• 20.04.2024, 04:07
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Serial kryoconnect for kryographics Pascal for NVIDIA TITAN X

Samstag, 8. April 2017, 18:18

The manual for the kryographics Pascal for NVIDIA TITAN X states in step 5, "Be sure not to connect any water blocks in parallel but only consecutively".
To that end, it would be useful if aqaucomputer provided a kryoconnect for these new blocks that could be made to go serial.

You could take an existing kryoconnect bridge, bore a hole in the side, at the center, to provide a passage between the two longitudinal bores.
Then seal the outside wall at the center bore, and included one additional headless set screw to direct flow internally.

Samstag, 8. April 2017, 18:31

Jeah, something like this woukd be nice, that true.

But I have run my two in parallel connection even if the manual says to not do so and have no big problems with it. Only that one GPU is around 1-3 degrees warmer as the other.
Could be that the overall temps would be a bit cooler if its connected with a serial connection, but for me its fine.

Samstag, 8. April 2017, 20:15

I personally like using parallel. Evens out the temps over both GPUs overall.

Sonntag, 9. April 2017, 16:01

I guess that's where the "personal" in "personal computer" comes into play :)

If you have sufficient flow that cutting it in half across two GPUs is acceptable, then yes, parallel is fine.
And I agree that parallel can be more aesthetically pleasing by allowing the IN & OUT connections to be on the same side of the same board, if that works for the loop.

My preference for serial stems from the fact that if one of the GPU blocks develops a minor blockage, the flow rate across that block will diminish, and the other block's will increase.

Sonntag, 9. April 2017, 16:10

My preference for serial stems from the fact that if one of the GPU blocks develops a minor blockage, the flow rate across that block will diminish, and the other block's will increase.

This is true but a good indicator would be a rise in temps on the one getting less flow.