• 18.04.2024, 19:05
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

D5 Next Questions for setup decisions

Montag, 17. Dezember 2018, 21:31

Firstly let me say hello and introduce myself as new member here.

I am Edropian from Greece and I am finding myself a couple of clicks away before
placing my final order for a number of goodies from Aqua Computer.

The thing is that there are lots of things which are fuzzy and nowhere explained and
that keeps me from deciding what I need and what I do not.

The initial plan is to go with a double pump in series setup and I am considering my choices here.

So lets dive into the questions.

1) What happens if a d5 Next pump fails and what will be my options in the long run?

D5 next is a specialized pump in order to work with its base controlling unit which means
that no other pump will be or at least for now is available to be bought and be put on its place.
The thing now is that I see no stand alone Pump option for the d5 Next inside your shop and that
makes me think that I will have to buy the whole thing if I find my pump dying.

Regarding the long term ... what are your plans of supporting this "Next" concept and what
happens if you decide to move forward with whoever has this pump bought? Are we going to
be able to find replacements in the future or we will find ourselves talking about legacy stuff and
remain only with a pricey Next base on our hands with no option to put a pump on it and resume
with our setup?

(for example your newest software versions won't support older Aquaeros and that worries me a lot)

2) What Happens if I want to use 1 D5 Next Pump in series with a D5 PWM of yours or of another
brand and I want to have them attached to the Aquaero and controlled by it?

I have read a response that you will be fixing the bug that keeps Aquaero from controlling 2 D5 Next
and this is good news as long as you are marketing it on your sales page but I was thinking of some
alternative options.

The main reason I want the D5 Next pump is in order to take advantage of its embedded temp sensor
and flow sensor estimation/alarm in order to avoid putting them as extras on my loop and for my needs
that is enough.

With that in mind buying 2 D5 Next makes no sense to me as long as 1 will offer to me what I need
and I was considering to buy one more pump as a pump res combo in order to save space but
also for aesthetics and down that road I was thinking of a more flexible option like your D5 PWM because
I want them both to be controlled simultaneously by the Aquaero.

Can this work ? I would appreciate some examples to end up with clarity on that.

The set up is meant to be From Pump res combo => to the D5 Next => to the loop.

3) D5 tops compatibility of the D5 Next pump???

This is the most confusing of all the rest ... I am digging the web to find answers on that but it is
fairly impossible as long as not so many people have this Pump yet and that leaves us with a huge
question mark above our heads...

Regarding the customized dimensions of the D5 Next pump can you please verify or suggest with
certainty what D5 tops and top/res combos are compatible with it to avoid the guess work plus the trial and error attempts?

(and of course I am not talking about your option :D This is well considered already but i don't like
the aqualis approach)

I am sure I did stumble upon some discussions talking about incompatibilities and this needs to
be addressed in order to know how I will finish my loop :) 8)

Examples: Alphacool Eisbecher D5 / Alphacool Eisdecke D5 tops / EK options / D5 photon from xs-pc /
primochill CTR and Anvanced D5 / Bits power Mod Top and V2 Extreme / Singularity Computers options etc

I bet that answering to these questions will help lots of people who will land on this thread to decide
what to buy in combination with your D5 Next gem. It would be good to know also which of the above is also compatible
with the D5 PWM version and in that case especially the SC Protium.

I will be looking forward for your answers as long as I am eager to place this 500Euro pending order
but before i do I might need to add some stuff ;)

Thanks in advance 8o 8o 8o

Dienstag, 18. Dezember 2018, 07:48

1) What happens if a d5 Next pump fails and what will be my options in the long run?
when a part of you pump is broken you can contact our support an you can by he most parts as replacement or we repair the pump.
2) What Happens if I want to use 1 D5 Next Pump in series with a D5 PWM of yours or of another
no problem.
You can use most of the D5 tops. Only tops that have a ring or cover over the pump will not work.

RE: D5 Next Questions for setup decisions

Dienstag, 18. Dezember 2018, 17:54

A little bit more explained:
1) The pump is based on the Laing / Loware D5 motor. This means you can use any other D5 pump to replace it. All of our products have long term of support. You can currently buy spare parts for products up to 17 years old.

2) The problem connecting two pumps with the aquaero is already fixed with the aquasuite / firmware release today. If you use more than one pump in your system the virtual flow sensor will not work properly. The other thins will work fine.
As the second pump doesn't know about the inlet flow it can not calculate the total flow and will show something wrong. If you only want to use the flow measurement for an error at no flow it will still work.

3) Most of them work with the D5. For example:Aqua Computer
Any product designed for D5 pumps:

ULTITOP D5
airplex modularity D5
Pumpenadapter für D5 / aqualis
aqualis D5 100/150

EK:
EK-DBAY D5 PWM

Can be installed but must be mounted using the bracket shipped with the pump:
EK-XTOP
EK-XRES

XSPC:
All current D5 tops:
D5 PHOTON
DUAL BAY

Bitspower:
D5 MOD TOP

Watercool:
All current products:
Heatkiller D5 Top
Heatkiller Tube

Koolance:
Doesn't work.

Swiftech:
MCP655/65X Top

Alphacool:
Eisbecher D5
Eisfach
Eisdecke
Alphacool Repack Single D5
HF D5 Top

Others:
Protium D5 Top

D5 next is a specialized pump in order to work with its base controlling unit which means
that no other pump will be or at least for now is available to be bought and be put on its place.
The thing now is that I see no stand alone Pump option for the d5 Next inside your shop and that
makes me think that I will have to buy the whole thing if I find my pump dying.

Regarding the long term ... what are your plans of supporting this "Next" concept and what
happens if you decide to move forward with whoever has this pump bought? Are we going to
be able to find replacements in the future or we will find ourselves talking about legacy stuff and
remain only with a pricey Next base on our hands with no option to put a pump on it and resume
with our setup?

(for example your newest software versions won't support older Aquaeros and that worries me a lot)

I have read a response that you will be fixing the bug that keeps Aquaero from controlling 2 D5 Next
and this is good news as long as you are marketing it on your sales page but I was thinking of some
alternative options.

The main reason I want the D5 Next pump is in order to take advantage of its embedded temp sensor
and flow sensor estimation/alarm in order to avoid putting them as extras on my loop and for my needs
that is enough.

With that in mind buying 2 D5 Next makes no sense to me as long as 1 will offer to me what I need
and I was considering to buy one more pump as a pump res combo in order to save space but
also for aesthetics and down that road I was thinking of a more flexible option like your D5 PWM because
I want them both to be controlled simultaneously by the Aquaero.

Can this work ? I would appreciate some examples to end up with clarity on that.

The set up is meant to be From Pump res combo => to the D5 Next => to the loop.

This is the most confusing of all the rest ... I am digging the web to find answers on that but it is
fairly impossible as long as not so many people have this Pump yet and that leaves us with a huge
question mark above our heads...

Regarding the customized dimensions of the D5 Next pump can you please verify or suggest with
certainty what D5 tops and top/res combos are compatible with it to avoid the guess work plus the trial and error attempts?

(and of course I am not talking about your option :D This is well considered already but i don't like
the aqualis approach)

I am sure I did stumble upon some discussions talking about incompatibilities and this needs to
be addressed in order to know how I will finish my loop :) 8)

Examples: Alphacool Eisbecher D5 / Alphacool Eisdecke D5 tops / EK options / D5 photon from xs-pc /
primochill CTR and Anvanced D5 / Bits power Mod Top and V2 Extreme / Singularity Computers options etc

I bet that answering to these questions will help lots of people who will land on this thread to decide
what to buy in combination with your D5 Next gem. It would be good to know also which of the above is also compatible
with the D5 PWM version and in that case especially the SC Protium.

I will be looking forward for your answers as long as I am eager to place this 500Euro pending order
but before i do I might need to add some stuff ;)

Thanks in advance 8o 8o 8o

Mittwoch, 19. Dezember 2018, 13:20

Starting up this reply let me say a big thanks to both of you (Stephan & Sebastian)
for covering this thread with your answers and to be honest ... Stephan you delivered!

1) Regarding the first question there is something still fuzzy. The D5 next pump
as it appears on your videos
and at your product listing image (4/5) on your shop,
is custom made in order to be able to be attached on
the D5 Next base
(usb connection + 2 holding points) and from there to the MoBo or Aquaero through
Aquabus High port.

Regarding this I was wondering if this specific pump will be accessible
(available for purchase) in the future as I expect you to move forward at some point
and make this one a legacy product (in case my pump fails at some point due to usage).

2) On my second question now I'd love to define something. While getting an alarm for no
no flow situations is indeed something I am after (in case something happens while the PC
is doing something and I am afk) ...

... my idea was/is to place the D5 Next as second in the series (with another pump/res combo above it
as first) in order for it to be the one who will send the liquid into the loop and thus get
an inlet/outlet calculation and provide the virtual flow number (but I am unaware of
the variables of your algorithm to be able to set this up right)

My initial goal through that was/is to have an estimation (number) of flow for my loop
and avoid by all means having a flow sensor into the loop, at first for reducing unnecessary
restriction and secondly and most importantly for me to avoid having this Bloody tickling noise
because if we keep aside that this drives me NUTS(!) the main goal for the loop here is
dead silence!

By receiving your definitions I will be by all means fully covered on this topic
and able to decide what to buy finally to have my goal accomplished!
:D

D5 Next Aquabus Cable

Mittwoch, 26. Dezember 2018, 07:53

I have read through the D5 NEXT manual several time, and have also used google in an attempt to find information on the Aquabus Cable required to connect the D5 NEXT to an Aquaero 6XT via Aquabus.

I found an Aquabus Cable on Aquatuning that states it has a standard 4 pin Aquabus connector on one end, and a 4 pin Miniature connector on the other end. The Part Number is 53214.

Unfortunately, Aquatuning USA, and PPC are both out of stock on this cable.

In my search for a solution, I found this PWM Fan Adapter which appears to have the required miniature connector on one end. (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005ZK…0?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

I have one inbound, and it should be here tomorrow, so I'll Edit this post with whether or not it will work.

It would have helped if the D5NEXT Manual contained the information on the Aquabus Cable.

RodeoGeorge

wpuser

Mittwoch, 26. Dezember 2018, 13:56

You can find the cable in the shop :whistling:

aquabus cable 4 pins for VISION, QUADRO, D5 NEXT

How to connect D5 next with Protium Cover?

Sonntag, 30. Dezember 2018, 04:31

I don't know ... I might be blind or anything else but I am still struggling
to understand how the D5 next is supposed to play when it is put inside
the Protium cover ...

In order to put it in there you need to remove the base and then the only thing that
remains is the D5 and the 6 pin input adapter which is meant to connect this
pump with its base ...

Is there any chance I could get this answer please because it will be the third time
asking it ....!

Is there a cable or anything else I might have to use in this 6 pin female input
on the D5 Next in order for it to get power and get connected
with Aquaero Aquabus High???

And I repeat ... in order for the pump to be mounted on the Protium cover (part of the
Singularity computer D5 pump res combo) it needs to be removed from its Base
on which is everything that has to do with connecting the pump to a Sata power cable
+ the USB + the Fan and the RGB/Aquabus connection.

What I miss here ?

It has been long enough since I first asked that but I remain confused and without
an answer on that matter ... What I am supposed to do ?? :?: :S

@Sebastian @Stephan

PS: Can the https://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_inf…roducts_id=3255
Aqua Computer D5 pump motor with PWM input and speed signal
be somehow connected to the Aquaero through the Aquabus High and not through
a fan header ?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Edropian« (30. Dezember 2018, 04:37)