• 18.04.2024, 14:43
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Barnack

cracked pump, cleaning and fixing?

Samstag, 7. Juli 2018, 19:48

hi
last time i put in the inlet tube to the pump i tightened it a bit too much and it got a very small crack where the inlet tube attaches. i noticed because after some time of usage there was a small drop of liquid on the outside near the attachment.
i totally understand it's my fault and not covered by warrantry...
since the liquid i use is a bit greasy, is there any specific product i can use to clean around the crack, and any specific glue i can use to fix it? Was thiniking of plastic specific attack

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Barnack« (7. Juli 2018, 19:49)

Montag, 9. Juli 2018, 12:17

I am not sure if you are talking about the removable pump cover. If so, I would just get a new one. It can be also shipped with a padded envelope for 5.00 Euro.

If you want to glue it I recommend a good epoxy resin adhesive.

Barnack

Montag, 9. Juli 2018, 13:54

No, as i said the crack is where the inlet tube attaches, towards the "outside" of the pump. Picture attached.

The crach is very thin and tight, so thin and tight i cannot be sure to have properly cleaned it, but not thin enough to ignore it, since after some time running there was a liquid drop outside.
»Barnack« hat folgendes Bild angehängt:
  • untitled.png

Montag, 9. Juli 2018, 14:04

OK, in this area you can only try to glue it. Otherwise you would need a new naked pump without the controller board (can be taken from the current pump).

Barnack

Montag, 9. Juli 2018, 19:14

no need for a specific way to clean eventual greasy liquid leftovers in the crack?

Dienstag, 10. Juli 2018, 10:00

You could clean the crack with some Isopropanol. I would apply some of the adhesive directly to the thread of the adapter and afterwards you can work on the crack itself. Put the pump into an oven afterwards. Let it stay there for about 30-60 minutes at about 45°C. This allows the adhesive to settle perfectly in the crack.