• 16.04.2024, 09:41
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Aqua 6 LT RPM Header Question

Dienstag, 10. Oktober 2017, 02:40

Hi

I have just purchased the following

Aqua 6 LT USB Controller -->> Connected to Motherboard via internal USB
Aqua MPS High Flow USB -->> Connected to the Aqua 6 LT via Aqua high port
2 Splitty 9 -->> Connected to Fan port 1 and 2 on Aqua 6 LT
EK D5 PWM New 2017 Pump --> 12V connected to PSU molex. PWM connected to Fan 4 of Aqua 6 LT.

My question is around the RPM header on the Aqua 6 LT. Does this header connect to the CPU Fan header on my motherboard ( Asus Maximus IX Formula) and if so will the computer turn off if I set an alarm and tell the alarm action to send a speed signal off??????

If i understand it correctly the Aqua 6 LT RPM header will send a RPM signal out to the CPU header of the motherboard. If configured in the alarm actions when a emergency shutdown action is configured to stop the speed signal (OFF) then the motherboard will not receive a RPM signal and the bios should shutdown the computer???????? Is this right??????

Basically I want to trigger an event where if the water flow of my loop stops the Aqua 6 LT will send a signal to my motherboard informing the bios to shutdown the computer

Thanks in advance

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Topboy« (10. Oktober 2017, 02:44)

Dienstag, 10. Oktober 2017, 08:35

Your general idea is right and possible but you have to check if your mainboard offers an option to shutdown the PC if the rpm signal is not present anymore.

Dienstag, 10. Oktober 2017, 21:23

Your general idea is right and possible but you have to check if your mainboard offers an option to shutdown the PC if the rpm signal is not present anymore.
Ok thanks for the information. I have just tested this and it would appear that my motherboard (in fact all new UEFI bios motherboards) do not have a shutdown procedure built in to the bios upon reading a fan failure.

What are my other options please? Do i need to purchase additional items from you to make this happen?

Donnerstag, 12. Oktober 2017, 10:19

The aquaero can also send keyboard commands for shutdown or standby but you should keep in mind that this is not 100% safe since Windows might get stucked while doing this and it also will not work if the system has crashed.

The most secure method is to use the relay of the aquaero and to turn of the PSU directly. You will need an ATX adapter cable and a plugfor the relay to do this.