and its voltage increasing. After a few experiments with settings, I found that:
1. setting "minimum power" now is working incorrectly (even with clear checkbox "hold minimum power"), it is summed up to the current voltage value by some unknown formula, instead of being as minimum value.
2. setting "Speed controlled" now is working incorrectly with minimum rpm, it is summed up to the current rpm value by some unknown formula, instead of being as minimum value.

For adequate fan control, I had to set a minimum power to zero, and set "Power controlled" instead "speed controlled".

I reboot PC, reset device to factory defaults, power off device and even trying aquasuite with another PC.
Setting "minimum power" and "Speed controlled" now is working INCORRECTLY.

Wait your comments about to fix this or how can I downgrade to old aquasuite/firmware version.
»Nickie« hat folgende Bilder angehängt:
  • Curve controller.png
  • inadequate  minimum work.png
  • disabled minimums.png

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Nickie« (3. Januar 2017, 13:55)

Mittwoch, 11. Januar 2017, 06:38

Does anyone has a such problem with "speed controlled" or set a "minimum power"?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Nickie« (11. Januar 2017, 20:45)

Mittwoch, 11. Januar 2017, 12:38

I am not sure I fully understand the issue, but let me make a couple comments.
  • The curve controller you show appears to be working as you have it set
    it starts at 45C and the source is at 38C, so the controller is not active
    but you are seeing the 2.1V minimum set to the fan

• The minimum you are applying to the fan IS a minimum
    meaning the fan will not drop below that value
    but can run above it
Is the system water cooled or air cooled?

Mittwoch, 11. Januar 2017, 21:55

I am not sure I fully understand the issue, but let me make a couple comments.
  • The curve controller you show appears to be working as you have it set
    it starts at 45C and the source is at 38C, so the controller is not active
    but you are seeing the 2.1V minimum set to the fan

• The minimum you are applying to the fan IS a minimum
    meaning the fan will not drop below that value
    but can run above it
Is the system water cooled or air cooled?
My system is air cooled.

About your first comment: you are right in everything except "controller is not active". Controller at temperature below minimum is setting voltage value corresponding to the minimum temperature point in curve line. In my case, voltage at temperature 38C is corresponding to 45C and voltage must be 17,5% = 2.1V. And it is 2.1V as must be.
About your second comment: you are right.

All work fine when minimum power is zero, and fan is "Power controlled"

At 38C, the voltage is 2.1V (RPM=330), and when I set minimum power to 2.1V, the voltage grows to 3.8V as shown in second picture. After setting "minimum power" to zero, the voltage decreasing to its normal 2.1V.
Also, when I set fan to "speed controlled" where the MINIMUM RPM is set to 300, the RPM grows to 570. After setting fan to "power controlled", the RPM decreasing to its normal 330.

Donnerstag, 12. Januar 2017, 00:48

About your first comment: you are right in everything except "controller is not active". Controller at temperature below minimum is setting voltage value corresponding to the minimum temperature point in curve line. In my case, voltage at temperature 38C is corresponding to 45C and voltage must be 17,5% = 2.1V. And it is 2.1V as must be.

When I said the controller was not active, I meant it was sitting at zero, which corresponds to the Minimum Power you specified in the fan profile.
ALL source temperatures below the specified Curve's low end 45C of your controller, will have the same impact on the controller, zero or the minimum you set in the fan profile.
That is what I see the controller doing in the clip you posted, so I believe it is working as designed.

As to the all the calculations you are doing, I don't understand them and will leave that to someone more versed than I.

Donnerstag, 12. Januar 2017, 04:48

point in curve line. In my case, voltage at temperature 38C is corresponding to 45C and voltage must be 17,5% = 2.1V. And it is 2.1V as must be.
About your second comment: you are right.

All work fine when minimum power is zero, and fan is "Power controlled"

At 38C, the voltage is 2.1V (RPM=330), and when I set minimum power to 2.1V, the voltage grows to 3.8V as shown in second picture. After setting "minimum power" to zero, the voltage decreasing to its normal 2.1V.

No 17% = 2,1 Volt + 17% von 9,9 [12-2,1] (1,683) 3,783 Volt is correct.
% is always of the control range.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »EnigmaG« (12. Januar 2017, 04:51)

Samstag, 14. Januar 2017, 08:31

On previous firmware, nothing was changed when I set "minimum power/rmp" below current value. And after that, the current rmp/power can not be smaller than the minimum value. It works logically and I always enjoyed these settings.

Now in new firmware I create controller with "preset value" and set power to 50% ( 6V ). The fan speed is 1135 rpm.

When I set minimum power to 33% ( 4V ), the voltage grows from 6V to 8V ( from 1135 to 1417 rpm )

When I set minimum speed to 600 rpm, the rpm grows from 1135 to 1279 rpm ( from 6V to 7V )

Option "hold minimum power" is always enabled even checkbox is clear.

I do not understand how it works, and what is now means "minimum" power/rpm in CURRENT firmware.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Nickie« (14. Januar 2017, 08:35)

Samstag, 14. Januar 2017, 08:41

I also use "Use start boost" at 40% for my pumps and worked well in Aquasuite 2016 till I upgraded to 2017 and my pumps ramp up to 100% on every start up, sucking in and channeling air through out the loop, let alone not good for the pumps. I wish they fix this issue as well.

Samstag, 14. Januar 2017, 09:46

Now in new firmware I create controller with "preset value" and set power to 50% ( 6V ). The fan speed is 1135 rpm.

0-12 frame 50% =6 Volt

When I set minimum power to 33% ( 4V ), the voltage grows from 6V to 8V ( from 1135 to 1417 rpm )

4-12 frame 50% =4 + 4 Volt min is 8 Volt

When I set minimum speed to 600 rpm, the rpm grows from 1135 to 1279 rpm ( from 6V to 7V )

600-2000 1/min frame 50% =700 + 600 1/min min is 1300 1/min

This has always been this way.

Samstag, 14. Januar 2017, 20:03

Thank you! Now I understand how it works

This has always been this way.
No, in 2012(13?) it works as on left picture

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Nickie« (14. Januar 2017, 20:04)

Samstag, 14. Januar 2017, 21:03

No, in 2012(13?) it works as on left picture

No September 2012 it has already been so.