• 23.04.2024, 10:45
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Aquacompter NOOB 1st buying questions(5LT vs. 6LT) and pump(VPP755 vs. Aquabus interface D5 varient)

Freitag, 24. März 2017, 15:14

So... holy crap it seems like i have stubbled into a whole other world of tweaking and problem solving!! 8o Down to business.

I got a USB flow meter cheap from a friend(53129). But cant use it without a licence due to recent changes but alas has forced my hand(gladly) to jumping into a Aquero setup. So question is which pump and controller do i buy?

Setup intentions. Silent system (500-1000 rpm fans) with 2-3 rads, 1 rad(3*140mm) and a (1-140mm) rad, with possible extra (2-140mm) rad starting with just push config maybe P/P if it makes it quieter but alot of cost, doubt it so will start with just push, thus one channel 3*140fans, 1*140fan, perhaps 2*140 fans and an exhaust of 120 or 140mm. thus want 3 PWM channels min plus an extra would be a bonus so 4. Also need a new pump, PWM controlled it will be, and quiet but powerful enough with flow 1-1,5GPM. [1 CPU block-EK supremacy, 1 GPU block EK full cover, 2-3 rads all HardwareLabs GSS xflow, a flow meter foremetioned]

A simple setup really with all components having low-average resistence comparively speaking..

1. Do i get a 6LT(100euros) or a 5LT(60 euros). I can save 40 euros on a 5LT. will it do or is the extra money well worth it?, will be running fans at 25-50% power range. 500-1000rpm. i know the 5LT has heat issues and not true PWM?
2, Which pump? I see the new Alphacool VPP755 D5 varient is better than the normal d5 in nearly every way (extremerigs review). thus would this be better than a aquacompter d5? otherwise what benefits does the D5 with the aquabus interface give me?
3, if i have 4 PWM signal fan channels and only 4 fan headers can i still connect the VPP755 pwm pump into those extra PWM headers(there are 2 of them), im not sure what there intention would be but they have different connections?? (the VPP755 pump has a molex power connection and PWM fan connector can i rewire the PWM header to fit one of these extra PWM headers??) I am leaning towards the VPP755 basically cost it costs less 70 euros vs the Aquabus 90 euros and also is quieter and stronger at every point. Bus alas i am open to counter suggestions :thumbup:

Thanks in advanced!!!

reese

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »reeson« (24. März 2017, 15:18)

RE: Aquacompter NOOB 1st buying questions(5LT vs. 6LT) and pump(VPP755 vs. Aquabus interface D5 varient)

Freitag, 24. März 2017, 23:58

So... holy crap it seems like i have stubbled into a whole other world of tweaking and problem solving!! 8o Down to business.

I got a USB flow meter cheap from a friend(53129). But cant use it without a licence due to recent changes but alas has forced my hand(gladly) to jumping into a Aquero setup. So question is which pump and controller do i buy?
Actually, you can choose to install the free version of aquasuite (2016-5,3)... it works without the newer bells & whistles.

Zitat

Setup intentions. Silent system (500-1000 rpm fans) with 2-3 rads, 1 rad(3*140mm) and a (1-140mm) rad, with possible extra (2-140mm) rad starting with just push config maybe P/P if it makes it quieter but alot of cost, doubt it so will start with just push, thus one channel 3*140fans, 1*140fan, perhaps 2*140 fans and an exhaust of 120 or 140mm. thus want 3 PWM channels min plus an extra would be a bonus so 4. Also need a new pump, PWM controlled it will be, and quiet but powerful enough with flow 1-1,5GPM. [1 CPU block-EK supremacy, 1 GPU block EK full cover, 2-3 rads all HardwareLabs GSS xflow, a flow meter foremetioned]

A simple setup really with all components having low-average resistence comparively speaking..

1. Do i get a 6LT(100euros) or a 5LT(60 euros). I can save 40 euros on a 5LT. will it do or is the extra money well worth it?, will be running fans at 25-50% power range. 500-1000rpm. i know the 5LT has heat issues and not true PWM?
2, Which pump? I see the new Alphacool VPP755 D5 varient is better than the normal d5 in nearly every way (extremerigs review). thus would this be better than a aquacompter d5? otherwise what benefits does the D5 with the aquabus interface give me?
3, if i have 4 PWM signal fan channels and only 4 fan headers can i still connect the VPP755 pwm pump into those extra PWM headers(there are 2 of them), im not sure what there intention would be but they have different connections?? (the VPP755 pump has a molex power connection and PWM fan connector can i rewire the PWM header to fit one of these extra PWM headers??) I am leaning towards the VPP755 basically cost it costs less 70 euros vs the Aquabus 90 euros and also is quieter and stronger at every point. Bus alas i am open to counter suggestions :thumbup:

Thanks in advanced!!!

reese

1. Unless you NEED to save coin, I would go for the 6LT:
    - the 6LT has improved voltage regulation for voltage controlled fans and runs considerably cooler
    - the 6LT has four PWM ports, whereas the 5LT has only one

2. All D5 pumps are manufactured by Laing.
    - varying pump performance stems mostly from the pump top (volute) used
    - pump control may be the standard Vario or Strong, or be reseller specific, i.e. PWM or USB/aquabus
    - PWM and USB/aquabus allow full speed control and on-the-go adjustment
    - PWM requires a PWM port, whereas the USB/aquabus does not

3. NO, the two 2-pin ports marked as PWM on the aquaero are useful to drive LED strips, but should NOT be used to control a PWM fan or pump.

EDIT: some reseller PWM pump implementations are NOT compatible with the aquaero PWM implementation.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »InfoSeeker« (25. März 2017, 00:02)

lovan6

Sonntag, 26. März 2017, 10:06

Alphacool VPP755

You may want to check this link.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1624192/alphacool-vpp755-noise

Mittwoch, 29. März 2017, 11:37

Thanks for your response guys!

think ill stick to something tried and true and go with the aquabus D5 and 6LT . Seams like aquacomputer have good service so will go that way. pitty that the VPP755 is a lemon in some of the cases listed below..

reese