• 18.04.2024, 10:28
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

NF-A20 not working with Quadro?

Sonntag, 26. Mai 2019, 00:30

Hi,

I can't make the 200 mm Noctua fan work with the Quadro. When PC goes to sleep and then wakes up the fan won't spin again. Aquasuite shows the warning that RPM is low. The software also shows Quadro pushes the power according to the curve or settings but still the fan doesn't work. I tried different headers with the same result.

I understand Quadro hasn't been designed for such a fan but a firmware update could maybe solve the problem? Or maybe there is a way to make it work allready? Mine consists in not using the fan at idle but only at load, so it's allready stopped when my PC goes to sleep and it will start normally when I launch a game. But that is not a solution for a case fan.

Quadro and Aquasuite are great but I really wish to use this fan normally, it's a great fan!

Sonntag, 26. Mai 2019, 08:44

Post your settings and take some screenshots. Otherwise nobody will be able to help you here.
Basically the NF-A20 are a bit problematic. Because the fans need VERY much power to start.

Dienstag, 28. Mai 2019, 10:18

Thanks for the answer.

Here's my settings:

https://youtu.be/X440qsV9cm4

And what's going on after restart or come back from sleep:

https://youtu.be/laL6nM14xOM

Dienstag, 28. Mai 2019, 10:23

Sorry to make two posts (see above).

I've got a PWM cable with a SATA power connection, I could plug it between the Quadro and the fan but I would need much efforts due to my config being very difficult to access. I should have noticed the problem during installation, my bad. Do you think it's worth the try?

Dienstag, 28. Mai 2019, 10:51

Connect the fan directly to the output, do not use a splitter, adapter, extension cables. when this is working the quadro is ok.

Dienstag, 28. Mai 2019, 12:46

Connect the fan directly to the output, do not use a splitter, adapter, extension cables. when this is working the quadro is ok.
I did not use anything, it's allready connected directly to the output. I asked if another power source could solve the problem.

So do you see any way to make the NF-A20 work? Could a future update fix the problem?