• 16.04.2024, 17:29
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

D5 pump wont start, not recognized by USB

Sonntag, 1. Oktober 2017, 15:31

Hi,

I have a D5 pump which does not spin at all.
I have the USB version, so I have used the molex and the USB connections.
When connected to the PSU, the pump does nothing. When plugging in the USB, the device had a "device information not retrieved" error.
If I unplug the molex, the USB device disappears, so it apparently gets power.

I opened the pump circuitry, and the flex cable connecting the two circuit boards had come loose on one of the solder points corresponding to USB ground (black cable on USB).
I then resoldered the connection and tried again. No luck, same problem.

Is the pump a goner? Or do I have any components missing?

I took some pictures of the circuitry, there appears to be a bare pad for a capacitor, but I have seen from other posts that this is common.

https://imgur.com/a/MoM1p

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »IRN« (1. Oktober 2017, 15:33)

Montag, 2. Oktober 2017, 13:04

Please take a closer look at this black dot on the CPU. Maybe it is just some kind of dirt but it could also indicate that the CPU is burned which might also explain why the pump does not work.

d5_pump.jpg

Dienstag, 3. Oktober 2017, 19:23

I rubbed it to check if it was dirt, it seems it is the plastic itself.

Here is a closeup picture

https://imgur.com/a/UyyfI

I guess it is beyond repair then, too bad :/

Mittwoch, 4. Oktober 2017, 16:50

Hard to tell from the photo but it looks a bit like the CPU is burned. If so it must have happened for a reason. Maybe you have changed something on your PC lately - especially the wiring?

The little controller board in the cover can be replaced for a reasonable price but the more interesting question is if the controller board in the pump is still OK because this one can not be replaced.

Mittwoch, 4. Oktober 2017, 22:25

I suppose it might have been fried because the cable was loose and touched something else on the board.
Where can I buy the little controller board? It is worth a try to replace it.

Donnerstag, 5. Oktober 2017, 16:52

The controller board costs 14,90 Euro and can be shipped with a padded envelope for 5,00 Euro.

If you want to purchase one, please send an e-mail with your full name and address to info @ aqua-computer.de.

Samstag, 21. Oktober 2017, 21:31

The controller board costs 14,90 Euro and can be shipped with a padded envelope for 5,00 Euro.

If you want to purchase one, please send an e-mail with your full name and address to info @ aqua-computer.de.
Thanks, I decided to purchase it. I have now soldered the new controller board to the pump and it seems like the new controller board works.
My computer now recognizes it as "MPS", and AquaSuite can communicate with it.

I am wondering if the pump has an inbuilt safety to prevent dry spinning?
I decided to wire it up and connect it to the computer to check if it worked before I mounted it with the reservoir.
But it does not spin, while AquaSuite says power is 100%.

This is how my overview page looks at the moment.

https://imgur.com/a/zGlKK

Do I have to mount it to a filled reservoir, or can I change some setting to check if I can get it to spin dry?
I know dry spinning is not good, but I just want to check if it works.

Thanks for your help so far!

Dienstag, 24. Oktober 2017, 15:10

The pump must also run without water (should not be used this way; a short test is OK).

I can only assume that the controller board inside the pump might be also damaged.