• 16.04.2024, 13:49
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Faulty Aquaero 6XT? (some headers)

Mittwoch, 28. Februar 2018, 11:49

Hello there. New member here with more doubts than knowledge.
Recently i bought a new Aquaero 6 XT for a new build.
The objective is simple, get it to control all variables on the build: 6 Temperature sensors, Two water flow sensors (one to Flow header, other to Fan Header 1 converted to Flow), two water pumps (each to fan header 2 and 3), two sets of fans (one to fan header 4 and other to Power Output 2) and one 12v UV lighting system (supposedly to Power Output 1 or Relay).
The problem is that when i tested the aquaero out of the box it seemed to be working good but after assembling all the items, i noticed that can't use some of its headers.
The configuration is exactly the same for both Power Outputs 1 and 2 (set to 100%, Preset Power Outputs, acting like a switch turned OFF). I get the things running as intended on Output 2 but when connecting the same stuff to Output 1, i get nothing, not even current is getting there (measured with multimeter). To overcome that problem, i thought of using the relay header. But that one again gives nothing. Its configuration is set to always on and it indicates to be ON in the information pages.
I tried lots of combinations at aquaero unit and aquasuit, even got to the point of making a full reset to it. Nothing works. I did upgrade the firmware of aquaero when installed Aquasuite, could that be one reason for this behaviour? How can i rollback the firmware? The actual firmware is 2011.
As a third option i thought of using the IR Led Header as it also sends 12V (needed), it works, but there isn't any option to turn it off when needed, voiding its utility.

PS: To troubleshoot the problem, no pumps or flow sensors were connected to the unit, only a single led or fan to test the headers.

If you have any suggestions, please advise as i'm out of ideas.

Best Regards

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »King_Richard« (28. Februar 2018, 16:20)

---------------------------------||---------------------------------
Think fast, but think wisely.
If you want to know more about me, please visit the following places:
Website | Facebook | Youtube

wpuser

RE: Faulty Aquaero 6XT? (some headers)

Mittwoch, 28. Februar 2018, 15:33

Two water flow sensors (one to Flow header, other to Fan Header 1 converted to Flow), ........ I did upgrade the firmware of aquaero when installed Aquasuite, could that be one reason for this behaviour? How can i rollback the firmware? The actual firmware is 2011.

The second flow meter has to be connected to the "aquabus low" port since firmware 2010.

There is no ppssibility to downgrade the firmware.

RE: RE: Faulty Aquaero 6XT? (some headers)

Mittwoch, 28. Februar 2018, 16:08

Two water flow sensors (one to Flow header, other to Fan Header 1 converted to Flow), ........ I did upgrade the firmware of aquaero when installed Aquasuite, could that be one reason for this behaviour? How can i rollback the firmware? The actual firmware is 2011.

The second flow meter has to be connected to the "aquabus low" port since firmware 2010.

There is no ppssibility to downgrade the firmware.
Oh, really? Didn't knew that. Thanks for the heads-up!
I guess i had the firmware 2007 when the unit arrived, as it indicated on the installation manual to use Fan1 port and it worked like that. Didn't tried it yet with the new firmware, but those are some good news, as i can use the Fan1 header to the other set of fans that was previously connected to Power Output 2, leaving it available for the UV Lighting. Just for clarification, the Flow meter i have isn't from aquacomputer, (Alphacool with rpm signal) hence that workaround. Will it work on the aquabus low port too? That would be excellent.
Is there a way to make Power Output act like a switch being activated/deactivated from remote controller without entering the setting menus? The objective is that the UV led strip i have only works when power is set to 100% (12v), so i would like to have kind of a shortcut key on the remote to make it toggle from 100% to 0% and vice-versa when the information pages are cycling.

Mittwoch, 28. Februar 2018, 17:32

The auqabus low port is disabled and does nothing since the 2000 firmware update.
Snippet below quoted from page 10 of the current aquaero manual:

Zitat

4.6. Connector “aquabus low speed/high speed”
Connectors for communication with other devices from Aqua Computer. The
aquaero 5/6 features one „low speed“ (aquabus 1) and one „high speed“
(aquabus 2) port.
Products compatible to the “low speed” port:
● Port disabled since firmware version 2000, currently no supported devices.

If the "Power Outputs" 1 & 2 you refer to are the 2-pin PWM ports, they are NOT for fans!
Snippet below quoted from page 9 of the current aquaero manual:

Zitat

4.4. Connector “PWM 1/2”
Pulse width modulated 12 V outputs, maximum current load 1 A, carrier frequency
15 kHz. Suitable for example for 12 V LEDs, not compatible with
PWM fans or pumps.

You may be a candidate for a poweradjust 3 USB, standard or a poweradjust 3 USB, ultra.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »InfoSeeker« (28. Februar 2018, 17:33)

wpuser

Mittwoch, 28. Februar 2018, 17:58

The auqabus low port is disabled and does nothing since the 2000 firmware update.
Snippet below quoted from page 10 of the current aquaero manual:

Zitat

4.6. Connector “aquabus low speed/high speed”
Connectors for communication with other devices from Aqua Computer. The
aquaero 5/6 features one „low speed“ (aquabus 1) and one „high speed“
(aquabus 2) port.
Products compatible to the “low speed” port:
● Port disabled since firmware version 2000, currently no supported devices.

Sorry, but wrong!! It changed with aquasuite 2017-3 and the firmware 2010. The manuel is not yet updated.

The aquasuite has received an update. ....
Changelog for aquaero 5 and 6
Also new is that we moved the option to connect a second flow sensor from fan port 1 to the aquabus lowspeed port which had no function lately. This way fan port 1 can be still used for other stuff when connecting a second flow sensor.
  • New: a second flow sensor will be connected to the aquabus lowspeed port now

Mittwoch, 28. Februar 2018, 19:28

If the "Power Outputs" 1 & 2 you refer to are the 2-pin PWM ports, they are NOT for fans!
Snippet below quoted from page 9 of the current aquaero manual:

Zitat

4.4. Connector “PWM 1/2”
Pulse width modulated 12 V outputs, maximum current load 1 A, carrier frequency
15 kHz. Suitable for example for 12 V LEDs, not compatible with
PWM fans or pumps.

You may be a candidate for a poweradjust 3 USB, standard or a poweradjust 3 USB, ultra.
Yes, they are the two pin headers and yes, i know about the PWM fan incompatibility (which is weird as the headers are labelled "PWM", a little explanation about what is PWM can be found here ). I'm using it purely for its electricity properties. The set of fans connected there are simple two wire fans. Reduce voltage, reduces the speed, straight simple as that, just like connecting any two wire LED. However, if that thing about "aquabus low" is true i won't need to connect them onto "Power Output" any more, leaving it available for the 12v LEDs as intended.
Btw, i measured current on both aquabus headers, so they are working or they are disabled only on software.

Sadly i can't fit any more accessories on this build like the ones you mentioned as the build is really, really tight and small. Even had to cut back all wires to fit them correctly.
Going home in a few minutes, so will test soon enough the new information i got here. Only wondering why my aquaero is behaving like that on those headers...

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »King_Richard« (28. Februar 2018, 19:34)

Mittwoch, 28. Februar 2018, 20:27

Sorry, but wrong!! It changed with aquasuite 2017-3 and the firmware 2010. The manuel is not yet updated.

Well, there you have it then.

Mittwoch, 28. Februar 2018, 21:26

I'm back with more testing done and the verdict is... None are correct, or in other words, both are correct. At least to my case.
wpuser is right as i can't now see the option "use fan1 as flow", that option disappeared. However, i don't know if it moved the info to the "aquabus low" or only is a ghost information page, but it remains there without any input even with the sensor connected to the "aquabus low" or the "fan1" ports.
Have done a reset to aquaero and made a new information page with "flow2" selected, but can't get any reading nor any device on "aquabus devices" settings, which leads to what InfoSeeker said. That or the flow sensor now isn't compatible with this new layout (it still works on "flow1").
I'll do more testing, mainly with the pinout reassignment as it is a bit different from fan headers to aquabus headers, but for now, things aren't famous. Guess i shouldn't have updated this thing as it brought me more problems than solutions...

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »King_Richard« (28. Februar 2018, 22:27)

wpuser

Mittwoch, 28. Februar 2018, 22:37

Have done a reset to aquaero and made a new information page with "flow2" selected, but can't get any reading nor any device on "aquabus devices" settings, which leads to what InfoSeeker said. That or the flow sensor now isn't compatible with this new layout (it still works on "flow1").
The flow meter connected to aquabus low will not appear on the aquabus tab in the aquasuite. If it works on the flow port on the aquaero then it has to work on the aquabus low port also. Check the tab "aquaero" > "Sensors" > "Flow sensors"

Guess i shouldn't have updated this thing as it brought me more problems than solutions...
That is not the answer, because you will get update notifications when your aquasuite is too old...

Donnerstag, 1. März 2018, 00:06

Eureka!!!!! Finally got it to work as intended (Flow2).
It was hard to figure out what was wrong, but here is the explanation for anyone with the same problem with flow sensors that only have three wires (in my case Alphacool sensor with rpm signal).
The configuration on "aquabus low" header is different from the ones in "Fan1" and "Flow1".

Fan1 header pin assignment
Pin1: GND
Pin2: 0-12V
Pin3: Speed Signal
Pin4: PWM Signal (not needed for this case)

Aquabus low pin assignment
Pin1: GND
Pin2: SDA
Pin3: SCL
Pin4: +5V

Using the standard configuration on aquabus low slot with a normal 3 pin cable it would connect like this:
Pin1: GND / GND
Pin2: SDA / 0-12V
Pin3: SCL / Speed Signal
That won't work as the 12V isn't doing nothing there. Also, only changing the 12V pin into the Pin4 (+5V) leaving the other 2 pins in the same position will cause a short, making the aquaero shutdown. Not good!

The solution then, is to split the Speed signal cable into two and fit it into Pin2 and Pin3 of aquabus header. You should end up with this scheme:
Pin1: GND / GND
Pin2: SDA / Speed Signal
Pin3: SCL / Speed Signal
Pin4: +5V / 0-12V

I discovered that when i connected a 4 pin fan into the aquabus low and manually started spinning the fan, simulating the water flow, bingo!, got readings just like a flow meter. After that was only a question of logic to assign the right pins in order to make it work with only 3 pins.

Now it only remains my last question from my second post: "Is there a way to make Power Output act like a switch being
activated/deactivated from remote controller without entering the
setting menus?" Is someone knows an answer, please advise.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »King_Richard« (1. März 2018, 00:08)